Mando America

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tae Kwak

sales engineering

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Novi, MI

Prosdiversified culture.
    a little bit above avg. salary level
    insurance is above average

ConsOffice hours are strict.
    Very little PTO's.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employee's educational expenses

Too many problems to fix

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Opelika, AL

ProsLearning experience. Family like environment within your team. Everything was done semi-automatically which means you get to see the whole process unlike some other big companies where things are done automatically. If you are willing to learn and forego salary and life, this might be it for you. I gave a 2 star instead of 1 just because I've learned a lot and worked with wonderful colleagues. Dinners are provided if you stay later than 6PM.

ConsEverything else. Politic is ridiculous. No room for growth except to learn technical skills in which I mentioned above. Disconnect between senior management and staff level employees. You are expected to work on the weekend and on some holidays. Evening work is pretty much required. Many managers fail to reply to staff level employee's e-mails. Incompetent managers are everywhere as I had a manager tell me to talk to his subordinates because I wasn't a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease find a way to retain talented people and let incompetent managers go. I really did not understand how some of the managers got there. IT"S REALLY BAD. Learn the word incentive (a la higher pay and better work/life balance). Please treat all employees fairly regardless of their background.

Terrible Korean Company

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Opelika, AL

ProsNothing good about this company. Trust me, stay away if you can. They treat employees like indenture servants or some kind of disposal camera. Once you are worn out, they replace you.

ConsTheir hourly rate and salary is so far below the market average that they figures do not even register in the bell curve. The entry level salary has not changed since the 1990's probably and hourly rate never changes.

Koreans rule the company. These foreigners from Korea get nice cars, nice houses, and salaries while Americans get treated like indenture servants. Young people get treated worse. They are like slaves. They work 16 hours a day with a salary from 1990s.

I heard from many people that people work for 2 years and all leave. AND they have like 33% turnover rate. They don't care because their motto is "someone else will come along who is desperate for a job and work like a slave." People leave because of crap salaries and they don't do anything about it.

This is not an American company. Korean culture is dominant and Koreans refuse to accept American culture and laws. It's always about Korean this and Korea that.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is out of touch with the 21st century middle class. This is NOT KOREA. You're in America, so follow American laws and culture.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor benefit

Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
    Opelika, AL

ProsVery poor manage all employee

ConsVery important initial saraly agreement

Advice to Senior Management..

Low letvel of management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Opelika, AL

ProsI don't think this company any pros.

ConsIt has Serious problem with management

Co-op Student Process Engineer

Industrial Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee)
    Opelika, AL

ProsGood Experience and exposure to industry. Good people, technology is impressive. Engineering team is excellent and smart and easy to work with. Factory as a whole uses majority robots.

ConsSalary is low for me and from other full time engineers, also every major decision has to be run by home company in Korea

its ok

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

Prospeople are the best to deal with

Conscompensation is less minimum at best

Being starter it was good but not for experienced persons.

Research Engineer (Current Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsVery good company for starters to learn & woman for enjoying vacations.

ConsManagement sucks. No clear goals defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to check management decisions & should have clear goals & strategies.

Worked for Mando America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mando America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mando America CEO Tae Kwak. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Mando America employees.