Maritz Reviews

72 reviews filtered by
3.2
Maritz Chairman and CEO Steve Maritz
Steve Maritz

Pros
  • Family friendly environment with a good work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• I worked with some nice people, I think that is the most positive thing I can say (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Total lack of communication/direction from Upper management on where the company is going (in 5 reviews)

• Maritz' basic business model has not changed during the past 30 years (in 3 reviews)

1. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

The culture is awesome and relaxed. Employees are treated very well and the pay is good. Employee incentives are great and they give you a lot of time off including a week off for the Christmas break.

Cons

So far no cons to share.

Invest more in employees and offer more training.

Time to go..........

I have been working at Maritz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People you work with and some of the ones you work for. Flexible scheduling and at least for me, family focused.

Cons

Overworked and under appreciated. We're a motivation company for other external organizations, yet we can't seem to motivate our own employees. You would think that a company with that background would be able to help themselves. We're a research company too, but most of the surveys that we are asked to fill out - employee surveys, etc. - are ran by outside organizations. We can't run our own research. To much emphasis on change and not enough emphasis on the employee. Loosing all the long tenured employees, bringing in the less experienced, so to most it seems that's it's just about the money and no longer about the people. Good luck with that kind of thinking.

None, because it doesn't matter what we say, as we've already said it and it appears that you weren't listening.

3. Maritz is a great employer

Current Employee - Facilitator
    Current Employee - Facilitator

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

Fellow employees are talented, friendly, supportive, team-focused
    Pay is great but no benefits
    Mileage and expenses covered which means a lot

Cons

The structure of the position changed two years ago.....is more of a contract to contract based position now which means downtime (unpaid) between assignments

The culture and job duties are great. I enjoy working here very much. Sometimes I feel that those who have been with the company but are less skilled have the full-time positions vs newer employees with more talent potential

5. Maritz is a great company to work for that provides excellent dealership support

Current Employee - Facilitator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Maritz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, energetic, motivated co-workers. Engaged supervisors

Cons

The work is currently contract based for facilitators so there is a time lag between assignements

Company is Seriously Spinning Out of Control - - -

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people I work with on projects are great people and they work hard (too hard). Onsite cafeteria makes it easy to quickly grab lunch and continue working. Empty campus setting makes it easy to find a quiet spot.

Cons

Where to begin...
    1. Our last perk was just taken away from us - the week shutdown at year's end. Being overworked all year this one last bright spot.
    2. Executives are soooo out of touch with the state of businesses and their clients
    3. Maritz research now MaritzCX is a complete disaster. New CEO comes out speaking of a new era of transparency and honesty only to now cower and avoid tough questions and speak down to people. Amazing how fast one can be corrupted.
    4. Layoffs are never ending. Remaining employees are so overworked. 70 hours a week is not right!
    5. Clients who once loved us now cannot stand us. Last client asked me "How could you go from my best service provider to my worst in such a short time?"
    6. Laid off Martiz employees are now showing up on client accounts - not good for future biz or for keeping my current biz
    7. There is no trust at this place. The lies told are so preposterous
    8. If a project takes 5 people and you lay off 3 and not replace them, the remaining 2 workers are expected to "just do the work" and put in the extra time.
    9. Employees are treated like robots that should work long hours, not have a voice and are disposed of at will

You hire a consulting firm to assess your business then blindly apply their recommendations. You fail to engage your businesses and your people and only do so in a time of crisis. I am now convinced more than ever you have built a house of cards. I plan to leave soon and I would never recommend a friend or family member work here.

Terminal downhill slide

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

I worked at Maritz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Maritz Research was a fantastic place to work before its business model was defeated by more nimble competitors and by competitors who thought marketing research firms should be willing to do more than customer satisfaction research. In those long gone glory days Maritz offered decent pay and excellent work-life balance, with all the positives of being a family-owned company that cared about its employees.

Cons

The company developed a "laser focus" on customer satisfaction research, the one thing it did well. My grandma would have called that an "all your eggs in one basket" business strategy and she would have in that way have been smarter than Maritz management. I think the time is long past when Maritz Research can do anything to revive its glory days and can at best look to become a software company so that Steve can sell it off. Of course employees are no more than pawns in a game like this, but it's shameful they should have to FEEL so much like pawns.

None - senior management of the research company has left and been replaced by management of a software company.

8. Flexible but over unfulfilling

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

Remote work with great flexibility

Cons

Direction and vision of leadership is lacking.

9. so so

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

everyone (almost) gets an office

Cons

work life balance not great

Seen better days

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

The people you work with are great. They work hard and are vested in the future success of the company.

Cons

The research industry has changed, gone are the days of the long standing tracking studies with a stable reporting site. Management missed or was to slow to respond to this paradigm shift. They are struggling to catch up.

Reverse your stance on off-shoring work and develop strong internal teams.

Great experience, not so great culture

Former Employee - Organization Development Specialist in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Organization Development Specialist in Fenton, MO

I worked at Maritz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company was big enough to have a lot of projects; I was never bored.

Cons

Very paternalistic culture; people seemed to operate with blinders on, as though life outside of Maritz didn't matter.