Maplin Electronics

www.maplin.co.uk

Maplin Electronics Reviews in Bracknell, England

3.3

Johnathan Cleland

Pros
  • The staff-discount is good, but one needs to compare prices elsewhere first ;) (in 6 reviews)

• Interesting product range with new items introduced on a regular basis, and was easy to learn about them as they were brought in (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Its very underpaid, minimum wage when you start and only seems to increase when you get older (in 10 reviews)

• I took a position in head office and within a month I could not wait to get out (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Poor from the word go

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Maplin Electronics part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people; people you work with are always incredible, very knowledgeable. I have learnt a lot working at Maplin

Cons

Starting off with the minimum wage salaries and working times that change weekly, leading on to shifts changing without warning. You end up doing the job of 12 people, cleaning, serving customers, stock control, delivery, goods out, returns, customer service.

Honestly, I would build the training program at maplin, the sales advisors have a tough job learning about products at stores with 3 management there is normally a 4th keyholder, that key holder is paid same wage to do 2x as much with loads more responsibility, train them up to a top level and then give them a raise and the title of "technical advisor"