Mapfre

Add Photos

Jose Manuel Martinez Martinez

Great Company

Marketing (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsBeen in busines since 1931, extremely financially stable company with ample growth potential in US. If you want advancement opportunities Mapfre USA is the company. Growing fast in the US with much more to come. Great benefits and open door policy 24/7.

ConsWhen a company experiences rapid growth, new procedures and formats are paramount. Mapfre is in the growth stage in the US and hiccups are inevitable. Dealing with such growth is a challenge sometimes however a comapny the size of Mapfre knows what it is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is proactive and hands on in all operations. Keep doing what your doing!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Attorney (Former Employee) Garden City, NY

ProsPaycheck never bounced. Nice office, great location. Claims people and support staff are good, but very overworked.

ConsManaging attorney at Garden City office is an incompetent lunatic. Office manager is typical petty tyrant type. Workload way, way too high, pay too low.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can have quality or quantity, but not both. Salaries need to be raised and more staff is needed in Garden City office.

Claims Representative

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsThe pay for adjusters is industry competitive.

ConsIf you love being micro-managed, this is the place for you. They have the very worst management of any of the companies I have EVER been associated with. They are controlling, vindictive, and downright cruel to employees. The Gilbert, AZ location is basically managed by American Commerce in Massachusetts and they believe all claims should be handled as they are in Mass. which has an entirely different claims environment than they have in the West.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I would never have believed it unless I experienced it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Webster, MA

ProsBenefits are great. PTO time is fantastic and great that they have disability also.

ConsEverything except benefits. Management is very negative and authoritarian. Most adults are skeptical of this approach and expect respect rather than being treated as a child. EVERYTHING is of major importance. Tough to get a straight answer on priorities. Very busy and no direction is given. It's a hold your breath and hope for the best. The work environment encourages mistakes as it is a tense and judgmental place to work. Over the top with negative feedback. Only take a job if there are no other possibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take some positive management courses. This place is so unhealthy.

Just ok

Customer Service (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsVacation time, Paid holidays, Good benefits,Good location, Decent pay, Good hours, Nice break room, caring co workers, large company

ConsComputer systems older than dinosaurs!!!!!!All paper reference materials nothing on the computer. Supervisors and management who come to work for social hour only! Having a supervisor who has no idea how to do their job yet alone try to help you on yours. This is the most disorganized insurance company that I have ever worked for!

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your offices every now and then and see what's going on the floor.

My experience was almost unbearable.

Claims Specialist (Former Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsSalary, benefits, PTO in lieu of vacation and sick time.

ConsManagers have no professional training and can be abusive. Upper management is not open to obtaining employee input. Extreme disorganization and constant changes in positions, duties, procedures. Managers imported from the office in Massachusetts lack regional experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith few exceptions, most managers need training in how to manage people. Your style of management is oppressive and does not motivate employees. Management by intimidation has proven ineffective in motivating employees. You really need to learn how best to create a positive atmosphere, so that your employees are motivated by desire rather than fear.

A great place to work for those who do not think independently and do not have experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsPaid time off days are nice.

ConsOld style management by intimidation, very autocratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect. Utilize the knowledge and experience of your staff and accept that there are very individual working styles rather than trying to mold employees them to the style of the manager. Recognize individualism.

Good place to work, wages are low compared to competitors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery positive on human relations inside company.

ConsCompany lies behind competitors in knowledge, technology, etc.

Horrible

ProsMany of the employees are very nice.

ConsIT support is either cumbersome or non existent. Many cliques of people

Organization

Technical and Medical Assistance (Former Employee) Lisbon (Portugal)

ProsVery good fellowship and friendship

ConsBad organization and without support for the operators

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization, support and better organization for the schedule/time-table

Worked for Mapfre? Contribute to the Community!