Marcone Appliance Parts

Add Photos

Mitchell Markow

Not bad.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsIt's a good place to work because everyone is friendly.

ConsYou have to work here more than a year to get a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should base your pay based on education as well as experience. I have a BA and I'm making an entry level pay rate.

Great Company If Corporate would do what they say.

Sales (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat way to learn the industry and interact with customers.

ConsLies from management, Low wages,inconsistent inventory, bad management

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to offer an employee something then please do it. I had been with the company for several years and the only way I could ever get anything done is to threaten to quit.

Call Center is a Popularity Contest

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood Pay
    Discounts on appliances and appliance parts
    Nice customers
    Commission rate on sales was very nice
    Only have to maintain 89% availability--shocking to me because I have worked in three other call centers that were much more strict on that.

ConsInstead of hiring people full time, they hire them part time at 33-35 hrs per week so they do not have to pay for health benefits. No sick time either.
    Promotions based on sucking up and who you know, not your ability or knowledge of the work.
    Management would overreact to fluctuating numbers that are natural in call center environments.
    The parts we sold were so rediculously overpriced that customers would often laugh out loud, honestly thinking you were being humorous. In addition, you are pressured to upsell pointless items on every call like stainless steel wipes to squeeze an additonal $10 out of the already frustrated customer.
    Workstations rearranged monthly for ??
    Cisco phone system crashed frequently, and then we were all overloaded with work and frustrated.
    Warehouses don't have enough time or patience to handle stock checks that are required from the call center agents.
    Credit card processing would crash often as well, which frustrated customers a lot.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I cater to large accounts like Best Buy stores, Sears, etc. I manage their accounts doing all customer service for them.

Parts Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsLow stress environment, good hours, good pay, and great support from management.

ConsSometimes the Call Center gets loud and it's distracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has very good vision and really execute well. No need for advice.

Fair and easy going work atmosphere. New management is terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPerks like employee appreciation food days, parties and merchandise give aways. 401k health insurance.

ConsNew management shows favoritism to employees based on who is a kisses up to them. They fire people with the most knowledge, professionalism and experience just because they are on a power trip. No annual reviews and years without a rate increase, even though the company's profits are up each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it is not broken don't try to fix it. If you don't understand a process maybe it is your problem and not the process. You are to quick to dismiss long term employees and give too much power to people that have not proven themselves. Try being loyal to employees that are loyal to you.

Worked for Marcone Appliance Parts? Contribute to the Community!