Maritz Reviews

Reset
3.1
Maritz Chairman and CEO Steve Maritz
Steve Maritz

Pros
  • Family friendly environment with a good work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• I worked with some nice people, I think that is the most positive thing I can say (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible management and an outdated business model (in 3 reviews)

• nepotism, it's all about who you know to even get in the front door (in 3 reviews)

1. Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

I worked at Maritz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work with great people Company shuts down between Christmas and New Year's Lots of opportunities for advancement

Cons

Benefits are not as good as other companies

Advice to Management

Make compensation and benefits competitive

2. Great people

I worked at Maritz

Pros

Friendly work environment and good culture

Cons

Frequent layoffs and cost containment.

Corporate Unit

Former Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Maritz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Family Friendly to the extreme.

Cons

Lack of communication as might be expected in private company.

Sr. Buyer - Corporate IT & Technology

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fenton, MO

I worked at Maritz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly working environment. Many elective social events/clubs you can participate in. Strong family culture.

Cons

Maritz decentralization a few years back has caused confusion for 'centralized' work processes like procurement and HR, IT and security. Too much over lapping of duties and not enough 'chiefs' to make business-wide decisions and governances. Not an ideal place to work as morale is low. Culture is very archaic - big boys club environment. If you're not family or connected to the family, you're never going to get anywhere. Innovation and state-of-the-art technology is for clients; not in-house work processes. Pay is also not up to market trends; bonuses are 'rewards' points.

Advice to Management

Spend some money and get into the 20th Century on daily work processes. You could use half as many people to get the same work accomplished.

Sales

I worked at Maritz

Pros

Good company, nice people; A company that wants to make a difference.

Cons

A little sleepy with technology and pay.

Advice to Management

Keep up internal recognition programs. Move to the Cloud!

7. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

The culture is awesome and relaxed. Employees are treated very well and the pay is good. Employee incentives are great and they give you a lot of time off including a week off for the Christmas break.

Cons

So far no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees and offer more training.

Time to go..........

I have been working at Maritz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People you work with and some of the ones you work for. Flexible scheduling and at least for me, family focused.

Cons

Overworked and under appreciated. We're a motivation company for other external organizations, yet we can't seem to motivate our own employees. You would think that a company with that background would be able to help themselves. We're a research company too, but most of the surveys that we are asked to fill out - employee surveys, etc. - are ran by outside organizations. We can't run our own research. To much emphasis on change and not enough emphasis on the employee. Loosing all the long tenured employees, bringing in the less experienced, so to most it seems that's it's just about the money and no longer about the people. Good luck with that kind of thinking.

Advice to Management

None, because it doesn't matter what we say, as we've already said it and it appears that you weren't listening.

9. Maritz is a great employer

Current Employee - Facilitator
    Current Employee - Facilitator

I have been working at Maritz

Pros

Fellow employees are talented, friendly, supportive, team-focused Pay is great but no benefits Mileage and expenses covered which means a lot

Cons

The structure of the position changed two years ago.....is more of a contract to contract based position now which means downtime (unpaid) between assignments

Advice to Management

The culture and job duties are great. I enjoy working here very much. Sometimes I feel that those who have been with the company but are less skilled have the full-time positions vs newer employees with more talent potential

10. Maritz is a great company to work for that provides excellent dealership support

Current Employee - Facilitator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Maritz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, energetic, motivated co-workers. Engaged supervisors

Cons

The work is currently contract based for facilitators so there is a time lag between assignements

Company is Seriously Spinning Out of Control - - -

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Maritz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people I work with on projects are great people and they work hard (too hard). Onsite cafeteria makes it easy to quickly grab lunch and continue working. Empty campus setting makes it easy to find a quiet spot.

Cons

Where to begin... 1. Our last perk was just taken away from us - the week shutdown at year's end. Being overworked all year this one last bright spot. 2. Executives are soooo out of touch with the state of businesses and their clients 3. Maritz research now MaritzCX is a complete disaster. New CEO comes out speaking of a new era of transparency and honesty only to now cower and avoid tough questions and speak down to people. Amazing how fast one can be corrupted. 4. Layoffs are never ending. Remaining employees are so overworked. 70 hours a week is not right! 5. Clients who once loved us now cannot stand us. Last client asked me "How could you go from my best service provider to my worst in such a short time?" 6. Laid off Martiz employees are now showing up on client accounts - not good for future biz or for keeping my current biz 7. There is no trust at this place. The lies told are so preposterous 8. If a project takes 5 people and you lay off 3 and not replace them, the remaining 2 workers are expected to "just do the work" and put in the extra time. 9. Employees are treated like robots that should work long hours, not have a voice and are disposed of at will

Advice to Management

You hire a consulting firm to assess your business then blindly apply their recommendations. You fail to engage your businesses and your people and only do so in a time of crisis. I am now convinced more than ever you have built a house of cards. I plan to leave soon and I would never recommend a friend or family member work here.

RSS Feed </> Embed