Maplin Electronics Bracknell Reviews

1 review filtered by
  • Bracknell, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Johnathan Cleland

• Staff discount can be quite reasonable on some items (in 6 reviews)

• Interesting product range with new items introduced on a regular basis, and was easy to learn about them as they were brought in (in 5 reviews)

• Even after being here for years my pay is still on minimum wage (in 11 reviews)

• I took a position in head office and within a month I could not wait to get out (in 5 reviews)

Poor from the word go

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Maplin Electronics part-time (More than a year)

The people; people you work with are always incredible, very knowledgeable. I have learnt a lot working at Maplin

Starting off with the minimum wage salaries and working times that change weekly, leading on to shifts changing without warning. You end up doing the job of 12 people, cleaning, serving customers, stock control, delivery, goods out, returns, customer service.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I would build the training program at maplin, the sales advisors have a tough job learning about products at stores with 3 management there is normally a 4th keyholder, that key holder is paid same wage to do 2x as much with loads more responsibility, train them up to a top level and then give them a raise and the title of "technical advisor"

Showing 1 of 85 review