Maranatha Village

Very Divisive Environment

Former Employee - Dietary Department in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Dietary Department in Springfield, MO

I worked at Maranatha Village

Pros

It was a job, and I received a paycheck regularly. The duties were mind-numbingly simple, which is both a pro and con. My duties changed from time to time, allowing me a bit of relief from the mundane.

Cons

Inadequate management who fostered a hostility within the department. Constant gossip about other departments, workers, previous management, etc. There was no chance for mobility, as the job I was hired for essentially didn't exist because another manager was already training for that position. So there was no chance for me to get into management, as I had been told at my interview, and I was informed that they essentially wanted me for fill-in work. As with many companies, even the simplest task had to be approved by so many other people that it seemed the residents' needs were bogged down by the "chain of command."

Appreciate your nurses, and respect your residents, who have more sense than they are being credited as having. Stop the gossiping and embrace a more positive outlook. The environment is depressing enough without you adding to it.