Manheim

www.manheim.com

Manheim Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Manheim – San Antonio – “President's Award”

Manheim – San Antonio – “President's Award”

Manheim President Sandy Schwartz

Sandy Schwartz

Pros
  • Its a fun place to work with good work-life balance and opportunity to grow (in 8 reviews)

• Very good benefits - as part of privately held Cox Enterprises, the benefits are first class (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about the true(lot) employees (in 7 reviews)

• I see that customer service suffered do to the metric based way of doing things (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Just started work on July 21, very impressed, fantastic retirement job.

Driver (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat people, all of them. From top management all the way down the ladder. It is a class act business. If I were just starting out in my career I would definately look into Manheim. As a part-timer, I can's see anything that is missing. Management shows a sincere interests in finding a balance in what is best for me and best for the company.

ConsI haven't seen anything that is problematic enough to mention.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

Internship with Manheim and the people that work there are great!

Intern (Former Employee) Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

ProsCo-workers are there to help you, very organized, great work/life balance

ConsWas only an internship and did not have open positions for the interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Overall, a good experience.

ProsBeing that Manheim is part of Cox Enterprises, Manheim has great benefits (low cost) and a good PTO policy. They are definitely the powerhouse within the automotive auction world.

ConsOnce corporate brought a consulting firm to come in and determine what was best for an auction, things changed drastically. Field staff could not make a decision on an account without going through multiple levels of approval process at corporate. Operating staff at the auctions were cut to a minimum so customer service paid the price.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople are treated well and the building we are in is very nice.

ConsLow pay and not much room for raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better raises

Typical extreme programming shop

ProsThe attitude is laid back. In general it has a relaxed atmosphere, no push for long hours, free snacks.

ConsIf you don't want to work in an extreme programming shop this is not for you. Don't question that pair programming or lack of ownership of code is a bad thing or you will be going against group think. Idealogical theory of software development not open to other ideas, no ownership of code, constant roll over of consultants, not open to alternative tools, brogrammer culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe present.

Good benefits...lots of change without consistency

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat company that has shaken things up all around, however the impact on the customer has it's up's and down's. With Cox as a backing company with lots of technology that will be excellent to work with in the future.

ConsToo much change, most dealers are confused as to who that are working with. All the changes in the field have led to customer frustration. Fees have been another problem for customers, hard to sell the product when the competition is doing it for free.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep things simple and steady, too much change in a short amount of time, look to your employees in the 'trench" for advise, not what outside corporations and consulting tells you to do.

Finally a company that really cares about its people!!

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYeah right. When it is Friday and you know that tomorrow you won;t have to come back. Thought I had found the best of the best with Manheim; unfortuneately, it was a mirage... Best thing about this place is the benefits. Those will not last as personnel and positions are eliminated. The future is bleak for the brick and mortar auctions and this one will fall too. Oh, and don't send your underlings to write up fake reviews on Glassdoor about how GREAT this place is. Anyone who's worked here sees right through you!

ConsI was totally "conned" into thinking that Manheim had a attitude of investing in their best assets; their people. With numerous reductions in force and needing to meet goals set by inept pencil pushers from out of the industry the morale and production of this one time giant is a poor replica of what an auction should be. Service is poor. Experienced personnel is replaced by poorly trained and inexperienced people with no clue. The auctions are saving a ton of money by letting go of the experienced (ready expensive) folks to make room for the cost savings of ineptitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's all been said before - fire yourselves. The nepotism of this place is rampant. Grease still gets things done because the managers choose to look the other way. When you find out someone is not playing the game you eliminate them. Butt kissing is the norm and until this changes, your ship will soon sink. You all know it but you're just hoping to make the cruise last while you are still on board - shame on you all.

Management Fail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fontana, CA

ProsThe coworkers are very nice and humble. Benefits are great. PTO is good if you are allowed to use it. HR, Promotions and TRA departments are good to work in. The Commercial department personnel are very nice. The Pay is okay. HR does a lot of employee events.

ConsManagement is rude. Time off is discouraged. EE involvement in activities discouraged. Management encourages working off the clock for accounting EEs. Some supervisors gossip incessantly. It can be a really bad environment due to the supervisors being rude all the time. And if you don't find other employment...you are trapped. If you are educated they will treat you like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the unprofessional people like the Controllers and a few managers. This is a good size company and should be run as such. Not a Mom and Pop. Hire college graduates and real professionals!

Fair employer to people who work hard

Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsManheim pours a lot into their employees. That is true benefits, but I have seen that anyone who has a good attitude and works hard will excel.

ConsSenior management has made slow decisions in the past, and it has not resulted in the best outcome. Fortunately, that has been changing in the last year.

Overall observation

Prospeople that I work with on a daily basis

Conscustomers that are over demanding

Worked for Manheim? Contribute to the Community!