Mark IV

Mark IV Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark G. Barberio

Great enviroment to work in and co-workers were great.

Engineering Tech (Former Employee)
Springdale, AR

I worked at Mark IV full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility and fun place to work

ConsThe management there is a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementNot to treat people under you like they don't matter and stop disrepecting the workers

Mark IV - Dayco Products people were great people to work with and share best practices.

Vice President (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Mark IV

ProsI worked with Mark IV and Dayco Products for several years in North America and overseas. The people that I worked with were some of the most talented in the automotive industry as the company had a natural selection process of promoting the best and removing the rest.

ConsDue to the ongoing restructuring of the automotive industry the company had to re-organize both its manufacturing as well as its support functions in R&D and Sales.
Working with the company over the past 20 years I have seen the areas of management in R&D, Manufacturing and Quality suffer. When I started with the organization we had some of the brightest minds in the automotive industry in North America and together we created a R&D Center in Rochester Hills that was state of the art staffed with the best talent recruited from across our plants and R&D Centers. As the years passed the companies ability to lead innovation suffered as senior management selected the wrong people to eliminate as a cost reduction.

Advice to Senior ManagementA commodity based company needs innovation and technical people to provide the reason to select one rubber company over another. Without the right skills and talent on the bench you cannot field a winning team. Without a few players with gray hair their is no one to pass on the lessons learned to the next generation.

Mark - IV Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Amherst, NY

I worked at Mark IV

ProsThere was a family type of atmosphere at the Mark IV Headquarters. It made communication easier and going to work enjoyable.

ConsWorking at the headquarters did not allow for much advancement up the corporate ladder for the more entry level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the leadership and management was great. They did a lot of right to steer the company on track after tough economic times.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global Company in Transportation and Aerospace

I have been working at Mark IV full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe individual operating units were, for the most part, able to provide local self-management. The IDS division of companies (prior to divestiture) provides a technologically advanced ETO product to the transportation industry. The automotive and industrial business units continues to provide quality OEM and aftermarket products to the automotive industry.

ConsThe company struggled for a period of time with issues resulting from a 2001 stock buyout selling the company to private equity. The downturn of the automotive sector had a significant effect in the last half of 2008, forcing Mark IV into bankruptcy and divestiture of some of it's more profitable divisions (perceived by management as not part of the Mark IV core competency).

management style

Lead Hand (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Mark IV full-time for more than 5 years

Proslots of overtime throughgout the year

Consunstability due to market trend

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement team need to bring new talent to improve old processess and guidelines

Worked for Mark IV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mark IV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mark IV CEO Mark G. Barberio. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Mark IV employees.