Margaritaville

Updated July 2, 2014
Updated July 2, 2014
2.8

Dan Leonard

What a fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Executive Chef  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Margaritaville full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hourly supervisor and kitchen team!

Cons

General manager and AGM sat in the office for 8-10 hours a day and didn't manage the floor.

No ladders to climb

I have been working at Margaritaville full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned quite a bit about management while working as a supervisor in this job, and it's easy to hold a position once you've got it.

Cons

The company keeps managers and hourly staff around that can't handle their jobs, leading to no open spaces for anyone to move up... as well as undue stress and extra work put on the rest of the crew.

Good Experience

Current Employee - Bartender
    Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at Margaritaville full-time

Pros

This company provides a work and lifestyle that is comfortable and flexible. The benefits are good.

Cons

Little to no movement for advancement within the company. Unstable management leads to chaotic work environment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best restaurant have worked for but crazy and understaffed

Former Employee - Manager  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Manager in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Margaritaville full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*open to ideas and try new things
    *senior management know everyone's name in regular management and senior staff members not just numbers to company
    *willing to teach managers and staff new things
    * competitive company
    *recognizes success

Cons

mildly disorganized due to expanding too quickly
    chaotic at times

slow down but keep up the individuality of the styles of each venue and re-diversify the menus people dont really want to eat the same thing in every city that they go and retail (more location specific would make items sale faster stores might make sales goals each year then) of each location. I believe it will pay off in the long run loved the company and hope I see it for many more years to come.

Great place lots of potential

Former Employee - Casino Marketing  in  Bossier City, LA
    Former Employee - Casino Marketing in Bossier City, LA

I worked at Margaritaville full-time for less than a year

Pros

New to the area
    great benefits
    awesome potential

Cons

small place
    parking is not friendly
    most managers are rejects from other properties

Learn from your old mistakes.

Management is like Highschool

Former Employee - Server  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Margaritaville part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun At Work! Nice people

Cons

Management is more worried about who likes them or who they can sleep with than actually making employees happy on a professional level

Grow Up

Too bad

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager

I worked at Margaritaville full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has potential to be a good restaurant
    Pay is really high

Cons

Food is not good and corporate does not care. Insurance is terrible. Management is used as labor savers ( not in all locations)

Wish they would be themselves and not try to follow other restaurants leads.

Shame on you Margariaville Nashville

Current Employee - Multi-tasker  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Multi-tasker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Margaritaville full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool theme and venue. Could've be a fun place to work but I'm afraid we are too far gone. Most of guests are tourist, in once and then off to another Magaritaville when one is near by. Few local visitors. This is a good staff of servers. All very friendly with each other. I'm leaving as soon as I find my next serving position, though. Someplace with direction from managers, not where managers are non-existant. They stay in their third floor office and play on the computer or talk on the phone and basicly have disdain for the staff. This does'nt include kitchen mgt.

Cons

Bad, less than honest, deceitful, immature management. It is a mgt. click. We just lost our two best EMPLOEES, a manager and a supervisor with years of experience, both who loved this place and made it a better place for us to work, neither wanted to leave, they were run off on purpose, so that a hostess with zero management experience could be promoted. (Where is the corporate oversite?). Complaints are made but they fall on deaf ears and don't think there won't be retaliation by management for complaining. Our yearly company evaluations are a joke. Results come back negative but are twisted into thats just how us hourly employees think. 4 or 5 manager to run the infrequent events that we do have, while we might have a supervisor running around to see to the restaurant. Management, you do remember we have a restaurant, right?

Bring in real managers with experience, like the ones we lost, not cutesy managers who are more, much more, concerned with what they and their cohorts are wearing, where they're going to have lunch, (You work in a restaurant!!), when can they leave,(they always sneek out the side door), and why, why do you work at Margariaville if you hate the music!?!?!

No one here has any common sense, but they're very nice...

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Pensacola Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Bartender in Pensacola Beach, FL

I have been working at Margaritaville

Pros

Dpending on which part of the hotel you choose to work in, your shifts can range from 5-13 hours, so you can always get as many hours as you want. Guests are generally nice and happy since they're obviously on vacation. You get an awesome view of the beach throughout your entire shift. 40% employee discount.

Cons

Management turnover rate is the highest I've ever heard of. Open for 1 year and we've already had more than 10 managers. They change the menu options, prices, deals, rules, and anything else they can think of at least once a week and then don't tell anyone about it so you're constantly out of the loop on everything that goes on if you have more than 1 day off in a row.

Actually listen to the suggestions of the employess. It's our bar, we know what to do to make it the easiest for us to work behind. You guys just stare at us with a blank look anytime we start to make any sense about anything.

Hard work, nice reward

I have been working at Margaritaville

Pros

The hours were great throughout the summer, tips were great. Great people to work with.

Cons

Some serious issues in operations that negatively affect the work experience. High costs made guests angry with servers.

Management was working with the tools they had available, I believe that the food and beverage industry is a hard one to tackle.

Worked for Margaritaville? Contribute to the Community!