Marimon Business Systems

Run.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Marimon Business Systems full-time

Pros

Great exposure to "what not to do" in B2B sales. You can sit back, relax, and watch the haggling begin. They don't sell based upon value and professionalism. So, you can really learn how to be a bottom feeder. Yes!

Cons

I had the worst managers on earth. Two of which, are now fired. I (and my prospects) experienced lying, belittlement, manipulation, and zero support from my sales manager. My manager would never show up to appointments. However, when he did it was emberessing to say the least. My personal favorite moments were when my manager would talk poorly about other reps in front of me. Not to be trumped by, the vp of sales turning a benevolent eye the entire time. It's a shame the owner does not get a handle on what is going on. Marimon in Houston is not like this. WAKE UP ANTHONY MARIMON ! How many more times can a branch post those kinds of sales before your manager is held accountable? That's what great about sales; numbers cant lie.

Show up before 9:30. Listen to your reps. The office barely had 12 people. Therefore, to not have an "open door" policy is a symptom of a lackadaiscaly, arrogant manager. (could he possibly be sleeping? Farmville?) Get reps laptops. Seriously? No laptops? Why? I know, because you hire people and babysit. Great reps don't need babysitters. They need a great leader.

Great Company except for the long hours

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Spring, TX

I worked at Marimon Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company. All business majors out of college need to go work here. It teach you the business from the ground. You will learn how to work hard and balance many different things.

Cons

Long hours washing cars in your Sunday's best outfits. Will mess up your ties shoes. No work life balance

Just make sure that you treat everyone with the same respect you would want to be treated. Don't Let you top Manager's go to free up payroll

"We could train monkeys to fix these machines!"

Former Employee - Technical Services Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Services Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Marimon Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pressure to actually fix anything.

Cons

training is all done prior to employment, because there is no training made available while there. The senior management are all 'too busy' to talk with anyone. Arrogance is the best descriptor of the management style of this company.

Learn a little humility. Every employee has something to contribute, if you would only learn to listen and communicate clearly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marimon lacks many things that a great company has.

I have been working at Marimon Business Systems

Pros

Decent compensation plan, employees are nice, office is nice, has a good product in industry terms

Cons

Not enough money - $2300/month base, no phone, no lap top, poor benefits, horrible training, horrible management, sink or swim from the start.

Discuss performance with your reps and educate them, not just "did you close anything". Also, get with the times,the world of sales has changed. It's not 1975 anymore.

Worked for Marimon Business Systems? Contribute to the Community!