Marcus Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marcus Corporation CEO and Director Gregory S. Marcus

Gregory S. Marcus

It was a very pleasant experience, they really care for their employees.

Hair Stylist (Current Employee)
Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Marcus Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsI have not started to work for them yet, but I know people who worked for them for many years and they say nothing but good things about them.

ConsLike in any larger corporation; when you need to have a problem resolved by upper management, be proactive and don't delay, present the problem to be resolved as soon as it manifests itself.
Sometimes upper management is involved in too many important projects and your problem may
be delayed in order to give priority to other more important ones. If you can, give them a good week before remind them about the pending unresolved issues. Once resolved the problem, be gracious
and thank all the parties that were involved in the resolution of your problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to be expeditious, efficient and considerate with the employees I suggest the following course of action:
1.Label and date the problem to be resolved and give a realistic estimated time of resolution to the person(s) involved.
2.If deadline can not be fulfilled because you had being extinguishing to many unexpected last moment fires, call the parties involved and apologize for not being able to comply with the original deadline and set up a new deadline manifesting your real concern about the problem and assuring a prompt and satisfying resolution for all the parties involved . This time around, be sure to deliver what you promised or you will loose credibility and respect from your employees.

Overall good company. Rare advancement

Corporate Office (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Marcus Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall family owned atmosphere. Great work/life balance

ConsHard to advance. No room for failure

Advice to Senior Managementreinvest in the entrepreneurial culture of company's early days.

In general good place to work

I have been working at Marcus Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInteresting variety of work, flexibility, hotel and theatre deals, good office location

Consnoncompetitive salaries, limited room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementStay competitive with the market - you attract good people but don't always keep them or keep them motivated because of this.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
New Berlin, WI

I worked at Marcus Corporation

ProsI enjoyed the atmosphere of this job more than anything. Great people and great management. Walking into a work that is very supportive is always a good feeling.

ConsWell it's a movie theater so your going to work some late nights and clean up other people's mess but for the most part, the cons are included in the job descripiton so it's not anything you don't know ahead of time. Working holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to control the level of high school drama between managers and staff. Other than that, keep creating magical movie memories.

Overall good experience

Madison, WI

I have been working at Marcus Corporation

ProsThey really encourage a positive attitude in all employees and it seems like they actually want their employees to be happy.

ConsThey sometimes have an attitude of being superior to other places, which can make employees feel pressure to act that way too.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all employees feel that they can talk to their managers openly, rather than feel intimidated by them.

Not a bad place

I have been working at Marcus Corporation

ProsThe job had many freedoms to it. Also, there was a cafeteria on site for free lunch or dinner during breaks.

ConsThe work schedule is not that great. Pretty much have to work every weekend and holiday, but what can you expect from the hospitality industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at the company is doing pretty well. They might want to increase the pay a bit and be selective of the people they hire.

Former HQ Employee - over 10 years service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marcus Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIn my case smaller corporation presented many opportunities to learn and hone skills that eventually enabled me to find a job in a larger corporation with opportunity for advancement and much better pay and benefits.

ConsWorkplace rules are not enforced equally. Senior/Upper management does not value the average worker and comments are made about why does the company need to provide benefits to the average, lower paid employee despite public comments that "employees are our greatest asset"..

Advice to Senior ManagementYou wouldn't be where you are without ALL of your employees.

Family company that moves very slowly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marcus Corporation for more than 3 years

ProsPace of work is reasonable

ConsDecisions are not made quickly and require approval at higher levels than should be required

If your not getting tips or not in corporate then your being used

Server (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Marcus Corporation part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe management more or less does not micromanage and has some good benefits. They do have a free cafeteria in most hotels which is really a great thing.

ConsThey don't pinch pennies but they do pinch nickels. They are very cheap and pay below average for most employees. They need to care more about their employees and try to help them in their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate is way to large for such a small company. Please remove unnecessary people and make it less top heavy and pay your average worker more.

Overall Positive

Bell Man (Current Employee)
Lake Geneva, WI

ProsHigh End Clienelle, good tips

ConsHours, pay was subpar at start

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing it

Worked for Marcus Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marcus Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marcus Corporation CEO Gregory S. Marcus. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Marcus Corporation employees.