Marco Business Products

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Gau

Great company

ProsGreat people, culture, and family orientated mindset.

ConsExperiencing some growing pains from company growth in last 5 years.

Make a lot of promises, but don't back them up.

Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) Sisseton, SD

ProsShowed a lot of support towards the employees. Pay and benefits were pretty decent.

ConsNo training. Just throw you to the wolves and expect you to, well, I don't know what they expected exactly. They showed a lot of support but never really provided it. I worked on-site for a client and they would rather service the client with false promises then to provide the actual supported needed for both myself and the client. Expected you to work outside your title, which means uncompensated work. When the client treats you like crap the management doesn't do anything to fix the issue, unless firing you is the fix. Communication was very lacking. As someone else says, all they care about are numbers. And really, from the number of people leaving the company and the number of clients going elsewhere, I can't see how the numbers were really that good.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you tell your employee that the contract with the client needs to be reiterated and that you will talk to that client about the role of the tech on-site, the role of the remote help desk, role of your VCIO, etc, you should back that up. There was a lot of talk, but not a lot of action. The goal should be to provide proper support to both the client and the tech, not worrying about the next sale.

It's redundant work but it's a door into the right direction.

ProsThey encourage change and growth. Supervisors provided positive encouragement.

ConsLacking in compassion towards their employees. A few of us are always concerned when the next 'employee update' goes out, meaning, we feel replaceable on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou strive for team work which is awesome. But, Why do we as employees in 1st year feel so much anxiety towards being 'relieved from our duties'?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware!

Tech (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company that's employee owned.

ConsNumbers are the only thing that matter. Don't believe what they tell you. Office politics. Used parts. Expect people to work unpaid hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your promises to employees. Take care of the customers when you buy out the next company.

3 months on call center

ProsAmazing supervisor and team work. I have changed jobs a lot due to poor supervisors and/or team work. At Marco I feel I can be me without being judged or persecuted.

ConsTraining for this position was null. I have great communication skills and basic MS and Networking knowledge however, Marco hasn't provided 'product' training opportunities. I had to be proactive in finding the training to train myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide resources for training/knowledge on the products 'we' support.

Couldn't be happier

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee ownership, fun co-workers, great benefits, very good income potential

ConsHaven't found any -- employee work satisfaction reviews are excellent

Working at Marco involves a friendly atmosphere, interesting work, and a decent pay for the cost of living in the area.

Office Assistant (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsAt Marco, the employees are very friendly. The company is employee owned, so there are opportunities for employee stock ownership after you have worked there for some period of time. The company is doing very well financially despite economic times, and is not planning on any layoffs (that I am aware of!) Due to the small number of employees, it is not uncommon to walk by the CEO, and have him greet you on any given day. Casual dress on Fridays. Fun Holiday party. Interesting industry. Fairly small company based in a city with roughly 50,000 people, so this is a perk if you are looking for this.

ConsSeems hard to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo more out of your way to include young employees that have recently been in college to hear what ideas they may have on how the company could improve, or to help solve problems when they come up. These employees have recently been learning about many of these issues in college courses and might have a very fresh perspective on the issues that arise.

Worked for Marco Business Products? Contribute to the Community!