Manheim

www.manheim.com

Manheim Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Manheim – San Antonio – “President's Award”

Manheim President Sandy Schwartz

Sandy Schwartz

Pros
  • Its a fun place to work with good work-life balance and opportunity to grow(in 8 reviews)

• Very good benefits - as part of privately held Cox Enterprises, the benefits are first class(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about the true(lot) employees(in 7 reviews)

• I see that customer service suffered do to the metric based way of doing things(in 4 reviews)

Overall, a good experience.

ProsBeing that Manheim is part of Cox Enterprises, Manheim has great benefits (low cost) and a good PTO policy. They are definitely the powerhouse within the automotive auction world.

ConsOnce corporate brought a consulting firm to come in and determine what was best for an auction, things changed drastically. Field staff could not make a decision on an account without going through multiple levels of approval process at corporate. Operating staff at the auctions were cut to a minimum so customer service paid the price.

Good benefits...lots of change without consistency

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat company that has shaken things up all around, however the impact on the customer has it's up's and down's. With Cox as a backing company with lots of technology that will be excellent to work with in the future.

ConsToo much change, most dealers are confused as to who that are working with. All the changes in the field have led to customer frustration. Fees have been another problem for customers, hard to sell the product when the competition is doing it for free.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep things simple and steady, too much change in a short amount of time, look to your employees in the 'trench" for advise, not what outside corporations and consulting tells you to do.

Fair employer to people who work hard

Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsManheim pours a lot into their employees. That is true benefits, but I have seen that anyone who has a good attitude and works hard will excel.

ConsSenior management has made slow decisions in the past, and it has not resulted in the best outcome. Fortunately, that has been changing in the last year.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many 'chiefs' - not enough 'indians'

Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Benefits. Good vacation and holiday time off work. Many perks such as a subsidized in-house cafeteria, gym, parking garage, etc. at Corporate Office. Opportunities for continued education.

ConsManagement launched a lot of campaigns and programs that went away after a year or two. Short term goals from executives seemed to be ever changing. Corporate office out of tune for what is happening at their remote locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be hasty to make changes

Overall observation

Prospeople that I work with on a daily basis

Conscustomers that are over demanding

Lot of work, no pay!

Lot Driver and Other Non Pay for Duties (Former Employee) Fairfield, NJ

ProsNo pros. Just a miserable experience

ConsA lot of work and no pay. They always promise a 'raise.' Management is very irresponsible

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workers for the work they do

GOOD JOB

Contract (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosnext to my new house

Consnot enough hours per week

Advice to Senior Managementno advise

I love being in the auction business.

Block Clerk (Current Employee) Independence, MO

ProsYou get to meet all kinds of different people and every sale day is different.

ConsDealing with upset auto dealers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Good company that has lost some confidence

Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people and a good culture. The company is very family orientated.

ConsThey change the org chart every other week.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more promotions instead of adding senior in front of everyone's job title

Fair employer to people who work hard

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsManheim pours a lot into their employees. That is true of benefits, but I have seen that anyone who has a good attitude and works hard will excel. The dissatisfied ones are sometimes people who do not pull their own weight, and get upset when not promoted.

ConsSenior management has made slow decisions in the past, and it has not resulted in the best outcome. Fortunately, that has been changing in the last few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to pay for performance model, but be sure it is fairly administered.

Worked for Manheim? Contribute to the Community!