Market Force Information

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Embarrassed that I worked for Market Force.

Former Employee - Auditor
    Former Employee - Auditor

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. Hours are "flexible" as long as you like working 7 days a week.
    Easy to get hired; they hired me when no one else was hiring.
    The work is easy, yet monotonous and dull.

Cons

Every one of my paychecks differed from the amount of hours worked--by a few hours less or more every paycheck--and they use an online automated system to track pay. Who is altering the hours after management submits them? Every challenge I sent to HR was met with great resistance.
    Lower management is so disorganized I started getting panic attacks for the first time in my life. I was barely making above minimum wage and had no supervisory responsibilities and yet they heaped undue stress on us.
    Mandatory overtime was almost constant. Turnover was extremely high. Way too many supervisors and managers telling you what to do daily.
    Management treated us like we were children though most of the employees have college degrees and are middle aged. I have never been this disrespected by any former supervisors.

Advice to Management

Train your manager/supervisors how to manage employees. Constant, sometimes hysterical, repetition of orders and ever changing instructions on how to perform your job make for a chaotic, inefficient environment where everyone wants to quit and work produced is just not acceptable.
    Monthly departmental meetings in the office would be a huge help. It feels like management keeps secrets so they can keep you uninformed and constantly on edge.
    Bonuses are promised each year and never delivered. This is an extremely effective de-motivator for me.

It was ok

Former Employee - Account Manager in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to start a career. It is a great place to learn about client service and management. This skill is transferable to other fields. As long as you get along with the management and are respectful, everything will be fine.

Cons

There is no real office culture. Sometime they will have pot-lucks during the holidays.

There are no real perks to the job, unless you consider AC in the summer and heat in the winter as a perk.

There are yearly bonuses, but they aren't that great. It gets taxed.

Advice to Management

Promote a culture and increase compensation. People are on salary and don't get paid for the overtime.

3. The most positive, encouraging work experience I ever had.

Former Employee - Scheduler in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work at home if you are a scheduler. Fun contests. I found the challenge of this job to be quite fun. Met a lot of people on the phone. I like working on the phone, so this was not an issue for me.

Cons

I was there for a year and I cannot come up with a single bad thing to say about this company. The supervisors are amazingly helpful, consistent and encouraging.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Erica is wonderful, as well as the many other supervisors who make it their job to see you succeed.

5. Good Opportunities, Needs More People

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Exciting new technology for older Market Force products
    Good people in lots of departments
    Opportunities to do stuff you can't in bigger companies
    Good customers of Market Force products

Cons

Too much focus on meeting financial goals
    Not enough resources to achieve goals

Advice to Management

Get additional money that allows you to grow Market Force technology and company. The people I worked with wanted to be successful. It wasn't easy because we did not have everything we needed to reach our goals and we did our best.

Great place to get started

I have been working at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

- Can work from home
    - Friendly co-workers
    - Lots of work to keep you busy

Cons

- Benefits are just ok, no 401k offered
    - Sales & marketing company so being in technology makes you necessary but not important
    - Hard to get upward mobility
    - Pay is below industry standards
    - Employees who are not producing are not let go

Advice to Management

I think of Market Force as a Work Hard / Play Hard company, which is great as long as everyone is held to these standards. I would like to see the under performers let go instead of being promoted as it kills morale of all the other hard working employees. Employees need to be paid what is standard for the position and Market Force needs to find more ways to recognize productive employees.

Market Force is Cheating on McDonalds reports

I worked at Market Force Information

Pros

There are no benefits. The pay is low and you have no job security. They will drop you in a heartbeat

Cons

Market force will use any excuse not to pay you so be careful. They use the report anyway, they just don't pay you. Also, don't do any reports "outside the bell curve" or they will drop you. They want to feed McDonalds only what McD expects and if you report above or below you will get dropped. They will also block you on Facebook if you don't write nice things about them or try to tell the truth

Disorganized, irresponsible, unprofessional

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training program, colleagues are generally very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

HR is an utter disaster - run by charlatans who have no knowledge of regulations or professionalism. I was never once paid correctly or on time - there was often money missing from my paycheck! Managers have conflicting visions for company strategy and are manipulative in attempting to push their ideas through. They also have little regard for employees' hard work (no recognition at any level) and are mostly preoccupied with nasty internal politics. The company is also masterful at promising things to employees (salary, job responsibilities, management structure) and never following through.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! The infighting is wearisome and childish. Set up a clear set of internal policies - complete with consequences/sanctions - and stick to them. Apply the same levels of service and reliability that you promise to your clients to yourselves. Most importantly, train your HR staff in politeness, professionalism, and, most of all, educate them about employment law - your HR department is a disgrace and the consequences of your negligence will catch up to you.

9. Good For Extra Money

I have been working at Market Force Information

Pros

Ability to search for various jobs, job types and locations

Cons

jobs cancelled without notification, jobs requiring the most work pay the least

Supervisor

Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you like a very fast paced, ever changing, moment to moment career - the Scheduling area is the division to work. There is never 2 days alike and you will always learn something new.

Cons

With the never ending additional duties that you are required to become responsible for completion, the salary compensation is low for the amount of responsibilities and requirements that may be added at any time. Most of these additional responsibilities and requirements handed down are the responsibilities required of Higher Management. Don't get me wrong, it's very good for experience and knowledge for moving up the ladder, however it also gives an unappreciated feeling.

Advice to Management

If/when passing responsibilities and additional requirements to the Supervisory staff, please appreciate them and increase their compensation accordingly.

11. Fantastic People to Work With

Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An exceptional group of people to work with who understand the value and have to ability to pull together and cross-departmentalize in order to meet deadlines regardless of who is responsible for them.

Cons

There is too much upheaval and transition occurring at this time.

RSS Feed </> Embed