ManpowerGroup Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • The epitome of a flexible workplace, they have no problem letting you work from home as long as you get your work done (in 3 reviews)

• above) and great ideas and concepts with a few really great people in the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 4 reviews)

• Management is not that proactive, follow-up skills, and returning calls and emails promptly are poor (in 2 reviews)

Payroll Coordinator

Current Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee groups, plenty of opportunity to get involved, and regular one on one meetings with your manager. Company has a great vision and goals for what it would like to accomplish.

Cons

Some departments have strict rules regarding time management. Departments can be somewhat segregated, and exposure to new tasks can be limited. The culture is over-dependent on acronymns.

Advice to Management

Encourage more growth and communication between departments. Offer more flexible job options, like we recommend to our clients. Stop using buzz words and set real goals.

2. OnSite Manager

Former Employee - Onsite Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Onsite Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are a big company with years of know how...They insist on making sure their employees are educated and do not mind sending you where you need to go to get it. I loved that about them.

Cons

Its all about the client. They can care less about employees, contractors or anything else. They will fire you to make the client happy.

3. building maintenance yard maintenance operations manager

Current Employee - Equipment Assistant in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Equipment Assistant in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it always gives you a piece of mind to that you always have a job if you lose the one that you are all that being a part of Manpower who teen

Cons

I didn't really have any down problems one thing the first kind of upset me is the way we get paid it supposed to be on Friday but we get it a day or two earlier which is Tuesdays or Wednesdays and sometimes we don't even get them then

Advice to Management

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen you have a very experienced determined young man moving up in the world thank you for taking a look at my application in considering me being a part of your team

5. machine operator

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at ManpowerGroup

Pros

they are good people to for

Cons

Dedicated, Reliable, Respectful, Trustworthy Dependinble

Advice to Management

N/A

6. Great Place

Current Employee - Quality Administration/Technical Writer in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Quality Administration/Technical Writer in Columbus, GA

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours, pay, coworkers, mangers

Cons

benefits.... health insurance way too expensive

7. Temporary Employee

Current Employee - Receptionist in Ironton, OH
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Ironton, OH

I have been working at ManpowerGroup part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good when you need quick employment, weekly pay, very nice employees, easy to work for and felxible with schedule. Easy employment process. A very good way to get your foot in the door with a company so that they might want to hire you in the future.

Cons

Most jobs are temporary, with more jobs being related to manual labor opposed to administrative. Pay start out on the low side.

8. Horrible experience

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Remote, OR

I have been working at ManpowerGroup

Pros

The first account I worked on was great; however, I was asked to go help a new account and it has been an absolute nightmare. So, depending on the account and the manager, it can really affect your job.

Cons

I was asked to go help a new account and it has by far been the worst experience I've had at a job. In the first 8 weeks on the account, the account manager never once spoke with a single person on the team and was completely unresponsive to any emails/messages sent to her. After 8 weeks, many of us still did not have access to all of the systems we needed in order to do our job, even though we asked for help and updates every day. I tried speaking with HR about my concerns and they did not help at all, just said I needed to speak with my supervisor, who never once returned a single email sent to her regarding concerns.

Advice to Management

As a virtual employee, it was impossible to do a good job with a supervisor that was completely unresponsive and oblivious to the problems on the account. I would strongly suggest having regular team meetings when a new account is launched so that everyone is on the same page. I've never worked on an account before where there was no leadership or team meetings at all.

9. Just another corporation

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome HQ building. I suppose it's size lends itself to more easily making lateral moves.

Cons

The last three years have been layoffs in critical areas like IT and HR but with they still expect everyone complete the same amount of work. I saw layoffs where the new VP didn't even know what people did before letting them go. Stress and instability is now the norm in many areas.

Advice to Management

You cannot outsource your way to profitibility.

10. Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once you prove yourself, you are left to run things as you would your own business. Provides autonomy with national recognition. Reimbursement is good with potential to take trips as awards for top 3% of the company.

Cons

The environment can be stressful as in all staffing. Expectations are high for the Branch Manager to bring in sales as well as manage operations.

11. Talent Acquisition

I worked at ManpowerGroup full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for dedicated, hard working, professionals. Amazing people and leaders. Strong vision and commitment to client-first services. Great place to learn and grow.

Cons

Some roles can become "locked in" and your skills can not be fully utilized. If you are not vocal you may become "stuck" in your role.

Advice to Management

Proactively approach staff and discover their true ambitions and goals. There are many people who are working in roles well beyond their true capabilities. Make sure you adequately pay your employees. Inevitably, they will talk, and there are some discrepencies with compensation. Most people are there because they love their jobs, but they should also feel that they are being paid justly.

RSS Feed </> Embed