Mark Jacobson Toyota

Add Photos

Mark Jacobson

Constant changes in Management

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsPlenty of customers who walk in

ConsNo real training program and poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the salespeople for what you expect them to do and quit finding a reason to not give a bonus like the survey you care so much about.

A Car Selling Nightmare!

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsMeeting new people, great employees, excellent sales managers are some of the takeaways from working here. It is a great place to get your foot in the door if you have never sold cars before but not the place to have a career. Get your experience here and move on to a bigger and better dealership!

ConsThe hours are terrible (No balance between work and home life), The pay plan is constantly being changed and crazy stipulations added to prevent you from reaching your bonus, low pay in general, low traffic, terrible benefits, and upper management who doesn't care about his employees and constantly puts pressure on them through micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the sales managers are great but a little advice to the owner...replace some of the upper management immediately because he is running your dealership into the ground while the other Toyota dealerships in the area continue to prosper.

low pay, bad work culture

Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsThis place can keep you from being homeless

Conslow traffic, high prices in the competitive car business, very competitive cut throat work environment that does not encourage teamwork, no appreciation from management or ownership,

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the business to someone with people skills

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tons of hours and low pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGood people and the owner seems to be a good person to work for.

ConsOpen 7 days a week and expected to be there for most of them, low pay for the industry, benefits are very expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your staff more efficiently, provide a rotating schedule to allow people to have a life beyond work and write a more competitive pay plan for the sales side.

Good place to work -- but not stellar.

Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsEXCELLENT owner -- Mark Jacobson is a great guy to work for, always striving for success and lending incentives for his employees for superfluous motivation.

ConsIf you expect more than adequate work/life balance, then look elsewhere -- this dealership pays very little in comparison to other popular & well-known companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent people to lead departments and MINIMIZE ROLE SHUFFLING!

Don't do it!!

Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsSchedule is very flexible - you can pretty much set you own schedule, but you have to be there a lot of hours to sell enough cars to make any money.

"Up System" is good - keeps things fair and keeps customers from feeling attacked in the parking lot.

Paid a set amount per vehicle sold, not a percentage of gross. The amount per vehicle is decent as long as you sell enough cars and they are all at the "no haggle" price.

ConsPoor management - their answer to everything (even "how do I sell more cars?") is "Sell more cars". There is never, ever any different answer or explanation. You ask, "How do I get training so I can sell more cars?" They answer, "Sell more cars". You say, "I could sell more cars if I knew more about them." They say, "I understand, sell more cars and we'll train you." They are dishonest with employees and frequently lie to customers. They don't care about you at all, only how many cars you can sell for them. You receive no training, and are expected to sell 10 cars a month, but they have so many sales people that you only get to see about 30 people a month. If you are "good enough" to sell a car to at least 35% of the people who walk in the door (and nobody is), they will keep you and pay you well, but if not, they'll send you packing - and you'll probably owe them money for the privilege of working there! They'll tell you the least anybody makes in a year is $50,000 - if they are there for a year, that's the catch. They only have about 6 people who have been there for over a year. Those few have been able to build a clientele and they are handed leads from management and Toyota directly - but they are still also taking walk-ins. The system is rigged in their favor, and it will cost you.

Advice to Senior Managementquit hiring so many people and train the ones you have!

Opportunity to make money..No life away from work

Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGood pay with benefits. One day off during the week. Friendly working enviroment. Very clean working enviroment.Speedy hiring process.

ConsLong hours. Little room for advancement. No life outside of work. Having to make excuses to customers for the false advertising.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you assign managers who know what they are doing. Provide more training for new employees besides just throwing them out on the floor.

Don't be a Car Salesman and work somewhere else if you can, only do if you are really hungry for money.

Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGet to meet lots of people if you are really in to it.
    Friendly environment to work in
    Managers are great and will be there for you when you need them.

ConsSomewhat decent pay plan
    Sometimes it could make you really stressful because you're not able to meet your quotas... not able to sales the cars...

Advice to Senior Managementmore commission and incentive for the employees so that they can make a living.

Worked for Mark Jacobson Toyota? Contribute to the Community!