Maritz Research Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

2.5

Michael Brereton

Pros
  • What I liked best about Maritz is its flexible hours (in 9 reviews)

• Might be able to work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is pretty low and depending on who your project manager is, they may be demanding of your time (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management really out of touch with industry and the workforce (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Generally Fulfilling

Current Employee - Information Technology Analyst  in  Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Information Technology Analyst in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are what brought me back day after day. Most everyone below upper management really tends to stick together.

Cons

Upper management does not appear to listen to the voices of those in the trenches every day. Training budget could be improved.

Listen to the opinions/thoughts of employees and consider their ideas/feedback.

Low salary, decent job

Former Employee - Project Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Project Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Maritz Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-people
    -good atmosphere
    -rewards system is a good system

Cons

-low pay
    -poor advancement
    -management jumps around
    -long working hours

consistency

Once promising employer now caught up in corporate greed.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The working people are great. People do pull together to get things done even in tough circumstances.
    Too bad many are leaving.

Cons

Poor senior management making decisions based solely on the bottom line. Zero innovation or internal investments. Relying on "partners" to get the work done and squeezing out opportunities in the states.

Honesty and transparency. We understand that times get tough, but be honest with the rank and file.
    Announcing layoffs and then waiting two months to pull the trigger does not make anyone comfortable and erodes morale. Unrealistic goals year after year do not help.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, flexible schedule and I do no feel micro-managed

Cons

Leadership is not always as transparent about serious matters or the state of the business. There isn't any support for newer employees.

Be more open with your employees about what is really going within the company.

It was a great working experience for work from home employment

Former Employee - At Home Tele-interviewer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - At Home Tele-interviewer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Maritz Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

Monthly contest allowed to win gift cards raises were fair. I got off to a rough start but they worked me. The work was super easy. Supervisors and Managers were above fair with their feedback. Unfortunately, I became ill and could not continue. Would be able to return but have since turned to other interest. Pay was weekly and always on time.

Cons

The only challenge was some work slow downs later in the month, so you would lose some income, sometimes there seemed to be other employees that would be able to work longer and not all the projects offered the same earnings potential. Some supervisors didn't always want to post the daily production so you didn't always see how you were doing

Provide regular feedback, more production information on a daily basis. Since all calls are recorded when placing on disciplinary action provide the recording consistently everyone should be on the same page there.

Good people Great job Many opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair compensation, Most Leadership very good,

Cons

Short term contracts, lack of Benefits

Offer Benefits and Retirement to Contract employees

Initially a great job but now it is horrible

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

With all the people leaving I have extra space to stretch out

Cons

- morale is very bad. everyone seems to hate their job and the company which makes it difficult to show up for work.
    - loooooong working hours. they say you only have to work 37.5 hours a week but you are expected to put in 60 or more. when all your work is being done in India they want you to have conference calls at all hours of the night on YOUR cell phone!
    - with so many people leaving you are handed more and more work and there is no chance of getting a pay raise.
    - company centers around a group of males who are all friends and support one anothers' decisions despite sooo many failures and loss of business.
    - you are told so many lies that you do not know who to believe so you trust no one.
    - seems like older workers are always targeted for layoffs.
    - impossible to keep our good IT people when everything is being sent to India
    - healthcare coverage is very poor and expensive

recognize you are the problem and leave.

The company is sinking fast

Current Employee - Analyst-Developer  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst-Developer in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are great people who work at Maritz who really care about their clients.

Cons

Upper management at Maritz Research has decided to offshore as many jobs as possible to prop-up profits. There is poor communication between employees and management. Employee morale is suffering. The company has been aggressively replacing all in-house IT employees with offshore developers. Most of the talented IT employees who were not initially laid off have left the company. The remaining IT employees are overworked and are actively looking for new employment.

You have traded loyal employees who cared about the company and their jobs, for contractors who do not have a vested interest in the success of the company.

Good luck

A very disappointing journey

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of my coworkers are very nice people

Cons

Company has really lost sight of its clients. All programming is being quickly pushed offshore so coworkers are forced to train their replacements. This has created major quality issues both internal and external not to mention destroying morale. Most excellent programmers have been let go. Some new programmers have been hired but management has no plans to keep them long term. Morale here is horrible! Management has been caught in so many lies that no one trusts them which has created a toxic workplace. They recently sent out a survey asking for employee feedback but very few of us will fill it out for fear of retribution. I agree with some of the other comments regarding pay and promotions - you will never see either. Company is quick to reduce your pay and change your title so you end up earning less.

Be honest with us and maybe show you value us. STOP having town hall meetings and saying you want to hear our voice and then sit and preach to us for an hour and half while we get to say nothing. STOP telling us how hard it is on you. Really! We all see the fancy cars you drive, the million dollar homes you go home to and the vacations you take.

Greed and More Greed

Current Employee - Service Delivery Lead  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Lead in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like another review mentioned... best perk is the time off at the end of the year. Trust me you will earn this time off with all the extra hours you put in!

Cons

The company has become all about the old guard. You dare not speak up with new ideas or challenge to do things differently or better. Company continues to lose business and the leaders here talk a big game of change but nothing changes. Unless you are a golf buddy or someone who cannot think for yourself there is zero chance of a promotion here. And if you think you might you might get a pay raise.. you have better odds at winnng the lottery. Like other reviews have mentioned there is no innovation, investment in people or use of technology. Everyone seems to be looking to leave.

Like many others I have come to the conclusion that only Steve Maritz can fix this company by gutting the current management team. Unfortunately I do not see this happening so I better get going on my resume.

Worked for Maritz Research? Contribute to the Community!