Manhattan Associates

Manhattan Associates Reviews in Bangalore India

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Manhattan Associates President & CEO Eddie Capel

Eddie Capel

Pros
  • Good for the ones having interest in Supply Chain domain(in 44 reviews)

• Work-life-balance is ok, at times it will be high during product releases(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance not so much; cannot work from home(in 45 reviews)

• no work life balance and more pressure(in 15 reviews)

71 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice Work Culture, Great Environment and Fun to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Salary Structure and as Product based, so much lesser affected by Global Recession. Best For freshers to start working with. Maximum chance for going on-Site.

ConsMost of On-Site work is limited for 3 months. Long Term on-site requires Very good knowledge of the product.

Great company for Supply Chain Professionals

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsCompany pays good, work environment is excellent.

ConsSome of teams have alot of internal politics and favorism.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to employees than just mid management.

Good (not great) place to work for

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1) All products are built on a common platform and that common platform will have all the latest technologies and will keep updating as well.
    2) Products are technically very sound, once you get to understand the architecture and code base, you will gain good technical knowledge.
    3) Works in supply chain domain, which is in demand in several other companies.
    4) Centralized build team now, so the developers can focus only on development and not bother about build and deployment, which was not the case couple of years back.
    5) WFH option and flexible timings (obviously depends on teams and managers).
    6) Free dinner and saturday lunch, for other days, they will give coupons.
    7) If you get lucky, you will get a good enhancement work, which will strengthen your technical acumen.
    8) Salary will be good (only if you are here for 5+ years)

Cons1) As I mentioned in the last point in pros, if you get lucky. But unfortunately, most of work we get in India is bug fixing and porting. If enhancements are there, they will be very minor ones, even a fresher can do. All good enhancements are design are done in US.
    2) UNFAIR onsite opportunities. In one department, there will be good amount of travel even for freshers and new joinees, while in other department, people will not get a single change even for 8-9 years. Very unfair and I always hated that.
    3) Some people may not agree but I have felt that some US people don't have much respect towards their counterparts in India.
    4) Salary is better than service based companies and less in par with other product development companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing good job. Just one advice, give fair onsite opportunities at least to the good resources to keep up their motivation and also involve them more and more in design work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience, good culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosbest in supply chain industry market
    cutting edge technologies are used
    there is less chance to be on bench , you will always have work
    transport service are good

Consif you are in support team or professional service team not in R & D team. so little chance to get complete picture of product or to develop something from begenning.
    Politics are there. have to maintain good repo with senior if want to grow further
    food quality are not good especially for north indian people

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on food quality
    give training to support and professional service team about complete product functional and technical flow.

Excellent growth opportunities technically in R&D division

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsIn R&D division, you will get chance to work on latest version of technologies, product development. Salaries are OK i.e. Not so high for newly joining people and not less. Pays decent salaries. Work-life-balance is ok, at times it will be high during product releases. Following Agile methodology, so there is continuous monitoring of work status. Technical Career growth opportunities are excellent up to Principal Software engineer.

ConsReward more highly dedicated people and technically strong people. Career opportunities are stagnant for Senior people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer opportunities are stagnant for Senior people.

ok

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood exposure and learning place

Consworst management in india team

Advice to Senior Managementplease show courtesy to working employees and please judge properly

Business Analyst

Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Work environment , good amount of travel

Constime policy and long term vision of company, life balance

Good Comapny to Work

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood salaries and hikes.Its a supply chain domain which is in demand now and an interesting area to work.They value Every day , Every customer, Every employee...

ConsBig product and Less resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlanning Can be effective

Good place to work..

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsImportance to employees. Good Salary Hikes. Domain has good demand in the market.

ConsNo process in place. They need to improve planing the QA activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the process. Planning is required.

Average Company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Salary better than service based companies.
    - Good for the ones having interest in Supply Chain domain.
    - Leader in its field.

Cons- Too much work.
    - Salary on lower side compared to product based companies.
    - Technically not much to learn, but functionally you can learn a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry managing the workload on employees. Hire new talent.

Worked for Manhattan Associates? Contribute to the Community!