Marimon Business Systems

Add Photos

Yolanda B. Marimon

Run.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat exposure to "what not to do" in B2B sales. You can sit back, relax, and watch the haggling begin. They don't sell based upon value and professionalism. So, you can really learn how to be a bottom feeder. Yes!

ConsI had the worst managers on earth. Two of which, are now fired. I (and my prospects) experienced lying, belittlement, manipulation, and zero support from my sales manager. My manager would never show up to appointments. However, when he did it was emberessing to say the least. My personal favorite moments were when my manager would talk poorly about other reps in front of me. Not to be trumped by, the vp of sales turning a benevolent eye the entire time. It's a shame the owner does not get a handle on what is going on. Marimon in Houston is not like this. WAKE UP ANTHONY MARIMON ! How many more times can a branch post those kinds of sales before your manager is held accountable? That's what great about sales; numbers cant lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow up before 9:30. Listen to your reps. The office barely had 12 people. Therefore, to not have an "open door" policy is a symptom of a lackadaiscaly, arrogant manager. (could he possibly be sleeping? Farmville?) Get reps laptops. Seriously? No laptops? Why? I know, because you hire people and babysit. Great reps don't need babysitters. They need a great leader.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company except for the long hours

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Spring, TX

ProsGreat company. All business majors out of college need to go work here. It teach you the business from the ground. You will learn how to work hard and balance many different things.

ConsLong hours washing cars in your Sunday's best outfits. Will mess up your ties shoes. No work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementJust make sure that you treat everyone with the same respect you would want to be treated. Don't Let you top Manager's go to free up payroll

"We could train monkeys to fix these machines!"

Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNo pressure to actually fix anything.

Constraining is all done prior to employment, because there is no training made available while there. The senior management are all 'too busy' to talk with anyone. Arrogance is the best descriptor of the management style of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn a little humility. Every employee has something to contribute, if you would only learn to listen and communicate clearly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marimon lacks many things that a great company has.

ProsDecent compensation plan, employees are nice, office is nice, has a good product in industry terms

ConsNot enough money - $2300/month base, no phone, no lap top, poor benefits, horrible training, horrible management, sink or swim from the start.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscuss performance with your reps and educate them, not just "did you close anything". Also, get with the times,the world of sales has changed. It's not 1975 anymore.

Worked for Marimon Business Systems? Contribute to the Community!