Manitowoc Co.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manitowoc Co. President, CEO, and Director Glen E. Tellock

Glen E. Tellock

112 year old company that still has plenty of energy.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsGrowth, Employee Treatment, Travel, Flexibility. Great folks to work with. Opportunities abound if you are willing to travel the globe.

ConsCompensation Package, Smoke Stacks, Rice Bowls. Segments sometimes don't work together. Recent M&A still have senior employees avoiding full Manitowoc philosophy. Compensation package change not explained.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit all facilities!

Good company, but trying to do too much with too few resources.

Director (Current Employee) Manitowoc, WI

ProsGreat people - down to earth culture. Lots of potential for growth, and they're focused on the right things.

ConsNot much work/life balance....pace is crazy, and they're reducing staff.

Good ole boys is alive and well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Manitowoc, WI

ProsGood people running the company day to day.

ConsIf you try to do the right thing and live up to our values, that is great....Until it reveals someone's incompetence who is protected by executive leadership... then you are out the door faster than you can imagine.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour values are just words...learn what they mean, then try to actually live them like your employees do. I was respected and valued...and highly rewarded in the company...until I called to question something that one of their golden boys did to the detriment of the company, then they walked me out. When I brought it to the CEO and President's attention.... I was thrown back to the wolves that attacked me. Unreal. Don't ever trust this company. They screw their own people, customers and suppliers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marginal - Overall - Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Staff is great. If you want to be told what to do, this is the place. If you don't want to be held accountable, this is the place.

ConsDirectors are really micro-managers. Most managers are just managers. Leadership above the director level appears to understand leadership. Director level doesn't understand what leadership is. The entire company appears to like management by fear. No one is held accountable. Big bark, no stick.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the executives would lead and be leaders (making the tough decisions) this company may be able to retain white collar staff. Adhere to the values you espouse. Lip service doesn't work, hence the high turnover.

Good but could be great

ProsThey are somewhat well established and are trying to improve reliability and quality.

ConsThere is a lot of potential for the shady grove division but they are locked into the past. The processes are old, the designs are old, the company does not seem to want to transform the products they produce. Also they don't really consider what the customer is paying for and it's really hard to get them to buy into top quality and innovation. The location is not much to be desired. They should really change locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the old mentality " if it ain't broke don't fix it". The customer feedback system does not work well at all yet you use it as an excuse not to fix or improve any if the products because you think the customer is fine with it. Improve the channels for customer feedback and use it to improve the products rather thinking that you know what the customer wants better than they do

Cost driven company

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIn our location, there are few managers so there is less politics

ConsClosed our location and moved to Mexico.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't grow the company by cost cutting.

It was just an OK place to work

Customer Service (Former Employee) Manitowoc, WI

ProsFriendly co-workers. Working hours were usually 8 hrs a day. I was kept very busy so the days just flew by.

ConsDrive to and from work every day was longer than I care to have. Job responsibilities changed and I ended up doing more duties in an area which I was not hired to do. Not that I mind helping out but some days it became my "main" job while my real main job was left undone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like part of the company. Don't say one thing to their face and then something totally different to others in the department.

Foodservice group lacks direction, has too little resources, too many projec and is overly concerned with cutting costs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHas a good portfolio of different brands.

ConsUndergoing a massive reorganization which has resulted with the brands no longer having any autonomy. People have been reassigned to functions they're either not qualified for or really don't want. In time, they'll probably see a mass exodus of key people as they find other jobs that provide more reward and satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in people and quit the endless cost cutting.

Key account manager handling large key customers and working to increase sales year over year. Work to meet sales goals

Account Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat leadership, great employee programs, great availability to grow within the company.

ConsHealth and wellness, 401K is average but encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet more of the employees, place more emphasis on wellness and healthcare

Software Engineer

ProsI think the company has a great set of products to offer being in the food industry. They supply to some of the top restaurants in the country and world.

ConsI can't think of any as of yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have a better process in place for software development as sometimes there are no proper guidelines.

Worked for Manitowoc Co.? Contribute to the Community!