Marana Health Center

1.2

CEO

chaotic

I have been working at Marana Health Center full-time

Pros

direct care staff are genuine and caring

Cons

management is unpredictable and lack respect for staff

management just made some decisions to remove some of the poor management.

Terrible management

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Marana, AZ
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Marana, AZ

I worked at Marana Health Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Patients are what we are there for and we certainly care about them, many of the coworkers are in the trenches with you.

Cons

Middle and upper management is terrible and make it impossible to do the job over time. They have little or no training and have openly lied to me, and broken promises about what they would do and take care of. They have favorites among the general office staff that can do whatever they want and then everyone else gets in trouble for any slight transgression. The management openly joke to the staff about going to another clinic when they are actually going to the mall to shop. This leads to very poor morale. I am sure all of the staff would like to go to the mall too, so do not brag about a privileged life to them, and then write them up for texting after you were just texting.
    The monthly bonus is a joke, it is a carrot that is dangled in front of you, available only after the first year of employment and the only way a provider could consistently get it would be to not give good patient care. Because if they really did everything they say they are doing in those charts, there would not be enough hours in the day. I actually listen to hearts and lungs, not just document it. At Marana you do not get any kudos for giving really good care or having patients that really think you are a good provider. Security is a problem, guns and knifes have been brought into the clinic by patients. The doors have been left unlocked overnight before. I do not feel that anyone has my back when it comes to my staff or my safety.
    Poor work life balance, you are expected to take home charting, I was up all hours at home, no extra pay for that time. Which meant less time with my children. The pay is low when you consider that the bonus is just a carrot, and there is no opportunity for advancement.
    At Marana they just do not care about their providers, they feel that there is always a new grad just around the corner willing to take our place and take the abuse. Well be prepared. Don't trust anyone.

It would be so easy to retain providers, just listen to them. Providers bring patients in, providers bring money in. Providers care about the people they take care of. Patients like to see the same person over time, not get shuffled around to different people. It pays to retain providers and make them happy. No one listened to me when I tried to talk to about issues I was having. I was shut out and shut down. Practice managers are a dime a dozen, Providers are not.

Stay Away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Marana Health Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Helping the community with their healthcare needs.

Cons

Marana Health Center is a very neurotic work environment. The mid level management is very unqualified- several only possess high school diplomas and have little to no on the job training and yet make very good salaries and regarded superior to the providers. Higher level management is equally as bad with no clue as to what goes on in the satellite clinics. Communications are very poor within the organization and gossip is rampant. Most of the gossip is initiated by the managers themselves. Training is very inconsistent among the back office staff and expectations of job duties are as well. Medical Administrator is also clueless and talks down to her providers. I have personally witnessed office staff become insubordinate and disrespectful to primary care providers and nothing was done about it. The CEO is missing in action. Management truly believes that the high turn over rate is normal and in fact expected in this field. They are clueless as to the fact that they are the reason why. As soon as I find another job I will be gone too.

I would give them advice, however they are too narcissistic to listen or even care.

Poor experience here.....look elsewhere

I have been working at Marana Health Center

Pros

Caring for the patients.

There are some individuals within the organization who truly care.

Cons

Micromanagement and being supervised by an inexperienced and unprofessional team.

Physicians receive more PTO and twice the salary as the NPs and PAs yet there is no difference in patient load or acuity.

Little if any support for providers. Medical director does not engage or appear interested in provider development. She supports managers over providers. If you are a new grad you will be sorry.

High turnover of staff makes continuity difficult and keeps morale low.

Poor communications within the organization.

High pressure on medical providers to see as many patients as possible...then management wonders why providers burn out.

Tasks for medical assistants vary per clinic.

Compensation is poor for front office and medical assistants.

Value is placed highly on behavioral health but not as much on primary care.

Focus on retention rather than replacement of staff and providers. Happy people don't leave companies as quick as they do here. Stop micromanaging and allow your providers to have a voice and hire managers with experience and education to lead. Hire LPNs to oversee and develop your MAs.

do not work here in marana health center

I have been working at Marana Health Center

Pros

good working hours and ok environment

Cons

alot of drama within the organization