Maricom Systems

www.maricom.com

Maricom Systems Reviews

3.5

Mike Lawrie

This company got me on the road to management and I couldn't be more thankful for the experience and opportunities.

Former Employee - IT Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Maricom Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company had multiple locations, all which were close by. They were family-oriented, well-run and I had the pleasure of working with very nice people. I also learned a lot of technology there.

Cons

Although I was hired as in-house IT support and management, we were still under contract by government agencies, so when a contract wqas lost, it made everyone a bit nervous.

Keep investing in more virtualization technologies.

Great learning potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Maricom Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

During my tenure, learned a significant amount of information, being in a smaller company where staff and management interact sometimes casually and/or professionially

Cons

Most of the employees at that time had not worked previously with major companies and it showed through their work and attitude. Definitely an environment to "watch your back"
    Alot of new management came from other similar companies and their vision/change management plan was not done well or received-that's when the environment started to decline