Mapfre Reviews

Jose Manuel Martinez Martinez

1. CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Webster, MA

I have been working at Mapfre part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a stable company with flexible hours. The culture is relaxed. The business is necessary so you don't need to be concerned about lack of business.

Cons

I don't really have any cons that stand out in my mind. I enjoy my job, the days go by very quickly there really isn't anything that sticks out.

Advice to Management

They need to give consideration to increase the wages, for both merit and cost of living. Management needs to recognize and show appreciation to valuable employees.

Processing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Benefits are OK . paid holidays

Cons

save yourself don't waste your time with this company most of the negative reviews are spot on . No room for growth unless you know management on a personal level . systems are outdated .

3. Claims Investigation

Current Employee - Claims Investigator in Ponce, PR
    Current Employee - Claims Investigator in Ponce, PR

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm bilingual and with over 30 years in all lines claim adjusting and investigation.

Cons

I don't see anything against working in MAPFRE in Florida except that I'm working for an opportunity in or close to Kissimmee, FL.

Advice to Management

I prefer no to contact MAPFRE. And keep this search confidential.

5. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Casualty Adjuster in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Casualty Adjuster in Webster, MA

Pros

Great benefits! The environment is very welcoming. I've been with the company 10 years & still love it.

Cons

I wish there were more branches in more areas such as Boston. Also, their salaries aren't the highest.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making me feel like a team player not just a number. I look forward to working another 10 years.

6. Interesting work, but pay is lower than those of similar companies

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family environment, approachable management

Cons

Pay is not on par and management choose turnover over retention

Advice to Management

Consider more carefully the cost of having an employee be hired away rather than retain for reasonable compensation

I have worked for Commerce Ins (now Mapfre) for 25 years. There have been many changes since the Mapfre purchase.

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate management has handled the change with great respect to the many long term employees of Commerce.

Cons

Management wants employees to provide detailed accounts for every minute of the day. Not only is that difficult in certain positions but is extremely time consuming. Although some positions are easily monitored by production units, some positions can't be accurately accounted for in this manner. I believe it just leads to invented record keeping that is not useful and is time consuming.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees informed of changes and respect their input and concerns. Explore different ways of evaluating employees time and productivity.

Getting worse by the day...

Current Employee - Contact Center in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Contact Center in Webster, MA

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many great people working here. There is not much more to say but I have to write at least 20 words here...

Cons

Micro management is the key word here. Managers rule with intimidation and bullying. Supervisors walk around policing the aisles than go back to their cubes to chit chat and gossip the rest of their shifts. Morale is at a all time low... Company also closes it's doors for certain holidays and makes employees either use their payed time off or make up their shift during the same week. Does not seem fair if the company is physically closed and employees do not have the ability to work their normally scheduled shift.

Advice to Management

Clear out your current supervisory positions and start fresh. No one is happy or feels safe with their jobs. Your new NICE system does not feel nice, but more of a way to micro manage your already oppressed employees...

9. Salaries and the lack of job growth are MAPFRE`s biggest downside.

Pros

Good health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending as well as a generous paid time off policy; free insurance education and tuition reimbursement programs

Cons

Salaries are below the industry average; poor technological infrastructure of claim systems; US operations are controlled in Webster, MA therefore there is minimal job growth in other offices (NY, FL, AZ); decisions by management to reduce costs that result in employee dissatisfaction;

A total mess!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Webster, MA

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Despite the increasing cost of the benefits, the coverage is still quite good and the PTO accruals are fair. There are some really great people employed there, but those are the people who will never get ahead in the current culture.

Cons

The vast majority of the leadership is not in touch with reality anymore. Most managers and supervisor are caught in the middle just trying to get the job done. Too much work and too little staff are a guaranteed mix for impending mutiny. Morale is at an all time low in most departments, yet there's little being done to identify the issues. The pay is beyond oppressive yet we try to convince ourselves that we are competitive.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and do what you can to implement balanced work loads. Setting goals and priorities is expected, but you need to staff accordingly if you want to keep people engaged. Working 60 hours a week is not normal, nor is it healthy. Also find a way to promote from within. There is a lot to be said for the loyalty the Commerce employees have shown over the years.

11. Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Mapfre full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for Career Growth -Continually open to improved process -Takes Customer Service seriously -Believes in their motto "People taking care of people" -Interested in innovation -Looks for employee feedback -Community involvement -Constant teamwork -Challenging work

Cons

I have been very happy with my 5 years with the company. At this time there are no glaring cons to report.

RSS Feed </> Embed