Maricopa Integrated Health System

Great Place to work.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved the patient population. Fellow staff like family. Salary and benefits very fair. Lots of opportunities to be involved in community events.

Cons

For the most part, the management and leadership of patient care areas very staff oriented and caring. Business office management cares only about dollar signs and not the staff they oversee.

Be more aware of staff needs, treating them more as assets to the system.

Rn

Current Employee - RN II  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - RN II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great level 1 trauma center for adult and children . Wonderful Burn Center. A great teaching center. The best part of my job is caring for our patient population.

Cons

Having to work, but if I didn't need the money I would still go there to take care of patients.

To heavy on management.

A great health system that feels like family

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good, ASRS retirement is vested after 5 years. People are GREAT! They work here because they care about people and helping those who need it most in our community. Everyone is treated with respect. The teaching aspect of the hospital pervades the environment and everyone is helpful and willing to take time out to educate, train and teach.

Cons

ASRS contribution is more than most 401/403k contributions. If you are counting every penny in your paycheck this can come as a big surprise.

Don't let good people go because of one bad apple. It was difficult to feel bullied by a Director who was an interim director and not feel like I had any safe recourse for action. HR is really about minimizing the risk to the company and lawsuits, not for the benefit of employees. As a Director there was no one else to go up the chain to without looking or feeling like I was immature. The new policy of making every RN have a Bachelors and Masters for certain positions is going to mean you lose valuable experience and nursing expertise for a superficial reason. This will ultimately hurt the morale, patient safety and employee satisfaction scores. Management is very short-sighted on this new policy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good people.

Cons

Public funding makes things a bit scary.

keep training us!

I learn a a lot sitting with different patients,

Former Employee - Patient Safety Attendant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Safety Attendant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Its was fun working there its was

Cons

Its was when i left the hospital

the management was okay when i left

Flexible and opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Administrative  in  North East Valley (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Administrative in North East Valley (New Zealand)

I worked at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great and everyone you meet will be like family

Cons

There is so much opportunity for growth, but you have to know someone to get somewhere. I saw so many people who even went to school to get their education where not even considered for certain positions.

I think it is important to understand that if an individual dedicates so much time to an organization and loves going to work each day enough to go back to school they deserve the an opportunity to be a candidate for a promotion even if another manager does not think so because sometimes it may be it is a personality issue with the manager and not the individual. This organizations has so many dedicated employees who don't miss a day of work even when their sick, but I don't think they are appreciated enough.

Great People, Great Mission. State of the art technology

I have been working at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to contribute to a great mission. Excellent staff development and a very positive work environment.

Cons

CEO not engaged in key decisions and business operations. CIO not at the executive table. Not all senior leaders share the same cultural beliefs.

Keep up the great work. Leverage the CIO as a business leader, not an order taker.

Great organization to work for.

Current Employee - Clinical Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinical Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Arizona retirement and HRA benifits.

Cons

Bad reputation as a county hospital.

Better communication.

Depends on Perspective

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Maricopa Integrated Health System

Pros

Huge opportunities for learning, large patient population, wide range of diversity with coworkers, Excellent care provided to patients, creative and innovative ways of providing necessary care.

Cons

If you don't fit in at first, you never will. Pay raises are not based on performance, and they are very rare.

Need more comprehensive employee evaluations.

certified nursing assistant

Current Employee - CNA  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CNA in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

positive environment, people friendly environment

Cons

hard to get noticed once you have obtained more education unless it is in nursing.

Worked for Maricopa Integrated Health System? Contribute to the Community!