Marchon Eyewear

www.marchon.com

Marchon Eyewear Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Claudio Gottardi

Great company to get some work experience

ProsWorking environment is not too stressful, friendly stuff.

ConsDid not see any future in the company. If you have an internship there you will never get a full time offer. They tell you to apply to all open positions and that you will have an edge above other candidates because you already have company experience.

I worked at the Marchon NYC office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Discounts, Great Workers, Ok benefits

ConsUpper Management was not helpful, A lot of Micromanaging from coworkers. There was a high school vibe.

Poor

ProsRecently merged with VSP, new office in Melville

ConsPoor management, poor compensation and poor company values

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. I have more glasses than i know what to do with.

ConsBetter breaks would be nice. Especially in customer service.

i was mislead and let go

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosmake your own schedule in a way

Consthey lie about things

What a waste of good employees versus Management who cannot find there way out of a paperbag

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsSome really valuable people work there and able to discounts on frames

ConsOur department is ruled by intimidation and fear. Even the managers are afraid of our director and will lie to her just to cover themselves.HR policies like Fraternization is ignored by our director she has already brought in 5 employees that have kept there positions where other employees have been terminated for the same infraction. HR has been made aware and they completely ignore this. No room for advancement just a lot of broken promises. They are not advancing into the future because they are still stuck in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementVSP our corporate company needs to do a full investigation of the practices of Marchon Eyewear due to there inability to fix problems that are draining them financially. VSP HR needs to investigate Marchon's HR Dept for their lack of knowledge and professionalism. They also need to interview all Marchon office employees to understand why they feel upper management is failing.

good international fashion company on long island with a few downfalls

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melville, NY

Prosnice offices
    discounts on designer sunglasses
    summer fridays
    decent benefits
    good LI location
    casual work attire
    excellent trade shows

Consno training for new employees
    low pay
    not many holidays off
    no advancement opportunites
    corrupt hr system
    some upper management is downright horrible to thier employees and lack any skills at all.

Advice to Senior Managementlook at your upper management- just because someone has been with the company for a while doesn't make it right. Evaluate that the same complaints about the same person that come in year after year.

Great company to work for

ProsGreat company to work for, great benefits

ConsSlow moving for growth and/or advancement

A company on a downward spiral...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGood discounts on eyewear. Sales reps work from a home office. Ability to set ones own schedule.

ConsManagement is made up of a bunch of unqualified friends and family of other unqualified management individuals. Lots of backstabbing and gossip. Very little room for income growth or advancement in the company. The eyewear business in general is not growing, online business is killing the industry. Being paid on a 1099 without any benefits or expenses gets to be old hat fast. Marchon carries "b" brands which aren't the ones in demand.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some fresh new blood that is concerned about trying to grow the company and not take care of past their prime, lazy, spiteful employees.

Former Associate Planner

Associate Planner (Former Employee) Melville, NY

ProsGood discounts on designer frames.

ConsMarchon is one of the worst companies to work for due to the fact that, management is very rigid and rude to their employees. The management is very unprofessional and lack actual knowledge of the business, as well as, business ethics and how to manage a department. Very poor management skills and lack of guidance from upper management. It's not about your competency, it's all about being liked.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs extensive management training on how to run a department and manage people. The training should include Sensitivity training as well!

Worked for Marchon Eyewear? Contribute to the Community!