Maritz Research Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Michael Brereton

Pros
  • The people are some of the best you'll find anywhere; flexible hours; a good company for people with families (in 12 reviews)

• Might be able to work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not appear to listen to the voices of those in the trenches every day (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management very out of touch with the state of this business (in 6 reviews)

1. It's boring. And promotion is based on favoritism not really experience or performance

Current Employee - Interviewer in Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Maritz Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay with quarterly raises. Make your own schedule. Can be on my laptop while working. People are really nice.

Cons

Very boring, rigid requirements so have good standing. Did I mention how boring it is? I HAVE to be on my laptop in order to make it through the day.

Advice to Management

Advance people based on experience and performance. There is no reason why some one who has only been working for 1 month should be promoted to supervise monitor people who have been working for years.

2. Enormous turnover

Former Employee - Caller in Kirksville, MO
    Former Employee - Caller in Kirksville, MO

I worked at Maritz Research

Pros

Easy work, only need to be able to speak English well and follow their script. Staff is really friendly. Training is paid! Environment is comfortable enough. Lots of people do word puzzles or coloring books while on the phone.

Cons

Mind-numbingly dull - no room to really interact with coworkers. People can be really irritated when you call them. You're required to work certain shifts which is frustrating and limiting. Doing 8 hours of 45 second surveys in a day can mess with you after a while.

Advice to Management

The nature of the job is what it is - the management is generally easy to work with and very understanding. Some shift supervisors make it a better job than others.

3. interviewer

Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Maritz Research part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly people, always busy, got to speak with people all over the country.

Cons

There were no benefits.flexible schedule.

Advice to Management

More company moral for employees to be happy and successful.

Flexible job

Former Employee - Assigner
    Former Employee - Assigner

I worked at Maritz Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

job flexible, independent work, paid thirty minute breaks, nice people, nice supervisors. Coworkers were nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

The work flow. One month it is very very busy, then the next month there is no work.

6. Flexible timing

I have been working at Maritz Research full-time

Pros

Senior management has great attitude and treat people well.

Cons

Salary not up to market standards

7. Account Manager

I worked at Maritz Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture was hard to beat compared to almost any other place I've worked in my career. The management team set a great tone in the way everyone was treated.

Cons

The company just isn't what it used to be as far as I'm concerned - hadn't kept up with the changes in technology that had swept the industry, tried to rely on internal IT resources to basically turn itself into a software company. Thus, the merger with Allegiance probably made a lot of sense for the future survival of the company. I left before this merger took place.

Advice to Management

I understand that the old Maritz Research management team has mostly left or been placed in lesser important roles and that the new management team is from Allegiance. I've heard mixed things about the new Allegiance management teams who are now running the combined company.

8. Good experience overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

I worked at Maritz Research full-time

Pros

Great co-workers who support one another. There are some really good people there. Company willing to change it's business model with recent merger. Time off between Christmas and New Years.

Cons

Company recently merged and it will take time to see what it means for employees. Career paths can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Ensure new change and focus is not just a message for clients but positive change reaches employees at all levels.

The end of the month is very slow....

I have been working at Maritz Research

Pros

You can make your own hours and can keep the same schedule week after week. If you have to switch a day it's no problem. The supervisors seem very helpful.

Cons

Part-time work only, about 25 hours a week. The pay base is minimum wage in your state. Usually by the end of the month your hours end up being cut. I don't agree with the calling up to 9 pm at night - that's just too late but, by law, they are allowed to do this. You are monitored every week and get an evaluation by email. Also, on those end of the month days, you don't know until a half hour before your shift starts IF you are off. That means you've set aside a whole day then find out you don't have to work. Lately they have been having a lot of problems with their dialer and you might spend a lot of time sitting and waiting for that e-mail to tell you to log back on. No benefits.

Advice to Management

Why not have earlier calling hours? I realize that you are headquartered in CA and I guess management doesn't want to have to schedule west coast people (supervisory mgmt) to be up that early. Jeez, if you work in retail - you have to be at work at 6 or 7 in the morning - why not you guys? This would allow us east coast employees to call earlier and be done with our day! Also - how about letting us know earlier - like maybe the evening before or the *morning* of a day where you've decided to cut us for the day?

Worst part time home based job that I ever had.

Former Employee - Work From Home Phone Interviewer
    Former Employee - Work From Home Phone Interviewer

I worked at Maritz Research

Pros

Working from home. It was nice working from the comfort of home.

Cons

You had to be glued to your seat on the phone at all times. You could not get up and go to the bathroom or drink water after finishing a survey. The management is very strict about following the script. The dialer did not work properly half of the time. The supervisors over schedule on some surveys and under schedule on others. They also wait until the last half hour to email the schedules. You also get very nasty customers or respondents who will curse at you for no reason. I had to call on a lot of customers in the south and they get really nasty and irate if you call past 8 pm. I guess people down south go to bed really early. I also thought that the training was poor. When I first started, they told me that I did not need to purchase a headset phone, they would send one to me. Well, they send out the headsets late. The 1st day that I took calls, I had to use my regular land line phone, which is a trim-line style. I had to hold the receiver in my hands and type at the same time. They should have sent me a phone a week before I actually started, since I told them that I did not have a headset style phone. The management at this company is very inept and incompetent. During the training, they try to cram everything in one long 8 hour session. I think the training should have been broken up into two 4 hour sessions.

Advice to Management

Get better management, fix the dialer system, and be more organized when it comes to scheduling callers. They need to revamp the training and allow home based callers to work 15 hours minimum instead of 20 hours.

Terrible company to work for. Bad management.

I worked at Maritz Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home part time, evening hours. Able to make your own schedule so long as you work the 20 hour minimum, with 4 hours on Saturday.

Cons

Terrible management, awful training, phone dialer doesn't work most of the time. I worked for maritz as a home based phone interviewer. The phone dialer would slow down and stop working. It is very hard to get any time off unless you beg for it. The management team sucks. They would over schedule on some surveys and under schedule on others. At the end of the month when the call volume was low, you had to wait until the last minute to know if you were still scheduled to call or scheduled off. The supervisors email the schedules out at the last minute. You had to follow the survey script exactly or you would get penalized for going off script. You could not even say anything positive to the customer, like "that's great", etc. I got written up several times for saying something positive to the customer while doing a survey. You also get a lot of very nasty respondents, some of them will cuss you out and say vulgar things to you. I will never work at such a company again.

Advice to Management

Get better quality superviosrs and have better training for the phone interviewers. Allow the work from home interviewers to schedule 15 hours instead of 20 hours. Many people have other jobs. Training should be spread out over a 2 day period and not crammed into one 8 hour session. Give better incentives for good interviewers instead of those lame gift cards.

RSS Feed </> Embed