Maritz Interactions Reviews

2 reviews filtered by
2.9
Jim Payne
1 Rating

1. Interactions could have been a contender.

Former Employee - Senior Producer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Maritz Interactions

Pros

The business unit has great coworkers. I enjoyed working with all my team members. We all come from various work background. This fact led to many creative thinking and idea generation. You learn a lot as result of working within and around different team members. Additionally, the work place has one of the best work-life balance environments I've experienced. The atmosphere was relaxed yet work still got done. As long as everyone was given a heads up, you could work from home. All teams were aware of their responsibilities and deliverables. Of course, some teams performed better than others. Good chemistry is not a given when assigned to teams despite the presence of good people.

Cons

Most business come from two to three clients, all from the same industry. This means in an economic downturn, there could be a lack of business, as seems to be the case right now. I've always thought that the BU relied to heavily on these customers. If the company tried to develop new business outside the industry, it was poorly communicated to me. Even before the recession, I've always felt that there was a lot of employee turnover. People just seem to have a sense of looking out for themselves professionally given the lack of business stability. This is coupled with the fact that many workers are contract/temporary employees.

Advice to Management

Expand services and expertise to stabilize the business unit.

2. "Performance Improvement"

I worked at Maritz Interactions

Pros

Lovely building with lots of light, convenient location, good educational reimbursement, lots of opportunities to learn the field, dedicated and skilled workers, made some good friends there.

Cons

1) At the time I was there, the salaries were not competitive to the area. (Unless you were in sales - see #4.)

2) It was impossible for me to achieve a promotion despite my qualifications and taking on multiple extra tasks beyond my job title.

3) The epic politics were worthy of a much bigger company.

4) Salespeople > non-sales personnel.

The only way I was ever able to achieve a promotion and a living wage was to get hired at another company in another industry.

Advice to Management

The company is feeling the effects of the economy as strongly as or worse than other companies in the area. Were I confident the company would survive and fill out its building again, I would recommend that management truly look at, and reward, the real contributors.