Manor ISD Reviews

Manor ISD

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manor, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manor, TX

I have been working at Manor ISD

Pros

Even second or third year teachers can often find opportunities for advancement that might not come along in other districts. There are a lot of people in the district who genuinely care about the welfare and learning of the kids and if you have the chance to work with them, the job is great.

Cons

The high turnover sometimes leaves people in positions who really don't belong there. While many of the schools have done incredible work to improve their performace, others are doing dismally and it really shortchanges the kids. Often decisions about what is going to happen in the district are brought to employees in the guise of a discussion but the decision has already been made. That makes things frustrating at times.

Involve your employees in a meaningful sense in decisions instead of just telling everyone what is to be done when it is too late to change things.

Very unprofessional place!

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Christiansted, VI
    Former Employee - Teacher in Christiansted, VI

I worked at Manor ISD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small enough to be in control of your classroom and get to know your students.

Cons

Salary is literally at poverty level and administration couldn't care less about what you teach or how you teach. An extremely unprofessional place with double standards all over the tiny campus.

Sell the place and let someone who knows what they are doing take over.

Great place to work with friendly and knowledgeable technology staff member, upper management can use some adjustment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manor, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manor, TX

I have been working at Manor ISD

Pros

Manor ISD has a lot of growth potential, and the technology department is a great department to work for.

Cons

Pay scale is not competitive to others ISD around the area. High upper management is lacking the right vision and direction.

none.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looking for different ISD, more education, or different job and so are many others that I know of, despite the economy.

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Manor ISD

Pros

Pretty good health insurance options.
    Mostly wonderful colleagues who are willing to help when needed.
    You can control the air conditioning in your room. This might seem petty, but those who don't have this know why I've included it.

Cons

No raise for several years, yet more work is expected (typical of many industries, I know) so your planning time is taken up with filling out forms, meetings, etc.

Test driven, which is managed from central office every three weeks. More forms to fill out.

Work 6.5 days a week to get everything completed.

Never hear a word of individual praise from supervisors.

AP's and Principal's expectations are geared toward meeting numerical goals from above, not toward the "best interests of the child."

Despite written policies, students are passed on to the next grade who have not made the grades necessary, or who have missed too many days of school without making up the time. You know what this leads to for their next teachers. And students realize that the chances are high they will be passed on despite failing to meet what our policies state. I'm sure we're not alone here.

Time is nonexistent for interdepartmental planning.

The system is broken. Time for a new system. How about year-round schools? How about uniforms? How about holding all students to high expectations, and not letting them slide all year without consequences? How about setting expectations for parents? Yes, some try KIPP or other Charter Schools, and when their student is thrown out for discipline issues and/or doing nothing academically, we take them as they are, and allow them to continue this behavior, disrupting the classroom every day. They fail most subjects and we pass them on. This does a disservice to the student and to the parents. We are not being "authentic" and they know it.

HORRIBLE!!!

I worked at Manor ISD

Pros

Good benefits: health insurance, TRS

Cons

Incompetent leaders: principals, others as well

Worked for Manor ISD? Contribute to the Community!