Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

ProsVery understanding & team oriented environment. They will work with you if you need to have flexible time. Great employee benefits including mass transit vouchers, health, dental, 401k, pension, access to base facilities & discounts, easy to get promoted to permanent positions, every federal holiday off, consistent expectations, flexible environment. Despite pay freeze management tried to find other ways to reward hardwork.

Cons*Pay freeze
    *New technology deployed at the speed of government

Great work purpose but mired in complacency.

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSupporting active duty Marines and families in a lifestyle support role was very fulfilling work, and the organization is designed on this principle.

ConsI would have liked to have seen better cooperation from inter-office colleagues from other departments. I had most success coming at them with a "what can I do to make this easy for you to help me" attitude, but in reality I was the customer, and that should have been their more prevalent attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget who your customer is - the Marines, Sailors, families, commands and their staff representatives. Cross-train your employees so they understand more of the whole picture of business on the base.

Get in get out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

ProsGood training for initial contracts

Consin technically demanding jobs only Sgt and lower do the brunt of the work. and most get out. leadership are the ones that cant make it in the real world minus the few good leaders that do it for the right reasons but they are far and few inbetween

Advice to Senior Managementwork on retention of Marines that are extremely proficient in mos but might not be the best at the PT tests

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

ProsThe benefits that they offer are great and there are a lot of different classes and training opportunities to take advantage of to advance your own skills to prepare for promotions.

ConsThe division you work for may have a difficult time communicating with the other divisions within the same company. For this reason, work processes get repeated, wheels get reinvented, and responsibilities get dropped.

Advice to Senior ManagementMCCS should create an internet database of resources for all divisions to be able to post their own resources, engage in a discussion board, share project development work, etc. as other large organizations offer (Okinawa).

USMC - CLUB MANAGER

Club Manager (Current Employee) Oceanside, CA

ProsGood retirement plan, benifits, working conditions.

ConsPay increases are yearly only. Lots of paperwork for everything you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the managers do their jobs without mircomanaging them.

Good group of people to work with

Prosexcellent health care package, begins with 4 hours of vacation per pay period (every 2 weeks)
    liberal time off

Consno growth, cutting jobs, no pay increases for last 4 years and not looking for any in the next 5 years not even a cost of living increase so techinically we make less every year

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to lobby for us more and quit rolling us under the bus for things

Worked for Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton? Contribute to the Community!