Manpower Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
3.3

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • not sure about others but my work/life balance was great (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and most nice people on branch level (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Keeps up with the times

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Olympia, WA

I worked at Manpower as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Man Power puts you through a assessment test to see where your strengths are and match your jobs your strengths.
    They service both clerical and Factory business. You can work part time or full time.
    If you feel the job you were sent on is not a fit you can request a new assignment.
    If you work a 40 hour week a period of time you receive full benefits.

Cons

Man Power was always there for me so I have no cons.

Keep up the good work.

Good- American Cancer Society

Current Employee - Constituent Representative Specialist  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Constituent Representative Specialist in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Manpower is a local staffing service that offers different types of job opportunities.
    In my experience working for them at American Cancer Society they have been very flexible with scheduling.
    The pay is at least above minimum wage and bonuses are available. Also, work parties.

Cons

The supervisors at ACS have somewhat lost their touch when it comes to helping CRS agents truly better their performance so they can succeed. I also feel that it's become harder to succeed at ACS in general because telemarketing seems to be a dying business.

The actual Manpower managers are great but again the ACS supervisors could use a tune up

Always had a job for me

I worked at Manpower as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I really liked that I got to a variety of different kinds of work. It was a great way to explore all sorts of industries and possible careers.

Cons

The pay didn't always seem to match the skill on the job. Harder work didn't always pay more... and it should.

Find more temp to hire and get the right people on the job so they get full time work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professionalism Growth

Former Employee - Metro Recruiting Assistant  in  Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Metro Recruiting Assistant in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Manpower as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Since I started as intern I truly learned a lot from this corporate office environment.

Cons

Because of new CEO Jonas Prising all interns nationwide.

There needs to training for new employees.

Great culture and room for movement

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Lets you have an entrepreneurial spirit, great benefits

Cons

Politics gets you further than results and experience.

Don't lose hold of your strong performers and pay them what they are worth.

Great

Current Employee - BioTech Support  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - BioTech Support in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with serval different recuriters from different locals.

Cons

Did not have enough long term employments.

Great leader and strong Trouble shooter.

Great Place to work at!!

I have been working at Manpower full-time

Pros

Great people and Great boss

Cons

The phones do not ever stop ringing but it comes with the job of helping others to get jobs

great company for temporary employment

I worked at Manpower

Pros

easy to register and work

Cons

some jobs are not fun

easier website would be nice, but certainly not unuseable

My experience at Manpower

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, very team oriented with plenty of support at your fingertips

Cons

Administrative duties are innefficient to overall productivity. Need a better workload distribitution.

Work on distributing workload to accomodate sales goals and employee expectations.

Good Things, but Buyer Beware

I worked at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed the assignment I was placed into, thoroughly.
    Felt the compensation was good for the role I was in.
    Weekly, directly deposited pay was nice.
    Onsite Supervisor was always helpful at answering questions or providing assistance

Cons

Unfortunately, my experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth about temporary employment.

The Onsite Supervisor made it seem like there was a strong chance of temp-to-hire occurring with the job I was at. The way everything was phrased to me gave me the distinct impression that either I would be added to permanent staff if the client liked my work and they were able to complete such a hire, fiscally...or...they would "not be able to add anyone". Given the assignment and the client, I thought this was a good, calculated risk to take regarding my employment needs.

To make a long story a little short, a position opened up, and I was in fact interviewed for it. But I was interviewed along with multiple external candidates as well, and I was not offered the position. In getting feedback from client management, I was essentially told that the details I had been shared - wherein I thought it was "either they'll hire you, or they can't add to staff" - were not accurate. The role I filled had always been a temp position, nothing more.

When I sought clarification from the Onsite Supervisor about this discrepancy, I was told - after the fact - that if I had not been informed completely of how that would have worked regarding temp-to-hire, the Supervisor was "Sorry for the misunderstanding".

It was too late for me to be angry about what had happened, but if I had known that before I started the assignment, I might have taken it differently.

To top it off, when seeking a next assignment, the Placement Specialist attempted to place me in jobs where I had zero skills, and at much lower pay. The Specialist then promptly transferred, and nobody at the company, or the Specialist, bothered to tell me until the replacement showed up.

The replacement Specialist has been moderately more helpful, but as of this writing, I am not on an assignment with them, and I frankly have no desire to go back on one with them.

You have to make processes crystal clear to your prospective employees. If a job is temp-to-hire, and I will be expected to compete with strangers off the street who have more experience than me, make that clear. If you'll try to put me in another job, but hey, it may be nothing like what you just did...that'd have been a nice heads up too. And train your people to give employees a courtesy notice when they're going to disappear and transfer, hm? That'd be appreciated too.

Manpower Photos

Headquarters Outside
Outside Headquarters
Outside Headquarters

+ Add Photo

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!