Mansfield Oil Reviews

35 reviews filtered by
3.3
Michael F. Mansfield Sr.

1. Dynamic company in a dynamic industry

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has achieved tremendous growth year after year, and is well positioned for continued growth. This growth allows for multiple avenues for employees to realize professional growth and career development within the company. The company is in the top 50 privately held companies in the US, but is still nimble and flexible enough to be responsive to market conditions and growth opportunities as they come available. The addition of electricity and natural gas product supply opens up huge potential for additional growth over the next few years.

Cons

The energy industry is very dynamic and fast paced, and Mansfield's role in the supply chain is to simplify the complexity across the entire US and Canada; therefore, working at Mansfield is not a good fit for people that do not thrive in a fast paced, challenging, and demanding environment. where hard work, being able to handle a variety of tasks, and being willing to collaborate with others on the team is an absolute necessity.

Management should continue to strive to improve communication of the Corporate strategy to every level of the organization, being sure that each person understands their respective role in meeting the overall objectives of the company. As the company continues to grow, this will become even more difficult, and so it needs to remain a key focus of the executive leadership.

2. Challenging but extremely rewarding

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For me the ability to have a positive impact on the company is a big benefit. The company is willing to be open to change, listen to suggestions, and actually install changes. Not every company is willing to look into the mirror like that and here I'm not just an a number. That is very rewarding for me.

Cons

We have grown a lot over the years and as fun as growth can be it's also very challenging.

Plan ahead for the growth and put the resources in place before the work load hits.

3. Challenging and demanding environment but fun and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn something new about the industry every day
    Fast paced business. Never any downtime.
    Great group of co-workers
    My supervisor is always there for me. If I need something, all I have to do is ask.
    Opportunities for advancement and relocation.
    Leadership seems to care about me.

Cons

Can be long hours, depending on what is going on.
    Stress level can get elevated.

Continue to work towards cross department communication. Sometimes it seems fragmented.

5. A great place to start your career with lots of autonomy and opportunity to grow

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The executive leadership takes a vested interest in the employees by offering quarterly training opportunities, mentorship programs, and a new recognition program.
    The employees are all one big family, when someone is stressed, everyone will pitch in to help.
    There are many promotions throughout the year and tons of openings available, so there is always something available if you want to get more experience.
    You get to have a lot of autonomy in your job, in my case, I can own everything I do - from idea generation to implementation, it is mine. You can't get this in a public organization...

Cons

The company moves very fast, which can be frustrating and stressful at times - but exciting if you like that sort of environment.
    There are some employees who work VERY long hours - I have not experienced this myself, but I know others who have. However, this seems to be their choice and they are usually rewarded very well for it.
    There is a lack of communication and some departments get into a "silo" and it is difficult to know what is going on - but I imagine this is pretty common at companies in general.

Don't overwork your best employees - this will cause them to want to leave, instead, focus on spreading out the work. Make sure managers are managing their people effectively and hold them accountable. Continue to take a vested interest in your people, they appreciate it very much!

6. Not Going Places

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time

Pros

Breakfast after the sleep inducing quarterly meeting

Cons

No matter how much you work, how much much you do well, or how many times you go the extra mile it will never be noticed nor appreciated. Management has their favorites and will let those exceed even when there is no effort put forth.

Stop sending surveys that make no sense and actually have one on one meetings with your employees to inquire about their opinions....And don't just pick the employees that brown nose. They have time on their hands to kiss butt whereas the people that are actually working and producing results don't have time to tell you how nice your tie looks.

7. Demanding work for little recognition

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Room for growth, but could lead to re-location. Supportive and knowledgeable co-workers.

Cons

Little support or recognition from upper management. No educational growth within your position.

Training needs to be materialized properly throughout all levels. Sometimes I was teaching my supervisors. Listen to the little people instead of the "bosses."

8. I worked at Mansfield Oil

Pros

You meet great people, great start up company if you're looking to get into the oil industry.

Cons

No management, micro- management environment, low pay, zero growth.

If you want to keep your employees longer than a year change management and who you hire under management.

9. at your own risk

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Mansfield Oil

Pros

Decent pay in the area. Interesting industry.

Cons

Favoritism, back stabbing, no real HR, work must be your life if you want to move up and even then it may not happen.

Start over with new managers or listen to employees suggestions for better environment.

10. Corporate Culture

I have been working at Mansfield Oil

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the industry as a whole.

Cons

Expected to work from 7:30 to 5:30 for an 8 to 5 job. Compensation is not competitive.

11. Great Opportunities for Growth

I have been working at Mansfield Oil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

With the right attitude and initiative, Mansfield is a great place for opportunity to grow. All you need to do is show them you want more!

Cons

The coworkers can be discouraging with their negativity, however as of late, many of those negative minded employees have parted ways with MOC therefore leaving the environment there a bit more pleasant.

Mandate process documentation. There are so many instances of confusion and error on the part of the employees simply due to not having clear direction.