www.manpower.com

Updated December 22, 2014
3.2

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • not sure about others but my work/life balance was great (in 23 reviews)

• Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Horribly disorganized and don't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Manpower full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sincerely there is almost no pros to this job with Manpower except it keeps the lights on and bills paid.

Cons

It's been a non-stop fight to get timesheets fulfilled, benefits and now they deny health insurance . Everything has been an uphill battle at this location. Absolutely seek employment as a complete last resort. I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone ever work for or with Manpower. When trying to resolve issues with unpaid on the job expenses and pay I am literally told "Why are you talking to me?"

New management is what needs to happen. Followed by a thorough cleaning of house there. Professionally trained and professionally engaged staff is needed.

Great industry and company, simply bad management at specific location.

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Sanford, NC
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Sanford, NC

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a self starting position - you simply do your job, you do not have your branch manager breathing over your shoulder, which is great!

Cons

Lack of promotional options due to lack of availability in smaller offices. Regional manager, however, spent too much time in the branch contradicting what was being done and what the branch manager instructed.

Hire managers with more experience. I had a hard time taking instruction from the branch manager when the regional manager was instructing something completely different.

Was ok to work there

Former Employee - Assembler in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Assembler in Ogden, UT

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Co workers and nice office to work in although kinda hard to find clearfield location. ... next next next next.

Cons

Manpower staffing in clearfield utah. Because of the same things especially when you have time. ..jobs located in ogden is always the same one.

Won't help

Lack of Team Work and Negative Work Environment

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist

I worked at Manpower full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I learned so much about employee relationships and employment trends. Developing relationships with associates and clients was really rewarding. Being able to share the information that I know about employment trends and best practices and being involved in my community were both very positive experiences for me. Good benefits and great paid time off.

Cons

Managers in different branches or divisions were constantly disagreeing and there was little to no team work between offices. The work environment was very negative and there was favoritism towards some of the staff. Moving up in the company is very difficult and competitive. Projects are unorganized and offices are ran too lean. Commitments to some employees are not honored.

Show your employees that you value them, keep personal information confidential, treat everyone the same.
    Talk to your employees about advancement and growing in the company.

decent pay, weird hours and pushy managers sometimes

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Manpower full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay, team-members, enviorment, helping numerous people

Cons

managers who need goals met according to them

become reasonable

Leadership going in to many directions

I worked at Manpower

Pros

cutting edge technology and people in the field are great to work with

Cons

corporate/regional offices don't have a clue what its like in the field offices

visit all your locations

Manpower review90

Current Employee - Assembler in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assembler in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The best reasons for working here is to get a foot in the door of a company, and an easy way to find work quick if you are unemployed.

Cons

You need about 1800 hours before you get a paid holiday off such as Christmas. When other companies that I have heard of get a paid holiday when you work there for 90 days.

Better way to help transition people to other jobs when a contract expires.

Employees are unappreciated, poor management, poor salary structure...

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist

I worked at Manpower full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Willing to train entry level employees at beginning for employment to custom systems. Not willing to train on employment laws and other hr tops.

Cons

No performance feedback for employee or manager leading to a inefficient use of resources and under performance. Salary structure makes no sense, it is all over the place. Was not allowed to be paid for overtime unless extenuating circumstance, but even as a non-exempt employee when I worked overtime I was not monetarily compensated but was allowed additional time-off (off the books of course). Branch Manager would not show up and ask us to tell regional director she was out doing sales calls when she was really at a hair appointment or just running late because she didn't like to come in to work before noon. Benefits were outrageously expensive above average employee contributions for coverage provided. No room for advancement unless branch manager leaves company. If something goes wrong with an employees pay and it is Manpower staff is not directly responsible Manpower policy forces temporary employees to wait 10 business days before Manpower will address the issue and "send out payment" again if pay has not yet been received.

Provide feedback. Do surprise drop ins on branches as branch managers are not doing work but having staffing specialist complete both branch manager tasks and staffing specialist tasks.

Manpower

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They found me a part-time job fairly quickly.

Cons

They never even continued to look for a full time position for me until I started bugging the recruiter on a daily basis

Too many starts, always laid off to much

Current Employee - General Labor in Ludington, MI
    Current Employee - General Labor in Ludington, MI

I have been working at Manpower full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Have to pay bills, want to work longer, give more jobs, listen to person applying, and help instead of caring.

Cons

Cannot get a good start, and cutoff too quick

Listen to applicants.