Marc Jacobs International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bertrand Stalla-Bourdillon

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people with a lot of perks

Conshard to move up in company

Unappreciated intern worked hard for nothing

Sales & Merchandising Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood name to put on your resume. Sometimes they throw you Samples as a 'thank you'. Got to watch Marc work before a fashion show.

ConsNo one will learn your name even as you do their expense reports and get their coffee. Lots of sitting around doing nothing. No one cares to actually teach you anything other than how to hide in a closet and help models get dressed

Advice to Senior ManagementShow even a small amount to appreciation for interns. And acknowledgement even

The Fleeting Fleet

Temporary Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWorking on the corporate side, I was able to communicate and form relationships with individuals from every department. The transparency led to me mending bonds between departments and really standing out as an employee of value. The employee discount was a wonderful perk but I hear that even that is limited now.

ConsThe number of temporary/hourly workers outnumbered the permanent staff in a few departments- these individuals (myself included) and direct managers were delegated the work and responsibility of making executive decisions leaving VPs and upper management unaware of what was truly transpiring from day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire effective employees and cut down the temporary roster- individuals will be given more room to shine and more incentive to do so.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great perks

Prosincredibly generous clothing allowance
    relaxed, friendly work environment

Conslower end of salary brackets

great people to work with and very friendly environment. Great creative and interprenorial energy.

Prosyou can learn a lot since you are very independent in what you do. And it's very easy to get along with coworkers. Most of them are very nice and helpful

ConsIf you like a very structured/corporate environment, this is not a company for you. Here you need to be interprenorial and very indipendent.

Devil wears Prada.. Rather Devil wears Marc Jacobs.

ProsSample sales, after party, fashion show, name on resume, mostly very nice people for a fashion company

ConsNot appreciated, no prospect of full time after 1+ year of temping - not even a mention of a raise, long hours, strange allocation of money (pay your employees! They do the work that makes this company function), some tasks are incredibly demeaning on a basic human level, allocation of responsibility is incredibly unbalanced and junior level employees receive little to nothing. How are they able to grow and if nothing is given to them? Watching is NOT the same as doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your appreciate to your temps. You won't know how good you had it until we all leave.

amazing experience

Intern (Current Employee)

Prosa majority of the employees are (surprisingly) nice and humble
    the employees are understanding if you get sick
    interns learn a lot and do almost all the work that their supervisors do
    get to go to the show, the after party, sample sales, etc
    free dinner if you stay after 6
    free breakfast lunch and dinner if you work on the weekend
    free cab ride home no matter where you live if you stay after 9
    free gifts to thank you for your help

Consthe only interns who can intern without receiving school credit and get paid are the design interns
    the departments are extremely small and the employees are like a family so the chances of interns getting job offers are slim to none
    you have to work at least 10 hours a day
    after the show there is not that much work for the interns to do

Bad experience

Distribution - Global Warehouse (Former Employee)

ProsGood name to have on resume, good pay

ConsWill hire you on as a temp and tell you that after 90 days of work you will either be let go or made permanent-- well a year later I was still a temp working close to 50 hours a week. This wasn't just me either, I knew of at least 10 other people in the same boat.

Management had absolutely no clue what their employees were doing on a daily basis and would frequently throw each other under the bus to upper management when things weren't going well.

Management also gave up personally interviewing job candidates. I found this out when I was told to train a young lady who didn't speak more than a few words of English.

Speaking of training, there was none. I eventually found myself writing up training documents since I became responsible for training all of our new temps (ridiculously high turnover)

Employee recognition is not something that is written into the corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate actual training programs. Invest in your employees.

Mj dont want hire peopke full time

ProsThere was
    no pro's in working with mj . They dont treat their temps like regular employee

ConsSome of the discount that is the only conscat mj

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management dont know anything about the work

Fantastic company to work for, with a good vibe and genuine people.

Intern (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat people to work with in a casual and cool environment.

ConsNo pay or stipend for interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementA stipend for lunch would be a good compensation for unpaid interns.

Worked for Marc Jacobs International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marc Jacobs International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marc Jacobs International CEO Bertrand Stalla-Bourdillon. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Marc Jacobs International employees.