Market Force Information

Updated August 31, 2014
Updated August 31, 2014
2.7

Karl Maier

refused to pay me for a assignment that I completed took all day , sent registered mail no reimbursement nothing a scam

Former Employee - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee  in  Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

there are none , unless you like being called 10 times and then not getting paid to do an assignment!

Cons

They bombard you with pages of instructions that should be fairly easy( they make it more difficult than it should be) , and then when you make a small mistake they refuse to pay you!! Should be illegal , but because they give you independent contractor they get away with it...

What Management?? the supervisors that I spoke to were rude and not helpful at all . would not recommend to anyone !

Supervisor

Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor  in  East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you like a very fast paced, ever changing, moment to moment career - the Scheduling area is the division to work. There is never 2 days alike and you will always learn something new.

Cons

With the never ending additional duties that you are required to become responsible for completion, the salary compensation is low for the amount of responsibilities and requirements that may be added at any time. Most of these additional responsibilities and requirements handed down are the responsibilities required of Higher Management. Don't get me wrong, it's very good for experience and knowledge for moving up the ladder, however it also gives an unappreciated feeling.

If/when passing responsibilities and additional requirements to the Supervisory staff, please appreciate them and increase their compensation accordingly.

Fantastic People to Work With

Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception  in  East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An exceptional group of people to work with who understand the value and have to ability to pull together and cross-departmentalize in order to meet deadlines regardless of who is responsible for them.

Cons

There is too much upheaval and transition occurring at this time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Great People, Great Culture, Fast Growing

Cons

Not able to accurately gauge the future

FIred for telling the truth

Current Employee - Shopper  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Interesting doing some of the "secret shopper" assignements.

Cons

Sometimes the time and distance are not worth the reimbursements.
    If something goes wrong and you tell the truth, they will not pay you. They almost force you to misrepresent your shopping assignment in order to get paid.

I have tried to contact MarketForce via emails explaining the issue of not reimbursing me for a mistake made by the shop I was evaluating, but instead of having a conversation, they delisted me as a shopper.

I did what I was supposed to do and they decided to "opt to discontinue our Independent Contractor relationship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The ability to choose your own schedule and locations. And the fact that you are paid on scheduled time either by mail or direct deposit.

Cons

most shops are too far and even though you decline shops permanently they continue to show up on your list of possible shops

Outsourcing to India

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I worked at Market Force Information full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CTO is decisive and tech savvy. There's a lot of really nice people there.

Cons

The CTO's "mission" is to outsource everything to India. Unenlightened lower management is playing the blame/shame game with their tech employees. Technical culture is where they expect you to be available and sometimes work in the middle of the night and be in to work the next day on time and working a full day.

You get what you pay for. There's no free lunch. Upper management hasn't figured out that lower management's game is to construct reality according to their own best interests.

Very, very little money for amount of work required per assignment.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility in completing assignments. Ability to "work from home".

Cons

Paid only for the time to perform the marketing work (restocking media, pay-as-you-go phone cards, visual inspections, etc.). After visit reporting needs are extensive, including photographs, and NO pay is given to complete this part of the work. For example, you may be paid $8 to $10 per hour, which is to cover the time spent at the client, but NO extra is paid for all of the time needed to meet Marketforce's reporting requirements using their slow, cumbersome, online reporting system. Once you combine the at the client work with the reporting, you are making very, very little.

Why pay so little?

Exhausting

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  East Greenbush, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in East Greenbush, NY

I have been working at Market Force Information

Pros

There is some flexibility with the work schedule since this business is open 7 days a week.

Cons

If you work in the call center or the theatre department you will work odd hours and work the weekend. If you don't get the work done you will have to work overtime and you do not get compensated. On busy days, I've worked through my lunch break and stayed past 12am. The clients are too demanding and the computer system is difficult to work. The programs constantly don't work and you have to think of ways around the problem. You aren't compensated properly for the amount of work you put in and you will only get a pat on the back. The environment isn't friendly and HR puts on pathetic events - cupcakes for Valentine's Day etc (all items are bought in bulk at walmart). The CEO is always buying up new companies while the original employees suffer with low pay, terrible working hours and live with a horrible work/life balance.

Pay your employees more if you don't want to deal with high turn over rates.

worst place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Market Force Information

Pros

They give you a paycheck. The benefits include health insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, flex spending acct, and paid vacation days.

Cons

Most of the reviewers on here are mystery shoppers, who are independent contractors and not technically employed by MFI. I was an actual full-time employee of this company. This was the single most draining and oppressive job I have ever had. The morale in the workplace was extremely low because the management has absolutely no idea what they are doing and they were always demanding more and more without ever giving praise for a job well done. The pay is a joke, especially for the hours required. Mandatory overtime was constant, we often worked 7 days a week, and one particularly bad month before I quit, I had only one day off the entire month (including weekends). Employees are encouraged and often even forced to work on paid holidays. We had a decent number of vacation days, but it was next to impossible to use them because of the constant workload. I never felt like I was off work because the management assumed we were available 24/7 because of the ability to work remotely. The only reason it took me as long as it did to find a new job was because I barely ever had time to look since I was barely ever not working. I would never, ever recommend anyone to work at this extremely poorly-managed company.

Either find a way to hire more people, or adjust client expectations so that your employees can actually have a day off once in a while. Try actually recognizing the extreme hours and hard work employees put in so employee morale isn't in the gutter.

Worked for Market Force Information? Contribute to the Community!