Marcone Appliance Parts

Retail Sales Call Center, Hourly + commission

Current Employee - Retail Sales Call Center
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Call Center

I have been working at Marcone Appliance Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a good company to work for because it is a family like environment. Full-time with benefits. Everyone seems to care about the other employees and they throw nice employee get togethers.

Cons

They only hire for entry level positions and promote within the company based on stats, performance and seniority time working there. They do not recognize your degree or consider it until you've had at least a year experience working with the company. The starting salary is not nearly enough to live off if you are single, unless you want live check to check.

Please consider people who have a college degree to have a chance to be promoted much quicker or start out in a position based on their background and experience. (For example: I have a BS degree in business, I have plenty of experience in marketing, management and other corporate business skills). Educated people should be working in a position better equipped for their skills instead of having to "prove" that they should be considered based on stats. I myself feel under utilized. I don't use any of my business knowledge in my current retail sales position.

Great Company If Corporate would do what they say.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Marcone Appliance Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great way to learn the industry and interact with customers.

Cons

Lies from management, Low wages,inconsistent inventory, bad management

If you are going to offer an employee something then please do it. I had been with the company for several years and the only way I could ever get anything done is to threaten to quit.

Call Center is a Popularity Contest

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Marcone Appliance Parts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay
    Discounts on appliances and appliance parts
    Nice customers
    Commission rate on sales was very nice
    Only have to maintain 89% availability--shocking to me because I have worked in three other call centers that were much more strict on that.

Cons

Instead of hiring people full time, they hire them part time at 33-35 hrs per week so they do not have to pay for health benefits. No sick time either.
    Promotions based on sucking up and who you know, not your ability or knowledge of the work.
    Management would overreact to fluctuating numbers that are natural in call center environments.
    The parts we sold were so rediculously overpriced that customers would often laugh out loud, honestly thinking you were being humorous. In addition, you are pressured to upsell pointless items on every call like stainless steel wipes to squeeze an additonal $10 out of the already frustrated customer.
    Workstations rearranged monthly for ??
    Cisco phone system crashed frequently, and then we were all overloaded with work and frustrated.
    Warehouses don't have enough time or patience to handle stock checks that are required from the call center agents.
    Credit card processing would crash often as well, which frustrated customers a lot.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I cater to large accounts like Best Buy stores, Sears, etc. I manage their accounts doing all customer service for them.

Current Employee - Parts Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Marcone Appliance Parts

Pros

Low stress environment, good hours, good pay, and great support from management.

Cons

Sometimes the Call Center gets loud and it's distracting.

Management has very good vision and really execute well. No need for advice.

Fair and easy going work atmosphere. New management is terrible.

I worked at Marcone Appliance Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perks like employee appreciation food days, parties and merchandise give aways. 401k health insurance.

Cons

New management shows favoritism to employees based on who is a kisses up to them. They fire people with the most knowledge, professionalism and experience just because they are on a power trip. No annual reviews and years without a rate increase, even though the company's profits are up each year.

If it is not broken don't try to fix it. If you don't understand a process maybe it is your problem and not the process. You are to quick to dismiss long term employees and give too much power to people that have not proven themselves. Try being loyal to employees that are loyal to you.

Worked for Marcone Appliance Parts? Contribute to the Community!