Marinello Schools of Beauty Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Regional Admissions Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Admissions Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great school and programs. Owners and corporate management are awesome. Admissions teams are the best in the business led by the skipper Mike Selter.

Cons

Leaving for more money and not realizing what i was giving up. Not only was i very successful here i also made great business partners and was part of a great team.

Advice to Management

Go back to your old system, the new one encourage my move. Felt it was not needed as we were winning. Give admissions to admissions as some of your most loyal followers live in this department.

Good Company to work for

I have been working at Marinello Schools of Beauty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been employed at Marinello for almost 7 years and I am a dedicated employee striving to see our Marinello Students succeed. I am a trainer to the Educators whom I adore and I know that they work hard everyday. With all of the challenges we face we are supported by our amazing Boss, Ms. Yesenia Gutierrez who leads a great team and who also strives for success ! .

Cons

I truly believe we are following the vision and the mission everyday however again we are faced with many challenges trying to keep up with current technology. I AM ALSO A FIRM BELIEVER OF TRADITIONAL TEACHING ... Motivated and inspired by ones presence in the classroom !

Advice to Management

We are all on the right track. With dedication and teamwork I feel it is only a matter of time before we exceed our goals ! I absolutely love our company !

3. A great place to work no matter what other people might think!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Marinello Schools of Beauty full-time

Pros

This company does give a lot of opportunities to the people who really want to work and truly believe in the company's mission and values. If you work hard people recognize you and respect you. They are fair and they do treat you like family. They are not perfect but they are fair.

Cons

We need to keep up with technology and they are working on doing so. Also, we do need to get new ideas in some areas and stick to what is going well in others.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to keep their employees motivated. Remember that without their employees we are nothing. Some upper managers need to remember to treat people fairly and equally. I have seen other regions be successful and I love being part of those regions.

5. They make employees write good reviews

Pros

None, this place is crap and a total joke. I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here and that's sad

Cons

This company tries to get employees to write good reviews because they are so hated. Don't listen to the good reviews they are totally false, Marinello needs to stop trying and sell the company because the current owners are running it into the ground. Stop with the false yelp reviews and glass door, everyone hates you so deal with it

6. Good job, but not a career

Former Employee - Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty (More than a year)

Pros

Made great friends, learned a bit about the beauty industry.

Cons

If you can get in with the "in-crowd" employees then you're set for life! Obvious favoritism and rare opportunities for growth or salary increases. You never truly get a break and time off is next to impossible. The "customer is always right" mentality applied to both the students and customers who come in for services.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and start sticking up for your employees -- the happier your staff is, the more positive learning environment your students will have.

7. Worst Experience

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent. Great position for someone who has great sales experience and interpersonal skills.

Cons

Upper management is hardly involved and doesn't take time to develop and coach employees. High turn around rate. Lack of leadership skills from superiors. Stressful environment, and you're not set up for success. Not a positive working environment.

Advice to Management

Take time to coach and develop professional growth from employees. Work on leadership skills.

REGIONAL MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free services discount on products. Students come for good education and they are sold a lie. Educators want to teach and have passion to give back buy lack training from regional education mananger from their lack of management and training leadership skills.

Cons

Poor upper management leadership . Regional VPS lazy no campus present never available to regional or campus personal. Regional educational lack of leadership and mangerial skills or lack of being able to train campus educators . Promotion by who's butt you cover and kiss.

Advice to Management

Owners, Ceo and Cfo need to do drop in suprise campus visits with out your Regional VP know your comming to their campuses and really see how horrible the campuses look and lack of education students recive because lack of leadership from VPS and Regional teams. They know you are comming and make campus look and apear running correctly. Have round table with students and campus staff with out regional Vps and Regional team and really see why you have low enrollments in many campuses. Teachers who never teach curriculum or should I say were not correctly taught how to teach media centers or written. Every training is on practical .most regional work from home or campus offices never with staff or students to train or see what happening. Leave early or locked away in some office.

One of the worst...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty (More than a year)

Pros

Deeply discounted beauty services. Sadly, that's the only positive I can think of. The majority of the experience with Marinello is unpleasant.

Cons

Everything other than the deeply discounted beauty services--compensation, expectations from management, campus amenities/accommodations, some instructors--all of these areas were sub-par or unrealistic (management expectations).

Advice to Management

Overhaul the upper management and hire people who actually care about the integrity of the college and the future of this school. Many of the students are talented and deserve far better than what they receive.

Onesided..Very Sneaky

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Marinello Schools of Beauty (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice kits for the students

Cons

Curriculum changes almost as much as their staff.

Advice to Management

Respect ur staff...stop trying to do this "One Size Fits All"

Only the desperate should apply!!!!

Pros

Loved working with the students but that's about the only pro that I can give! Some of my co-workers were nice but sadly most were two-faced!

Cons

Horrible management from school director on up. You give your heart and soul and put everything you have into your job and then they kick you to the curb. They lie and play favorites and the "rules" only apply to certain employees. They are sinister and evil, evil people. I have never worked for a company that smiles in your face and then stabs you in the back! If you enjoy being betrayed, made to feel like garbage on a regular basis and like being scolded like a child, then I'm sure you'll get exactly this if you work for these monsters!

Advice to Management

You don't know what a good employee looks like if they hit you in the face!. You pick favorites and are blind to who really does a good job. Your ego's are so inflated and you are so blind to the fact that your schools are so poorly mismanaged. You don't care about anyone that isn't in your management circle. Unfortunately, your management isn't the ones making you the money. It's the workers who do and you'd be wise to open your eyes to that! They say karma will get you and I think it already has. Your schools are failing because you can't retain your students. Maybe if you kept the good employees, you wouldn't be facing a decline in business. When your doors are closed, please remember the little people who tried to warn you!

RSS Feed </> Embed