Manitowoc Co.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manitowoc Co. President, CEO, and Director Glen E. Tellock

Glen E. Tellock

Key account manager handling large key customers and working to increase sales year over year. Work to meet sales goals

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Manitowoc Co. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat leadership, great employee programs, great availability to grow within the company.

ConsHealth and wellness, 401K is average but encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet more of the employees, place more emphasis on wellness and healthcare

Good but could be great

I have been working at Manitowoc Co.

ProsThey are somewhat well established and are trying to improve reliability and quality.

ConsThere is a lot of potential for the shady grove division but they are locked into the past. The processes are old, the designs are old, the company does not seem to want to transform the products they produce. Also they don't really consider what the customer is paying for and it's really hard to get them to buy into top quality and innovation. The location is not much to be desired. They should really change locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the old mentality " if it ain't broke don't fix it". The customer feedback system does not work well at all yet you use it as an excuse not to fix or improve any if the products because you think the customer is fine with it. Improve the channels for customer feedback and use it to improve the products rather thinking that you know what the customer wants better than they do

Cost driven company

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Manitowoc Co. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIn our location, there are few managers so there is less politics

ConsClosed our location and moved to Mexico.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't grow the company by cost cutting.

It was just an OK place to work

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Manitowoc, WI

I worked at Manitowoc Co. full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly co-workers. Working hours were usually 8 hrs a day. I was kept very busy so the days just flew by.

ConsDrive to and from work every day was longer than I care to have. Job responsibilities changed and I ended up doing more duties in an area which I was not hired to do. Not that I mind helping out but some days it became my "main" job while my real main job was left undone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like part of the company. Don't say one thing to their face and then something totally different to others in the department.

Foodservice group lacks direction, has too little resources, too many projec and is overly concerned with cutting costs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Manitowoc Co. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHas a good portfolio of different brands.

ConsUndergoing a massive reorganization which has resulted with the brands no longer having any autonomy. People have been reassigned to functions they're either not qualified for or really don't want. In time, they'll probably see a mass exodus of key people as they find other jobs that provide more reward and satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in people and quit the endless cost cutting.

Software Engineer

I have been working at Manitowoc Co. as a contractor

ProsI think the company has a great set of products to offer being in the food industry. They supply to some of the top restaurants in the country and world.

ConsI can't think of any as of yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have a better process in place for software development as sometimes there are no proper guidelines.

Manitowoc is a well run ship

Assembly (Former Employee)
Salem, VA

I worked at Manitowoc Co. full-time for less than a year

ProsI was given the hours I needed and Chris, the manager, performs above par at his position.

ConsNone, I had no complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote Chris

The most backwards place I have ever worked but good money

General Welder (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Manitowoc Co. full-time

ProsThe pay is good and there is plenty of overtime. You can work as many hours as you want as long as you work at least 58 a week.

ConsThere is mandatory overtime and you are forced to work at least six days a week. Five days a week you have to work 10 1/2 hours and on the sixth day you can usually work 8. Also, we are always out of parts and constantly changing the production schedule. If you care about the company, you will be frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease invest in the QAD system and get control of your inventory. Also, get rid of the consultants who are milking the system.

Great company that truly cares about people

Company (Current Employee)
Manitowoc, WI

I have been working at Manitowoc Co. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany is willing to let people do what they do best. Moving within and up in the company is encouraged. Communication throughout the company is outstanding,

ConsSome areas can seem to be a little behind at times and it can be very difficult for people from the outside to get in. This creates opportunity for those that want to work hard and make things better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great communication and commitment to the company.

HR manager

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee)
Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I worked at Manitowoc Co. full-time for less than a year

ProsGlobal company with global possibilities.

ConsBe carefull with the management in Brazil.

Worked for Manitowoc Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manitowoc Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Manitowoc Co. CEO Glen E. Tellock. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Manitowoc Co. employees.