Mandel Scientific

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edward Godman

Resistance to change; entrenched values; secretive management; flexiblity in work-life balance

ProsFlexibility in work-life balance
    Friendly staff
    Access to upper management

ConsBelow average salary
    Little room for advancement
    Power struggles with entrenched values

Was originally a satisfying job but then changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsSome good co-workers with integrity and intelligence

ConsI have read the reviews and it's sad to see that nothing has changed and the same problems continue five years after I left the company. I found that a certain core group of employees were allowed to do things that other employees weren't which was very frustrating. Some co-workers did very little work and were allowed to get away with it because they were friends with the manager and the rest had to pick up the slack. Hard to talk to management. They go through the motions of listening but don't work towards any solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to take a closer look at what is happening between manager and employees and investigate why people are leaving.

A horrible place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsThere are still some very good people working here for some reason.

ConsMisogynist behavior towards women; No room for advancement; Management approaches conflict passive-aggressively or with intimidation, seems to deal exclusively with redundant issues while completely ignoring larger, core issues; Air of superiority towards lower-level employees; Fostering a culture of paranoia (telling people they see, hear and know everything) and distrust - necessary information is not passed along through appropriate channels but funneled through gossip; Micro-management of travel expenses; Management often singles-out individuals for ridiculous issues (making toast); Shockingly low company morale; No loyalty to employees; Management shows a blatant disregard for common decency or proper business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some extremely serious core issues with this place. You need to take a long, hard look at what you are doing. You are driving good employees out the door in droves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was okay for a while but I needed to get out.

Administrative (Former Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsSome very nice co-workers, experience dealing a lot of attention to detail. Good experience dealing with a lot of responsibility.

ConsA lot of confusion and disorganization throughout the whole company. Putting up with double-standard from management towards productivity. Management spent more time quick fixing issues instead of properly addressing larger core problems. Ridiculous amount of network issues. Low company moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome basic prioritizing would go a long way. Try to avoid complaining to your workers about other workers so much, somewhat unprofessional.

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

Proscompany was so disorganized that you sometimes had free time!!

Conseverything, terrible management, overworked and underpaid...starting salary $30,000, commission structure not achievable

Advice to Senior Managementget new management

Worked for Mandel Scientific? Contribute to the Community!