Marin Software Reviews

Reset
3.8
Marin Software Chief Executive Officer David A. Yovanno
David A. Yovanno

Pros
  • For a medium-sized company in the Bay Area, I would say their work-life balance is fairly decent (in 8 reviews)

• 75 per diem while traveling on business, stocked kitchens, and great benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Within senior management locally there isn't a good representation of operational staff and are dominated by sales (in 3 reviews)

• This really hurts our ability to deliver best in class service (in 2 reviews)

Bright People, Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Bright, knowledgeable, personable team members Top benefits Competitive salary Great location Thoughtful management Clear company mission/direction - makes it easy to find motivation and sense of urgency Primarily promotions happen from within Work-life balance that makes sense - first, take care of your family, loved ones and friends, then come to work ready to work I know my review sounds pretty glowing, but I just want to counter some of the negative sentiment... all too often review sites only generate negative content because displeased people are more willing to take the time to write. I personally have been working at Marin for quite some time now, have found great career growth and have thoroughly enjoyed my time working here.

Cons

Sometimes I see inter-departmental politics creep up... gross. The us-against-them attitude can be very poisonous and needs to be squashed before it takes root. We're all on the same team with the same mission! I'm tempted to write criticisms of other departments, but that's just not healthy :P

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Proper execution is about having the best people, and we've assembled an excellent team here. As long as we all continue to put egos aside, give credit where credit is due, and keep up the unified Team Marin mentality, great things will come...

Excellent company and great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Search Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Search Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experienced, caring management Growth opportunities within departments and into other team Fair compensation Perks and great benefits Top notch talent in most departments

Cons

New finance head cracking down on perks More scrutiny than previously

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Great company, some growing pains but on the right path

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great comradery -Great benefits -Great salaries -Employees love coming into work -Excellent work/life balance -Decently stocked kitchen -Incredible office views

Cons

-Some growing pains as workforce increases -Losing startup feel (good and bad) -Perks are decreasing as CFO tidy's ship -Communication between groups needs to be improved

5. An established company with the feel of a start-up environment, and great people to work with

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Marin are what make the company so great to work for. The hiring managers do a great job of hiring individuals that are not only qualified, but incredibly talented on a number of fronts. The management is better than anywhere else that I've worked previously, and for the most part the teams are well organized and cross-functional overall, with information flowing freely to and from each team member to help each other become more effective w/ their particular role.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and the market is maturing faster by the day. Marin has established itself as a market leader and would like to keep it that way in an increasingly fragmented and competitive space. This being said, as a company that's going through changes, it's difficult to minimize the "growing pains" experienced by employees. Keeping up with the face rate-of-change can be difficult for some.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Great sales job

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Marin Software (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, great culture, fun

Cons

none, it's a great job.

7. Pretty good company

Pros

young and energetic people, flexible work times

Cons

no lunch provided and.....nothing much

Growing company and a lot of opportunities

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Global company - 14 office across the world. Certain employees get to fly out to San Francisco for new hire training. They invest in their office spaces and employees - which means offices with great views in prime locations. Lots of cool perks like $75 per diem while traveling on business, stocked kitchens, and great benefits. Really cool offices and have a laid back atmosphere. Great training program and room to grow. Good work life balance. Rewarded for working hard. Fun events like sand volleyball leagues.

Cons

Competitive, they are known to fire people for underperforming (but that comes with any job). They do not match 401Ks. Parking can be expensive (but they pay for half of commuting and parking costs).

Nov 14, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you have enjoyed working with us thus far. Austin is definitely a very fun office to be part of.

9. Fast decisions - super people - going places

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really competitive salary for a now-public company. Super nice and unpretentious people, I've never worked with so many ego-less and selfless people. Great culture without being cult-like. Open conversations, little or no moaning, people get on with it.

Cons

No matching 401K is the only thing that others offer and Marin don't

Advice to Management

Stay lean and don't get too top-heavy. Feels just right as it is.

Jan 29, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you so much for sharing your experience here. Glad that everything is working out! =)

10. Lots of change as the company pursues a larger piece of the online puzzle than SEM.

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company consistently provides an excellent work life balance. Management is very approachable and willing to make changes. Benefits and policies are on par with a San Francisco startup. New products in display and social are keeping things interesting for staff and customers.

Cons

The company is very centered in its San Francisco office. Operational communication and transparency to the 14 other offices around the world could improve. While it isn't Marin's fault, being the only publicly traded SEM SAAS carries a heavy burden for our CEO and Board.

Advice to Management

Keep things changing and growing. A focus on growth is what will move the company forward and into what works best/

Mar 6, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for all that you do for our company! We’re excited about our recent acquisitions that allow us to provide a more robust platform for search, social, display and to provide cross channel ... More

11. Great company to work for

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, very accommodating, AMAZING views of the Bay Bridge

Cons

No cons as far as my experience

Mar 10, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for all that you do for our company! We love the view, too =)

RSS Feed </> Embed