Marion, Montgomery Reviews

2.9

CEO

Great work environment and people

Former Employee - Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Marion, Montgomery

Pros

The culture is ethnically diverse, youthful, and quite relaxed.
    As an intern who assisted almost everyone in the firm at some point, I didn't notice much politicking at all.
    Everyone is treated with respect no matter what your position is.
    They have a lot of fun office activities around holidays.
    Everyone is always friendly, talkative, and generally in a good mood.

Cons

During certain parts of the year there were more interns than work to do.
    Because the environment is pretty social (and sometimes employees here are friends/neigbors/church members of the boss), I noticed that if certain people weren't as well-liked as others, they seemed to make no real advancement.

I don't have any! This is a great place to intern and be exposed to the marketing/ad/pr industry. Everyone that works here seems to love it.

Disorganized and lacking in a clear business style.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Marion, Montgomery

Pros

MMI was very understanding of my need for a work/life balance. They adjusted my schedule to allow me to miss rush hour and allowed me to leave as needed to take my son to the doctor. The pay was good, as were the benefits. I was given quite a bit of autonomy in managing my accounts, and they are committed to client service.

Cons

The management at MMI is not supportive in the least. Praise is rare, and more often they talk down to you and/or steal credit from you. Meetings are run like elementary school classes, and it is expected that employees will not be professional, so they are never treated like professionals. Although you're given quite a bit of autonomy, management will step into the middle of your project and change direction just for the sake of change. The creative work is also not held to the highest standards, and mediocre concepts were almost always considered good enough to send to clients. While I learned a fair amount at MMI, I was never proud that I worked there.

Treat your employees like professionals, and mentor them rather than talk down to them. Hire a creative director whose sole job it is to guide the creatives toward quality work. Be supportive of your employees--giving them respect will make them better and happier workers. Create a company people can be proud to work at. Oh, and make the building not look like an old storage facility inside. Very depressing.

Worked for Marion, Montgomery? Contribute to the Community!