Manna Freight Systems

Add Photos

Alan Meehan

3 years and counting

Route (Current Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsI was new to the transportation business and started as a temp to hire. I've been here for 3 years now and have been promoted twice.

ConsIt can get real busy at times, but its what you make of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and thank you!

Terrible management and nowhere to move

Customer Service (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsI had one manager who was really great and understanding when I had a death in the family and needed time off, but then they fired him, so not so much of a pro.

The people (not managers) who work there are generally very nice.

ConsImpossible to get a raise or move up in the company. I was courted for a position in another department that was presented to me as a step up, with a huge shift in my work and more money, but after being in the role for 6+ months, I still hadn't gotten the raise and the shift in my work never happened.

Managers pretend to listen, but then nothing happens and they won't tell anyone anything about upcoming changes until it's too late to convince them what a terrible idea it may be.

Harbors and environment of fear. Most of the time, people were scared to come into work because they didn't know if they were going to get fired or not so there's very little sense of job security and senior management doesn't make anything better since they walk around and tell people how very little they mean and how easy it would be to replace them with temps.

They treat their customers like crap. Business is business and I understand that the bottom line is important, but they cut costs to the bare minimum, overschedule the delivery people and then customer service has to take all the heat.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, treat them with respect, and honor your commitments.

Laid off after a week of employment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen i started the culture seemed great, the job was exactly what I was looking for, and I enjoyed being there. A big change from working at Wells Fargo.

ConsThey hired several new employees with a start date of February 3rd. Then, February 10th, laid us all off. I left a guaranteed income to take a new job, only to be let go after a week. When asked, they said there was no way they could forecast the slow season... Despite apparently knowing this was the case for several months.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsI love the independence and flexibility that comes with helping to run a profitable brand and grow accounts. I have a great staff to work with in a laid back environment that works hard to achieve a common goal.

ConsAt times stress levels can be high and long hours can be worked but all work is compensated fairly and it makes my days fly by quickly!

The sales jobs are expendable and temporary.

National Sales Consultant (Manager) (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

ProsHere are the only positives:
    1) M-F day hours
    2) Base salary 30's-40K plus small commissions
    3) Support personnel in other departments are very nice

ConsFar more negatives:
    1) Cold calling from lists or from Google searches all day.
    2) Very little coaching.
    3) Commissions are pennies on the dollar.
    4) The few salespeople that have been there the longest keep all the largest shippers under their name.
    5) Dozens of ex-salespeople's names in a company's database - red flag.
    6) It's a cold calling job, not an idea job.
    7) No advancement, the same people have been in the same upper sales management jobs for decades.
    8) There are many many more negatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAre you kidding? They would never listen to a thing anyone else said much less do it. You are a cold calling drone and you will be expendable in time like the other salespeople who didn't inherit large accounts.

Horrible management that considers everyone expendable and has no issues overworking employees.

(Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with within my department were very nice and it's honestly why I stayed as long as I did.

Steady hours.

ConsTraining programs were implemented to help with training and give people raises, but when too many people were actually getting trained properly they shut it down and refused to give people the raises they were signed off to receive.

Management has stated several times in front of employees that we were all worthless, expendable, and easily replaced.

No matter what happens, they will fight your unemployment.

Breached several employee contracts by refusing to pay contracted bonuses and then fired said employees after several weeks of constant humiliation and attempts to get them to quit.

The pay is terrible and there's no way to actually get raises or advance.

For those that do "advance," at least in customer service, if they're made to be a "lead" within 6-7 months every single one has either quit or been let go.

They will make promises that things will get better and that things will be changed, that more people will be hired to help relieve them, but then nothing gets better or changed and no people are brought on.

Upper management will randomly lay off entire sections of departments, including one time where they sent an email to the entire company advising that there would be major layoffs the next day and then got rid of half their customer service department just before the holidays.

They forced overtime on employees and were not understanding for those that had kids that had to be picked up from daycare or taken care of when they were sick.

The layoffs were so bad that November - January there was an average wait time of 3-4 hours for calls even with people constantly taking calls and not being allowed to take breaks.

They are a horrible business with horrible management and they don't care about their customers at all.

They also don't have enough parking for all of their employees and openly tell people to park in other business's parking lots.

I've been working for several years now and I have never seen so many people get laid off, put in their two weeks, or flat out quit in such a short period of time. Everyone there is deeply unhappy and it was a common conversation topic to talk about applying to other jobs and needing to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's nothing I could say to them. None of the upper management cares about their employees or their customers, all they care about is the money and they were happy to tell their employees that.

Worked for Manna Freight Systems? Contribute to the Community!