Manpower Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014

3.2

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Serious concerns about Manpower

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist  in  Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very fast paced work environment assuming you're in a busy market. The company has a great framework as it relates to helping associates. If the the framework can be executed at a high level I truly believe it will be one of the factors that will set Manpower apart from competitors such as Kelly, Randstad and other staffing firms.

The company values look fantastic on paper and if the company desides to roll out this field network strategy structure, I think it will help Manpower attract and retain top Recruiting/HR/Sales professionals to move the company to the next level.

Cons

Oh my .....where do I start:

I'm a current "in-house" employee meaning I'm a contract employee. I have an extensive HR background and a very seasoned professional. I have no idea what benefits I'm eligible for: Healthcare or how to accrue PTO/Vacation Time....there was no benefit orientation....I immediately went into training on how to "do the job."

Compensation: The job profile and the roles (more than one) the Staffing Specialists are expected to play doesn't match. Wasn't even more alarming is that the compensation doesn't line up. A company should NEVER ask a person who has a job title of Staffing Specilaist to perform the amount of HR Generalists tactics as this position requires. If the company and its clientsexpect dual roles then the Staffing Specialist should be paid accordingly.

The average slary for this position is somewhere in the 35K-45K. With the way the roles are now for my particular area...and based on the amount of revenue the office is making....the minimum annual salary should be around 48K.

Additionally, there are no corporate cards so you have to purchase things for clients and associates out of pocket only to get reimbursed later. I think that's horrible. No company mobile --- but yet I'm suppose to use my own personal cell phone to capture images of associates to make badges? Where they do that at? All bad.

Advice to management:

1. Consider implementing a short Friday programs during the warm months (May - Septemeber) for your staff and watch how it increases morale.
    2. You need to increase compensation. If you don't you'll continue to have high turnover for Staffing Specialist.
    3. Provide company cards for your staff employees. They shouldn't be coming out of pocket to purchase things for associates and/or clients if they're already making close to nothing.
    4. From a succession planning standpoint, decide on the caliber of talent you want in your organization and adjust your compensations decisions accordingly. You absolutely get what you pay for and if you're not willing to pay for top talent, someone other company will.

Short and sweet

Current Employee - Temp  in  Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Temp in Flint, MI

I have been working at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are personnel finders not much direct work

Cons

Pay is shifted to them

Can't say I regret it, but I am ready to move on

Current Employee - Invoice Professional  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Invoice Professional in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours, decent pay for what you are doing, lots of access to upper and middle management. Active on professional development.

Cons

There is not a lot of recognition within our particular office, pay scales are inconsistent, with some employees getting paid more than their managers. Virtually no workplace culture. Very small raises, little room for growth.

Make this a less strict place to work and value your employees to reduce turnover.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manpower can be helpful

Former Employee - Customer Assitance  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Assitance in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Manpower part-time for more than a year

Pros

they can found you work that fit your experience

Cons

some of manpower agents are rude and unprofessial

hiring people that want to help us not the ones with attitude and poor leadership!

I am very proficient for manpower

Current Employee - Production Worker  in  Pineville, LA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Pineville, LA

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Best reason to work here is togain experience and knowledge.

Cons

Challenges for this company working with other employees that are lazy.

administrator

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor

Pros

Great place to work they find you work in a timely manor.

Cons

Because it is temp your assignments sometimes end unexpectedly.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Administrative/Project Coordinator  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Project Administrative/Project Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than a year

Pros

They had me placed on a job shortly after applying with them. They were very flexible with my vacation requests.

Cons

Their paid vacation time accrual of 1500 hrs is alot.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Manpower is a great place to work. They develop from within, turning each employee into a true asset. In turn they promote from within as well once an individual has peaked development on their current role.

Cons

The work is hard, but the reward is great. Expectations are set very high but are not unobtainable.

No advice... keep it up

Experis was able to keep me working steady for one client on a specialized project

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Manpower as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Experis has multiple coverage and several methods of contacting them.

Cons

Finding the right person to contact.

The people make the difference

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Staffers are friendly and polite, the level of professionalism is high.

Cons

Not all assignments turn out to be long enough.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!