Maritz Research

www.maritzresearch.com

Maritz Research Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Maritz Research – “Maritz Research”

Michael Brereton

Pros
  • What I liked best about Maritz is its flexible hours(in 9 reviews)

• Might be able to work from home(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is pretty low and depending on who your project manager is, they may be demanding of your time(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management really out of touch with industry and the workforce(in 4 reviews)

Ok to work for

Project Director (Current Employee) Fenton, MO

ProsThe people (co workers) are great and fun to work with.

ConsPay sucks and it is very hard to get a promotion. Only very small merit raises give every 18 months.

Advice to Senior Managementpay you employees more.

As a call center interviewer is a job to get you by until you can find something better.

Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsCompensation starts off at $8 an hour; however, if you adhere to the call per hour rate then you will qualify to get a 25 cent raise, every 3 months and can make up to $10. Easy going job, individual oriented, and casual attire is prohibited. Great as a second job to bring in extra income.

ConsNo benefits, second shift job (hours of 4pm-12am), sometimes the dialer doesn't always last until 12 am so it's hard to make it a full-time job as far as income goes.

Supportive and Optimistic

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsMaritz is very supportive, listens to employee's input, and highly values each employee. Also very trusting with no supervision. They become a family, great atmosphere!

ConsTraining needs improvement. They are extremely focused on cost even if it's at the expense of quality. Pay could be a lot better for the amount of stress and work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to give constructive criticism... Sometimes we think we're doing a good job when you may not agree.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Profit Is the Only Focus

Senior Research Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsCoworkers are actually very caring people

ConsExecutive management is very much out of touch with reality. Years of siphoning profits without investing in people and technology have made this company obsolete. Company is now scrambling to forge partnerships to stay afloat. Communication is non-existent. COO from outside of St. Louis continues to press his self-serving agenda and will likely drive remaining talent to leave the company. No opportunity for career advancement unless your a friend of one of the few top executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to coworkers - please be polite when racing for the exit!

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsOffice is closed between Christmas and New Year's for full time workers as part of holiday schedule. Raises are fair in years they are given. Employees are knowledgeable and friendly. Business casual dress code and jeans can be worn on Fridays. They try to have a fun activity every couple months or so.

ConsTechnical training is more limited in recent years. Competition has been tough and there were layoffs in 2013.

A long, bitter disappointment

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsSome very fine people to work with. Clean, quiet office. Some flexibility on hours. Might be able to work from home. Pay better than expected.

ConsNot enough good people to work for. Management by whim. Insufficient training and supervision. A regular paycheck until something better comes along if they aren't cutting your hours. If you're at the top of the pay curve, you have a bulls-eye on your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementA bitter truth is better than a happy pretense.

Okay for temporary work, don't get sucked into staying long.

Data Entry (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsEasy work, might let you work from home, casual dress code

ConsHORRIBLE culture. Working there is like living through elementary school all over again. No trust from management to act like adults, which creates a great deal of resentment. No positive reinforcement about anything. Only feedback is negative. If you can let stuff like that roll off your shoulders, it's an okay job with a steady paycheck. But, if that stuff will get to you, you should run for the hills as it will infect your mind and make you miserable.

Little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers like the intelligent people they are -- quick looking down on them and trust them to know what they're doing. Reward people for wanting to take pride in their work and weed out the ones who don't.

Developer

Developer Analyst (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsGreat people on the floor.

ConsLow pay. Poor management. No career opportunities.

trimming the IT force

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood peers to work with -

Consdriven management, and poor system architecture

Advice to Senior Managementget good talent & pull in IT consulting firms to better architect the design.

Great place to work

ProsGreat place to work, fun working environment

ConsLack of internal movement, promotions and raises take time

Worked for Maritz Research? Contribute to the Community!