Mark Group

Jeff Bartos

Undeciced

Current Employee - Energy Auditor in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Energy Auditor in Phila, PA

I have been working at Mark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the working hours

Cons

future uncertain, not enough overtime

I loved it, but we are out of business

I have been working at Mark Group

Pros

Wonderful training and culture. The mission really was to help people first and profit later.

Cons

A little too much to be a profitable company.

Better luck next time.

Dishonest company

I worked at Mark Group full-time

Pros

VP allowed telecommuting (managers hated it).

Cons

Where to begin? They lie and cheat customers and employees. We were promised bonuses when I started and that immediately ended 2 months later, so I never received a bonus for the extra work I did. They refuse to pay overtime, which I'm sure is illegal. They tell customers they will get state rebates for the retrofit work and the work is done so poorly, the customers rarely get the rebates (about $2K down the drain). Management doesn't know your name and won't respond to your emails. They are about to shut down, but won't tell employees until the last possible second and haven't been paying their contractors.

Learn what it is your employees are doing. Almost everyone under you has had to pass some licensure exam to do the job they are doing. I shouldn't have to explain basic principles to my boss.

Disorganized startup with ADD

I have been working at Mark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The initial technical training and on going sales training is strong. Coworkers are friendly, dedicated, and take pride in their work. True family atmosphere at the branch level. Management is very accommodating to personal life obligations.

Cons

Corporate is clueless and waffles between laying a solid foundation that is true to their mission statement, and chasing a quick dollar. The heavy focus on sales and neglect of operations has reduced Mark Group to a magician selling an elaborate illusion. It's sad that this is what it has come to. The company had so much promise.

Trust and listen to your long-term employees and stop the overbearing micromanagement. Focus on delivering more than promising, both to customers and employees.

Company means well, but very disorganized

I worked at Mark Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at branch level is very hard working and cares about what they are doing. They give a quality product to their customers and work hard to give excellent customer service.

Cons

The corporate office is out of touch to the daily operations of the company. This is the companies biggest downfall. Key members are leaving because the business is so slow.

Loved my job when I started, but they really went downhill

I worked at Mark Group

Pros

Most employees are great to work with, have a great attitude. Work hard.

Cons

Unappreciated for what you do. Some management gets a way with treating you like crap with no repercussions. I have never worked at a company like this, where a manager can belittle you and put you down constantly and keeps their job.

Take care of your employees. Keep eyes on your managers to make sure they are treating people properly.

This is a sinking ship...

I worked at Mark Group full-time

Pros

There are so many good people that work for this company but they are taken advantage of and not appreciated for the work they take on, especially now that people are leaving (or being laid off) so rapidly.

Cons

This company will not survive. They don't have any money to pay bills, they are laying key people off and treating those that are left terribly. The CEO promises transparency but does not deliver. My guess is that he will sell and move on, leaving those that have worked so hard behind without a second thought.

Appreciate the loyalty of your good employees

Overall bad experience with this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Mark Group full-time

Pros

They have a great group of hard working employees. Unfortunately they all seem to be leaving the business out of frustration.

Cons

This company has been around in the uk for over 30yrs and is operating in other countries. Yet this company has no direction and they keep hiring people and creating more over head in the corporate office and can't pay any of the bills or pay its contractors on the branch level. They make changes and implement new processes that make no sense and don't work.

The corporate team has no idea what it's employees actually do for the company. Ask the employees that have been loyal to the business and have been able to get things done over the years what they need. Stop letting people make decisions that have no clue what they are talking about.

Start up company that is lacking direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Mark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate roles allow for work/life balance
    Personable CEO
    Good benefits for a reasonable price

Cons

Lack of direction from upper management
    Lack of communication from human resources and upper management
    Extremely cheap with uniforms, given used uniforms instead of new ones as new employee
    Corporate environment is a bull pen
    Lack of Training
    Long and drawn out interview process
    Significant attrition in 2014

Provide clear direction and leadership to employees.

Overall positive experience.

I worked at Mark Group

Pros

All the staff and most of the management team at Mark Group are dedicated, energetic and open to new ideas for the most part.

Cons

Strategic decisions are made from the top down and are sometimes baffling and seem at odds with the mission.