Maritz Research

www.maritzresearch.com

Maritz Research Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Maritz Research – “Maritz Research”

Michael Brereton

Pros
  • What I liked best about Maritz is its flexible hours(in 9 reviews)

• Might be able to work from home(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is pretty low and depending on who your project manager is, they may be demanding of your time(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management really out of touch with industry and the workforce(in 4 reviews)

It was a great working experience for work from home employment

At Home Tele-interviewer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMonthly contest allowed to win gift cards raises were fair. I got off to a rough start but they worked me. The work was super easy. Supervisors and Managers were above fair with their feedback. Unfortunately, I became ill and could not continue. Would be able to return but have since turned to other interest. Pay was weekly and always on time.

ConsThe only challenge was some work slow downs later in the month, so you would lose some income, sometimes there seemed to be other employees that would be able to work longer and not all the projects offered the same earnings potential. Some supervisors didn't always want to post the daily production so you didn't always see how you were doing

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide regular feedback, more production information on a daily basis. Since all calls are recorded when placing on disciplinary action provide the recording consistently everyone should be on the same page there.

Good people Great job Many opportunities

Consultant (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsFair compensation, Most Leadership very good,

ConsShort term contracts, lack of Benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer Benefits and Retirement to Contract employees

Got In and Quickly Got Out - Company is Imploding

Project Director (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsCompany closes for year end holidays

ConsSenior management very out of touch with the state of this business. So much emphasis is placed on cutting cost that projects suffer, people suffer and clients suffer. Technology is not a focus at this company and people are definitely not a focus. Good luck getting a raise, promotion, or training. To boost morale the best you can expect is... a jeans day.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company... hopefully someone who cares will buy it and replace the poor decision makers there today

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

easy job to do and fun

Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsYou choose your own schedule

ConsYou will be stock to a PC all the time your there

Advice to Senior Managementmake it easier for employees to take a 2 minute bathroom breaks :)

Poor Leadership Pushing this Company to the Brink...

Developer Analyst (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

Pros1. Frontline employees care about their work and clients

Cons1. Very poor communication from the top
    2. Pay is below market and there seems to always be an excuse for no pay raises
    3. Much of the talent has been asked to leave or is too busy creating their resumes so they can leave
    4. Company does not value technology
    5. Workers are treated as a disposable commodity
    6. Company sells motivation solutions and ironically employee morale here is horrible
    7. It would be nice to talk to the decision makers here but I have been told they "work from their vacation homes in Florida and rarely come into the office"
    8. Consistently employees are told "no more layoffs" yet they are never ending
    9. Junior level employees are now expected to perform Sr. level duties without any training or compensation
    10. Raises and promotions are unheard of here - instead you get excuse after excuse after excuse

Advice to Senior ManagementSteve Maritz needs to get engaged and replace the executives driving this company into the ground. If not, I give this company less than a year to survive. Speak the truth and stop the propaganda - even the most junior person no longer trusts the CEO or COO. How about get rid of the decision makers and not the doers?

Company Lacks Leadership, Direction, Comminication, Strategy,...

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsCoworkers are very nice people... Unfortunately they are all looking to leave the company.

Cons- zero communication, if any is provided, it is propaganda and/or misdirection
    - pay is low, healthcare benefits are weak and high healthcare costs
    - any talent has been asked to leave or they are looking for other jobs outside of company
    - constant reorganizing - most do not know who their boss is or have an understanding of org structure. So getting a raise or promotion is almost impossible
    - very behind in technology which causes many clients to look to other suppliers
    - executives who are setting failed strategy after failed strategy are never asked to leave

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the greed mentality and bring a culture of people, trust and integrity back to the company. Invest in your people and technology. Maybe bring in a few executives who have an MBA and understand business instead of maintaing executives who create great business cases for what not to do.

Going in the direction of a sweatshop

Senior Project Director (Current Employee) Fenton, MO

ProsThe company is well-respected, the clients are solid mostly Fortune 500 (which matters because we'll always get paid), and there's a lot of diversity in people and jobs across the company so there are many places to move to and develop your career, and Maritz looks realy good on a resume. There's a strong team culture and you know your team has your back and you have theirs. The work-life balance is pretty good, manager are good about flexible hours so long as you don't abuse them, and this is something the younger employees really have to watch because the worst thing you can do in your first year is work from home three days a week. You have to expect some late nights and occasional weekends. We do a lot of long-term projects so you may travel once or twice a year for your project.

ConsThe pay is everyone's top complaint - we pay low for our industry, and we're in a low-paying industry. The company has been dumping more and more of the health care costs on us and the pay increases, when we get them, don't keep up. People leave for more pay going to the "client side" and sometimes come back because they want a less crazy schedule. Who replaces them are often a lot younger, right out of college, and they don't know squat. It slows the whole team down and limits what we can do.

Communication is really poor. Last year there were recently a lot of changes and management did a really awful job of communicating them. You'd come in on Monday and see that an office is empty, and a lot of people left because they just didn't feel safe. That made it much harder than it had to be.

Our technology always seems behind. The grades we get from clients on our end of year feedback is always low for technology. I think we just can't keep the IT people, which is strange because we were one of teh best places to work in IT like 10 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you want to keep more of us? Talk to us honestly and pay us more! For a long time the annual meetings had a goal of "we're aiming for double-digit revenue growth!" and that's just not realistic. It's not even a good goal. Give us better tools and set up some standard training. I hate hate hate training recent college grads in things like powerpoint, word and excel. That's not my job!

Senior Leaders out of touch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance. Flexible workplace, not a clock watching company.

ConsSenior management really out of touch with industry and the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth and they will stay. Stop setting unrealistic goals, and then using that as an excuse for layoffs and no raises.

Unless you work upstairs you feel unappreciated and invisible.

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsYou can set your own schedule.

ConsUnless you work upstairs, raises are very small. No perks. Not valued at all. After working there for a long time you are still considered a flexible part time person even though you work full time. Hours however were cut to 28 after the new healthcare law.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees equal.

Quick interview process

Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee) Kirksville, MO

ProsNeed easy money. Perfect for students who need to the work the evening and weekend shifts. Allow you to get a pay raise if you consistently meet the quota. Tey also give employees a raise if they never take a day off during their work schedule.

ConsIt gets tiring to keep saying the same things agin and again. And there can be a lot of mean and unnecessary responses. If you are not a customer friendly person, do not take this job. You hae to be a people person to thrive here.

Worked for Maritz Research? Contribute to the Community!