Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mario Tricoci

overall great experience, definitely not a long term career

I have been working at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa

ProsThe employees are great and overall a great learning experience. Dealing with clients on a high level customer service level and great experience with sales.

ConsThe pay is very low. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for one to grow.

Nothing followed by management

Nail Technician (Former Employee)
Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa full-time for less than a year

ProsWill not want anyone to get services here, they do as they want, not as you want

Conssee above and how they treat you the way they want, not how you want. Training is NOT GOOD.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed change in dept heads and upper staff.

Great company to work for, awesome energy from employees and guests.

I have been working at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa

ProsCompetitive pay, these salons have a fun, fast paced environment where employees really have a passion for what they do. Guests are loyal and are fun to interact with.

ConsBeing a fast paced environment and having to deal with unsatisfied clients can sometimes prove to be stressful but always worth the challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee complaints and communicate with them the actions being taken.

Worst experience. People are rude and unwilling to help you out,

I have been working at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa

ProsIt was always busy and exciting.

ConsLong hours for bad pay

You are the face of the company but they don't want to pay you

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa part-time for more than a year

Prosloved the discount, most of the people are fun & easy to be around, always something to do,

Conspay sucks for the work they want you to do, you must try EXTRA hard to get noticed if your not super skinny, its like being in high school all over on most days full of drama, some guest want your to baby them.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't talk behind peoples back or talk about them to other people when they can hear you.

worst place to work at

Color Assistant (Former Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa full-time for less than a year

Prosthis company is so overrated

ConsEVERYTHING.
this place SUCKS. I was hired as an assistant and lasted for barely three weeks. I already have a cosm license, but at this place they have you go through this year long training. But the catch is that it's not really a training, they just slave you around all day for minimum wage. I'd rather work at Mcdonalds, at least I won't be ordered around by wannabe divas, who are most likely high school drop outs with a very low IQ.
Do not get fooled by the prospect of making good money, it will take you years at this place to build a clientele. It's like a zoo in there, they have tons of stylists and colorists.
bottom line is, don't get fooled by the promises, you will basically get treated like everyone's butler.

Advice to Senior Managementassistants should be paid way more than minimum wage, especially when they are licensed

Part-Time GSR

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa part-time for more than a year

ProsGood discounts and fun atmosphere. Most of the stylists etc. are real fun to work with.

ConsDon't give raises. Some nights can be there hour plus past close.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople will leave the company if they don't get a raise in 2 years.

Color Assistant

Color Assistant (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa part-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt was a fast paced environment where there are great professionals that can teach you alot.

ConsWhen it was slow, they day dragged on.

Wonderful experience working for this company.

I have been working at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey offer lots of education for all of their staff. There are many opportunities to grow within the company, no matter what your position is. Very professional and always up to date on the latest trends.

ConsThere seems to be a high turnover rate within management. Fortunately, they seem to ween out the bad employees.

Terrible working environment

Colorist (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa full-time for less than a year

ProsThey give you a good discount on products and services.

ConsThe pay is terrible. Minimum wage to be treated like a slave all day long. The senior stylists/colorists think they are Gods and talk down and order around new employees. Very hostile working environment. The management never does anything about it! Once you're on the floor, it takes at least a year to get onto commission because unless you are a good sales person, you are going to be very low on the shuffle and NEVER get clientele. They make Mario Tricoci seem so upscale but the employees get paid nothing like they should. They charge very high for their services and the employees don't even get near half the commission. They expect you to always have new nice clothes, nice hair, perfect nails, everything when you're getting paid $8.25 an hour, making the same as someone who works at Mcdonalds!

Worked for Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa CEO Mario Tricoci. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa employees.