Manpower

Updated January 29, 2015
3.2

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • not sure about others but my work/life balance was great (in 23 reviews)

• Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Dissatisfied

I worked at Manpower

Pros

Great vacation credits for new and current employees

Cons

Too big to care about staff, customers, candidate and service. Rates are high. Not competitive in salary with other services

Find the Human in Human Resources, stay fair in compensation, recognition and loyalty

Sucked

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Staff is clueless. Treats you like crap when you don't follow through with guidance they didn't give you.

Cons

They can't find their butts with both hands and the management helping.

Fire yourself!

Temping For ManPower London

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Not a lot really. They got me a temp role but that's where it ends. the McDonalds at Liverpooll Street station is convenient for lunch whilst you wait for ManPower to locate your files.

Cons

Unprofessional, unorganised and a free for all. An absolute disgrace of a recruitment company. They are full of empty promises, telling the temp one thing and the potential employer another. This caused unnecessary drama and stress. Myself and 3 other temps have no idea whether our contract have been extended and not one ManPower employee seems to know what's going on.

Get it together guys! You charge your clients finders fees but yet you don't know your elbow from your bottom.

Glad I left; Thinking about this company makes my skin crawl.

I worked at Manpower

Pros

I worked for this company for nearly three years. I cannot think of any pros from working here.

Cons

Absolutely NO work/life balance is the least of the issues here. The management is horrible. None of them care at all about their employees.

Horrible employee

Former Employee - Tech Support in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Muncie, IN

I worked at Manpower full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are none at all

Cons

How they treat everyone

Fix everything

Horrible company to work for avoid like the plague

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Awful company to work for I had some very bad personal issues going off which I explained and they wouldn't help me by changing my shift patterns this contributed even more to my depression and I needed time off they would constantly ring me and wanted me to come in for reviews every week. They would question why my Doctor put what he did on sickness notes, they didn't even pay the correct amount of sickness pay and I had to get in touch with Inland revenue. They would put the phone down on me etc. They would also screw up your bonuses sometimes overpaying people or vice versa and late. Even head office was useless when I got them involved they didnt return phone calls has they said they would. I also was spoken to rudely and told by one member of staff that her working hours was nearly over so I had to ring the following day to resolve my pay issues however if I were to do that or any other call centre staff you would get fired for bad customer service.

Need to actually care about Health and Well-Being and not treat people like they're just a payroll number and deal with any problems

Absolutely miserating as a temp. They go out of their way to treat you like you're less than an employee

Former Employee - Trocar/Blade Assembly/Probes in Sinking Spring, PA
    Former Employee - Trocar/Blade Assembly/Probes in Sinking Spring, PA

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have donations every year for united way in which you get special treatment for donating part of your paycheck. (Ex. Parking spot, a dinner, insurance.) They have an angel tree to help needy families which is nice for the community. Mostly ladies work here.

Cons

Manpower takes a little over a quarter of your paycheck. The company values their employees, but do not value temporary employees; make it next to impossible for temps to get hired. (It takes 18 months before they consider hiring) The supervisors are power hungry. You stare through a microscope basically all day, which ends up hurting your eyes very bad.

Try to treat everyone equally. In such a job that you sit and think all day, be more lenient with people conversing for the sake of sanity.

Horribly disorganized and don't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Manpower full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sincerely there is almost no pros to this job with Manpower except it keeps the lights on and bills paid.

Cons

It's been a non-stop fight to get timesheets fulfilled, benefits and now they deny health insurance . Everything has been an uphill battle at this location. Absolutely seek employment as a complete last resort. I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone ever work for or with Manpower. When trying to resolve issues with unpaid on the job expenses and pay I am literally told "Why are you talking to me?"

New management is what needs to happen. Followed by a thorough cleaning of house there. Professionally trained and professionally engaged staff is needed.

Terrible experience from an agency

Former Employee - Contracted Tele-sales in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Contracted Tele-sales in Boise, ID

I worked at Manpower full-time (more than a year)

Pros

paid weekly, and not too much else since the cons definitely out weigh the pros

Cons

It took a week to adjust my fed exemptions, but 7 weeks to get my state exemptions changed. I really don't understand why it took someone that long to go into my W4 and change a lousy number (I used to do payroll, it's not really a huge task). The other problem is that they were very secretive about any spiffs that they paid out and they would take back wages stating that we were overpaid on the spiff. They referred me to payroll , who referred me back to the local office, who sat on it for three weeks until I finally threatened the Dept .of Labor to get involved. Another culprit was the client in that they refused to tell employees exactly what spiff was earned. They also failed to get one on my co-clients in the system for a few weeks.. Overall I would say run from this agency, they are not fully above board in their dealings.

Force the local office to be honest and upfront with your workers. Don't belong to the firm of Dewey, Cheatum, and Steel.

Horrible

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They placed me with a great company and great coworkers. I actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

Pay is at least $1.00 less per hour than the other staffing agencies. I have been trying to contact my recruiter and she never calls back. They do not pay you time and a half if you work a Federal Holiday when the other temp agencies in my area do.

You need to wake up and get current with the employment laws and maybe practice people skills

Manpower Photos