Mark IV Reviews

5 reviews filtered by
3.7
Mark G. Barberio

1. Great enviroment to work in and co-workers were great.

Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Springdale, AR

I worked at Mark IV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and fun place to work

Cons

The management there is a joke

Advice to Management

Not to treat people under you like they don't matter and stop disrepecting the workers

2. Mark IV - Dayco Products people were great people to work with and share best practices.

Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI

I worked at Mark IV

Pros

I worked with Mark IV and Dayco Products for several years in North America and overseas. The people that I worked with were some of the most talented in the automotive industry as the company had a natural selection process of promoting the best and removing the rest.

Cons

Due to the ongoing restructuring of the automotive industry the company had to re-organize both its manufacturing as well as its support functions in R&D and Sales.
    Working with the company over the past 20 years I have seen the areas of management in R&D, Manufacturing and Quality suffer. When I started with the organization we had some of the brightest minds in the automotive industry in North America and together we created a R&D Center in Rochester Hills that was state of the art staffed with the best talent recruited from across our plants and R&D Centers. As the years passed the companies ability to lead innovation suffered as senior management selected the wrong people to eliminate as a cost reduction.

Advice to Management

A commodity based company needs innovation and technical people to provide the reason to select one rubber company over another. Without the right skills and talent on the bench you cannot field a winning team. Without a few players with gray hair their is no one to pass on the lessons learned to the next generation.

3. Mark - IV Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Amherst, NY

I worked at Mark IV

Pros

There was a family type of atmosphere at the Mark IV Headquarters. It made communication easier and going to work enjoyable.

Cons

Working at the headquarters did not allow for much advancement up the corporate ladder for the more entry level employees.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership and management was great. They did a lot of right to steer the company on track after tough economic times.

5. Global Company in Transportation and Aerospace

I have been working at Mark IV full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The individual operating units were, for the most part, able to provide local self-management. The IDS division of companies (prior to divestiture) provides a technologically advanced ETO product to the transportation industry. The automotive and industrial business units continues to provide quality OEM and aftermarket products to the automotive industry.

Cons

The company struggled for a period of time with issues resulting from a 2001 stock buyout selling the company to private equity. The downturn of the automotive sector had a significant effect in the last half of 2008, forcing Mark IV into bankruptcy and divestiture of some of it's more profitable divisions (perceived by management as not part of the Mark IV core competency).

6. management style

Former Employee - Lead Hand in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Lead Hand in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Mark IV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

lots of overtime throughgout the year

Cons

unstability due to market trend

Advice to Management

management team need to bring new talent to improve old processess and guidelines