Marco's Pizza

www.marcospizza.com

Marco's Pizza Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Marco's Pizza – Raleigh – “Marco”

Marco's Pizza President & CEO Jack Butorac

Jack Butorac

Busy, Few hours.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros50% discount, fast paced, you cant really hate pizza.

ConsOverstaffed, Few hours, Only worked rush, No set close time

Not the best to work at.

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

Pros50% off employee discount.

ConsEverything else possible. From random hours that fluctuate, no holiday pay (except for easter, thanksgiving, and christmas, but some stores arent even open on those days anyways) constantly being sent home early, too many drivers, not enough inside help. Sometimes understaffed because of the latter mentioned. Low pay. needs better advertisement.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better.

Hired w/ false pretenses

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company, free food, work with friends

ConsOnly hired for opening promised regular job didn't get anything.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lot's of Indiscretion leads to lots of gossip. No accountability from above.

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

ProsPerks: 50% off pizza and a very bad schedule. make sure to ask for a day off at least 4 months in advance.
    Also, as a manager, don't forget to take advantage of your power by receiving sexual favors or sending them explicit texts and photos. It's unlikely that you will be fired!
    Lot's of hours. Marco's likes to have a skeleton staff. They claim they only hire the best, but like everything else, management refuses to run the company liek a company. Everyone from GM and Executive level looks out for themselves.

ConsPromotions: Nonexistent. They claim to promote from within, and will even provide you with shift lead titles (with no raises) and from there your work load will triple. Pleas for raises are stonewalled by appealing to higher executives. it's never the manager saying no, it's always their manager that says no. No advancement. As a shift lead ,watch as managers are hired outside the company while you waste away. Any time you ask for a raise or promotion it's stonewalled. Management will never stick it's neck out for fear of getting it chopped off.

Even my termination was not from the GM. he sat silently while his boss said he talked to HIS boss and HIS boss decided to let me go.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the power talk and try some straight talk. Realize you are a pizza place and hire accordingly. And stop having sex with employees.

Freaking horrible!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsCoworkers and great.
    Have some really nice customers.

ConsManager takes my tips. Every credit card tip I get he takes at least 2 dollars out and puts it in his own pocket.
    Supposed to get 50% discount. Only get 30%
    Management gives away pizza to family and friends for free.
    Doesn't know how to take inventory, so we're constantly out of things. Almost ran out of cheese one time.
    No breaks. In any way shape or form.
    Never gives our paychecks on time. If we're supposed to get paid Friday we won't get them till Saturday or Sunday.
    Management doesn't know how to do the simplest of tasks. Like taking phone orders correctly.
    Rude to customers and staff.
    Constantly yelled at and berated for management's mistakes.
    Jips customers out of pizza.
    Management trains you to keep specials a secret, so they can get more money from the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the management for this store, and put someone in who's actually qualified for the job.

Starter job!!!!

Shift Lead (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat quality food, friendly staff, flexible schedule.

ConsOn your feet the entire time, lots of lifting various items, pay isn't the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire older more mature leaders, pay your leaders more, offer insurance.

Marco's Pizza IS HERE TO STAY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey train you and give you the tools you need to succeed and have advancement opportunities. Flexible hours (except for Friday/Saturday nights, but rewarded on those nights!). Management opportunities if desired. Fun, fast-paced environment with great staff and store managers.

ConsRestaurant hours. You have to be able to work nights and/or weekends. Can get a little crazy on Friday/Saturday nights, but that can also be part of the fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet corporate to all be on the same page. They all seem to have a different way of doing things.

Wow

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsDuring the summer, you make pretty good tips
    The people you work with tend to be friendly,

ConsThey only comp $2 for gas per trip out the door and raises aren't a real thing. you're either working at minimum wage or you're managing.
    My store's management team had no idea what they were doing and also accused me of skimming the drawers. It turned out to be a shift-manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour business is awesome! but tell your DM's to be more choosy when selecting GM's

A learning experience

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) West Bend, WI

ProsFast Money, room for advancement.

ConsEmployee concerns rarely taken into consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality is better than quantity

Great experience except during non football season

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Auburn, AL

Prosgood co-workers
    good hours during football season

Consminimum wage
    sucky hours after and before football season

Advice to Senior Managementoffer a pay raise after being their for over a year.

Worked for Marco's Pizza? Contribute to the Community!