Marble Slab Reviews

3.1
Ken Hall

1. Sales Associate

I have been working at Marble Slab part-time

Pros

Marble Slab Creamery has been here since 1983. Has been serving chef created, super-premium, hand-mixed ice cream. Every batch of Marble Slab Creamery ice cream is fresh made in small batches in the store using ingredients from around the world and dairy from local farms. Today, Marble Slab Creamery is enjoyed by consumers around the world; Bahrain, Canada, Guam, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.

Cons

slow at times. more work. less pay for work done.

2. Worst Job

I worked at Marble Slab

Pros

always allowed to take home free ice cream

Cons

Manager was rude and didn't give raises no matter how long you worked there

3. Extremely bad managment by owner

I worked at Marble Slab

Pros

Good Summer Job, but make sure the owner is not a lunatic. I worked with one who was paranoid, dishonest, and sneaky.

Cons

Employees were cheated out of money by owner shaving an hour here, an hour there off their worked hours. Most employees are kids, at their first job, who are vulnerable to this.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, trust them. Do not take advantage wherever you can, then act betrayed when people quit. Pay people what they are due, and worth, as the law states you should.

5. Choose wisely

I worked at Marble Slab part-time

Pros

Good hours, flexible shifts, work is relatively easy if you can memorize everything, not hard to satisfy most customers (it's ice cream, who can be upset about ice cream?) Pretty decent summer job.

Cons

Low pay, you often work by yourself which is 1) very stressful when you're trying to make ice cream, handle customers, and decorate cakes at the same time, and 2) dangerous if the store is located in a bad part of town. If one cent was missing it was your fault and not the computer's nor the credit card machine's error. The franchise owner was responsible for buying all of the machinery and mix-in ingredients, and often complained that the store "didn't have any money". If you're trying to pay for rent, bills, food, and school, it is impossible with this job.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to keep a better eye on all the stores and determine which ones can stay afloat and which ones are faltering. Management needs better training on how to effectively train and communicate with their employees.

6. Terrible Management.

I worked at Marble Slab part-time

Pros

-Family like atmosphere with employees. -Working with ice cream is fun -Got to decorate cupcakes

Cons

-Owner of the store took our tips to pay for discrepancies in the register -Awful Hours, had to work every single weekend. -Hard work, constantly on feet for minimum wage. -No free ice cream or anything for that matter -Owner asked me to go pick up his kids.. -Always had to stay late to finish the multitude of tasks we were asked to do.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and overbearing and treat your employees like actual people.

Love it

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Marble Slab part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice customers, easy work, flexible schedule, nice managers, friendly coworkers

Cons

no room for advancement, low pay, boring work days if there are no customers

8. Overworked, undervalued and underpaid.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY

I worked at Marble Slab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned lots of new things Free ice cream Nice Manager

Cons

Worked for free for a day of training for 5 and a half hours Overly particular and exacting about the presentation of decoration on cakes, cones etc. Gave me dirty uniform, gave me a large shirt without asking my size, I was expected to pay for it later Too many jobs to do, learn and be expected to perform During my interview the job description was poorly explained Dirty job, lots of cleaning required On call for a minimum wage job

Advice to Management

Pay your employees always. Especially since the owner was paid by the youth employment program. If I had known the work load involved I would have never agreed to free labour. At the end of a very difficult work day I came away feeling exhausted, my arm and hand hurt for days and I felt unappreciated. Please don`t ask anyone new to a job to have a shift longer then three hours, as it`s overwhelming. Also don`t try and teach a new employee everything all at once. It`s better to ease into a job and it`s easier to retain information if it`s repetitive and gradual. Thank you.

9. Experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Marble Slab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working with my co-workers. It is a fun and welcoming environment.

Cons

Management is not where it should be. Low pay is also very frustrating.

10. Cheap manual labor

Former Employee - Server in McDonough, GA
    Former Employee - Server in McDonough, GA

I worked at Marble Slab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends, "free" ice cream, tips, management not looking over shoulder all the time

Cons

Manager, Getting in trouble for "free" ice cream, low pay

11. Bad experience

Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Marble Slab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much training is needed.

Cons

Paid was bad. As a server, I worked hard and was very nice to customers. I was still in High School and got paid only the minimum wage. After sometime, I asked for a raise. I got it, all 25 cents per hour of it. A few days later, federal minimum wage went up. The hours are terrible.

Advice to Management

Reward hard work and don't treat employees with fairness.

RSS Feed </> Embed