Manpower

Manpower Reviews in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance(in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Wish some of the assignments would turn into full time(in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though(in 10 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My first exposure to recruiting as a Sourcer and it was great.

Engineering Sourcer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsVery open environment, clear company communication throughout and tons of support.

ConsDon't really have any negative things to say, I had a really positive learning experience.

I have worked for Manpower for approximately 6 years.

Contractor (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsJob was a contracting job that lasted approximately 6 years.

ConsThrough the course of six years the company has taken our one week paid vacation. There is no sick time. Only five paid holidays left, you have to earn them with 1000's of pre hour time. Which means you can't take anytime off to get those paid holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of your contract people as more then slave labor.

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsClients themselves are terrific but......

ConsEmployees are treated poorly by company itself. No yearly reviews or salary raises. Cut hours many years ago, won't return to previous schedule. Benefits way too expensive for number of Manpower employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and reward frequently. Employees are the face of the company. If they're unhappy, client will be unhappy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manpower experience

On Site Supervisor (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsFriendly staff, close to home

ConsToo many promises, but not enough results

no big complaints

Receptionist (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prosoffers great benefits for a temp agency.

Conslimited growth opportunities and other resources.

Advice to Senior Managementbuild a rapport with your employees.

A large company with good resources and great people

Operator (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood pay
    Nice people
    Gave me a good job
    Lots of hours

ConsLaid off, not necessarily their fault
    Very strict schedule
    Not good for short term stuff

My first experience working with a Vendor; no yardstick to compare, but no complaints either

Consultant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI have a Contractor /Consultant status at another company; they worked with me when I had concerns. They manage payroll and have a 401 K plan for me to contribute to. All my actual work related activities are managed by the company I work for and I report to a manager over there.
    They have quite a bit of training fro those who want to learn new skills, I have not tried these as yet.

ConsThe Medical benefits was not good, I could do better on my own so I declined. They pay you for only six specified holidays in a year after you have put in 1000 hours.

Good training ground, takes a long time to move up.

Senior Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat place to learn the basics of staffing. Name is recognized and offices do not compete with each other for business.

ConsRecruiters have so much on their plate that they are unable to staff adequately. Recruiters are asked to do sales, register candidates and answer the phones. Too much interruption and management is always stressed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive you staffing specialists voicemail and do not make them take every call and greet every walk in. It is highly unproductive and a complete and total waste of your internal talent. Also create a better bonus structure In order to motivate and retain your recruiters.

Its a nice place

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsTeam Work is good
    Diversity - You will find people from different culture which is a good thing in large companies
    Learning - Management appreciates new learning
    Challenges
    Competent Senior Management

ConsLow Salary
    No Perks at all
    Favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees financially, as the salaries are too low

Mixed Bag

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsManpower is in an important industry and allows you to help people to find work; you feel like you're contributing not just to individuals but to the economy in general.

ConsThe company is very tight-fisted - salaries and increases are below national and industry averages, benefits have been reduced, managers lack sufficient training.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that the bottom line return to investors is what's most important - but investing in and developing good talent will also give good returns in the long run. Also, continue to invest in technology - that's the future.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!