Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital

Reset
3.2
CEO

1. advancement in career

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great values, invested in employees, passionate people to work for, areas to move up in organization

Cons

not matching 401k anymore, expensive benefits

2. Overworked, no recognition, or accountability

Former Employee - Clinic Support Representative in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Clinic Support Representative in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone involved in patient care is truly passionate about what they do. The providers are very caring and professional, and the nurses are a joy to work with. Beautiful campus.

Cons

During my time there the clinic I was working at was being severely ignored. We would express our concerns and it would fall on deaf ears. Upper management does no evaluate or value good employees the way they should be. The off site offices are very small making it difficult for patients to get through doorways with wheelchairs, which is extremely embarrassing since this is a rehab facility.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to take a closer look at the leaders assigned at off site clinics. Are they meeting the clinics expectations? Are they making themselves available for questions, comments and concerns? Are they following through? Had many issues at an off site facility due to the fact out leader was never available and cancelled our meetings for other meetings, making us feel that we weren't important enough to be heard and voice our patients concern. Overall, just making sure the leaders don't bite off more than they can chew and then neglect some of the work.

3. Respect and decency for patients, a very low ceiling to move upward. for eemployees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time

Pros

Marianjoy has a lot of heart and everyone truly works hard to achieve their patients' goals in rehabilitation. Great cafeteria, beautiful campus and a pretty good pension plan.

Cons

Very difficult to move upward and onward in the career chain. Director levels are not given keys to their division, and moving to that level calls for at least 10+ years of experience.

Advice to Management

More encouragement towards employees with new ideas and new perspectives towards employees relations. Once in a while, a casual day would be nice too. :)

5. Under Appreciated and Overworked

I worked at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time

Pros

It really is a great facility, and I loved watching patients improve. I loved interacting with the patients, and most fellow employees. The housekeeping team is amazing, and they do an incredible job. MOST of the therapists are great too, but I really feel bad for some patients that get the lousy ones.

Cons

I was overwhelmed most of the time, and felt like I put in way more work than I was acknowledged for. Yes the patient transporters are the bottom of the totem pole, but I'd like to see how the place would run without them. Everyone everywhere is always watching and listening to every little thing you do and say, and are not shy to go tell on you for harmless things. Either that, or the boss talks to everyone he possibly can to come up with any little reason he can to get rid of you. Be prepared to not get your two legal 15 minute uninterrupted breaks, and be expected to clean if you sit for more than 2 minutes. Have to use the restroom? Good luck getting a chance. Someone is always trying to find you or ask you something. And if you're sitting somewhere waiting for a patient and someone sees you, most likely they will complain and say that you are not doing your job. Nobody hesitates to blame transport if anything goes wrong.

Advice to Management

Supervisor is incredibly rude and will only greet you because his boss told him to. He is biased, doesn't listen to what employee says, and clearly favors some employees more than others.

RCA ! - Wheaton, IL

Current Employee - RCA I in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - RCA I in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall MarianJoy is a good place to work. The plus is that employee benefits begin after 30 days.

Cons

When the census is low employees can expect being "called-off." Since their has been a lot of changed in healthcare, this happens more times than expected.

Advice to Management

Management needs to consider the financial well-being of the staff and allow for better raises and increased hours.

Very Positive

Current Employee - RN-stroke Unit in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - RN-stroke Unit in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital part-time

Pros

Great looking facility Team/collaboration encouraged Great coworkers

Cons

Specifically rehab only, no opportunity to change specialties Brain injury, stroke, ortho, and spinal cord injury

A great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from an Acute Care Hospital, I love the opportunity to see my patients' get better and return to their lives. Working in an acute hospital, my relationship with my patients was very brief, and I enjoy getting a chance to get to know my patients and see the progress they are making as they rehab their way back to recovery

Cons

Management should look at overall performance, not one time small events

Advice to Management

Senior management, should rely on floor managers, if they do not personally know the experience of the employee in question

As a patient in 1990, and a volunteer in the last 15 years, I give it a THUMBS UP!

Current Employee - Volunteer II East in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Volunteer II East in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital (More than 10 years)

Pros

How I see patients recover from such tragic things here, I think this place is sometimes a miracle work environment!

Cons

I would like to work at Marianjoy PT or FT in the right fit for me, yet I have not had the opportunity yet!

Advice to Management

Give ME a chance in a PT or FT, non-certified, pay position, and I know I could be an asset for Marianjoy!

Save yourself grief and do not work here.

Former Employee - Clerical in Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Clerical in Wheaton, IL

I worked at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lovely campus on the outside but awful on the inside.

Cons

Senior leadership keeps incompetent managers employed.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees working under incompetent managers protected by their Directors. Why keep a manager who scores dead last on the employee partnership survey for a second time?

From young to older orthotic to prosthesis to diabetic to left foot drop and research

Former Employee - Clinic Representative RMA, CMA in Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Clinic Representative RMA, CMA in Wheaton, IL

I worked at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A challenge A learning experence

Cons

I was just one for five physcians schedule, room, vitals remove afo`s and prosthesis casting plus order xrays and reschedule

Advice to Management

The clinic needs more than one medical assistant

RSS Feed </> Embed