Marco Business Products

3.2

Jeff Gau

Great company

I have been working at Marco Business Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, culture, and family orientated mindset.

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains from company growth in last 5 years.

Make a lot of promises, but don't back them up.

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician  in  Sisseton, SD
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Sisseton, SD

I worked at Marco Business Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

Showed a lot of support towards the employees. Pay and benefits were pretty decent.

Cons

No training. Just throw you to the wolves and expect you to, well, I don't know what they expected exactly. They showed a lot of support but never really provided it. I worked on-site for a client and they would rather service the client with false promises then to provide the actual supported needed for both myself and the client. Expected you to work outside your title, which means uncompensated work. When the client treats you like crap the management doesn't do anything to fix the issue, unless firing you is the fix. Communication was very lacking. As someone else says, all they care about are numbers. And really, from the number of people leaving the company and the number of clients going elsewhere, I can't see how the numbers were really that good.

When you tell your employee that the contract with the client needs to be reiterated and that you will talk to that client about the role of the tech on-site, the role of the remote help desk, role of your VCIO, etc, you should back that up. There was a lot of talk, but not a lot of action. The goal should be to provide proper support to both the client and the tech, not worrying about the next sale.

It's redundant work but it's a door into the right direction.

I have been working at Marco Business Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

They encourage change and growth. Supervisors provided positive encouragement.

Cons

Lacking in compassion towards their employees. A few of us are always concerned when the next 'employee update' goes out, meaning, we feel replaceable on a daily basis.

You strive for team work which is awesome. But, Why do we as employees in 1st year feel so much anxiety towards being 'relieved from our duties'?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware!

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Marco Business Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company that's employee owned.

Cons

Numbers are the only thing that matter. Don't believe what they tell you. Office politics. Used parts. Expect people to work unpaid hours.

Keep your promises to employees. Take care of the customers when you buy out the next company.

3 months on call center

I have been working at Marco Business Products

Pros

Amazing supervisor and team work. I have changed jobs a lot due to poor supervisors and/or team work. At Marco I feel I can be me without being judged or persecuted.

Cons

Training for this position was null. I have great communication skills and basic MS and Networking knowledge however, Marco hasn't provided 'product' training opportunities. I had to be proactive in finding the training to train myself.

Provide resources for training/knowledge on the products 'we' support.

Couldn't be happier

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Marco Business Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee ownership, fun co-workers, great benefits, very good income potential

Cons

Haven't found any -- employee work satisfaction reviews are excellent

Working at Marco involves a friendly atmosphere, interesting work, and a decent pay for the cost of living in the area.

Current Employee - Office Assistant  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Marco Business Products

Pros

At Marco, the employees are very friendly. The company is employee owned, so there are opportunities for employee stock ownership after you have worked there for some period of time. The company is doing very well financially despite economic times, and is not planning on any layoffs (that I am aware of!) Due to the small number of employees, it is not uncommon to walk by the CEO, and have him greet you on any given day. Casual dress on Fridays. Fun Holiday party. Interesting industry. Fairly small company based in a city with roughly 50,000 people, so this is a perk if you are looking for this.

Cons

Seems hard to advance within the company.

Go more out of your way to include young employees that have recently been in college to hear what ideas they may have on how the company could improve, or to help solve problems when they come up. These employees have recently been learning about many of these issues in college courses and might have a very fresh perspective on the issues that arise.

Worked for Marco Business Products? Contribute to the Community!