Market Force Information Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Alright place to work

I have been working at Market Force Information full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a nice office and with nice employees. We tend to have cool lunch breaks or snack breaks. Traffic isn't that bad out here

Cons

Not great work/life balance. You end up doing a little bit of everything around the office. There's not much room for growth because you're doing so much in you current position. They don't even bring it up.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees to see how they feel about what they're doing and where they would like to go.

Market Force www.marketforce.com does not pay Certified Field Associate for theatre/Cinema much money

Current Employee - Certified Field Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Field Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Market Force Information part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have flexibility. Some jobs are on Weekend Friday, Sat, Sunday. You can download the material from your account on Certified Field Associates section. They allow you to accept the jobs, download the info, and select at random. Most jobs are within 100 mile radius.

Cons

When I work a job I factor in my GAS, TIME, and how long it will take to do the project. After I get a ball park figure I subtrack how much they will pay me. Well a associate who worked there told me that they paid $12.00 an hour. So I joined up and spent time filling out contract. I got hired pretty fast. but then I got the contract work orders and found out that they pay $12.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for the additional hours. I would have to get 22 people to talk to me about a film or project. You know how difficult that can be. It's total waste of time unless you're on welfare and take the bus it's not worth it. If you're on SSI or Some type of welfare job and don't need any money really. Go for it. But I can't pay $15.00 in gas and drive across town work for $21 I saw that they claimed it would take me 4 hours each day. So getting over there and back is wear and tear on my car. Plus I just spent $2500 on getting my car fixed and updated. I was very disappointed plus I will not ever take that person's opinion who told me/referred me. You can't even watch a FREE movie. I do not recommend this. They need to pay more money. They can do that job themselves. I quit.

Advice to Management

Certified Field Associates need to be able to email you and call you to ask questions. Also you know why people don't want to work and put up standees because you don't pay any money to do the work. $12.00 per unit is FAIR but $12.00 first hour and $3.00 each additional to do all that hard work is just INSANE. Plus some of the jobs only pay $7.50 for one unit and you have a bunch of stuff to do. I think we've turned into a 3 rd world country. I just need a part time GIG to work while I get through college. I thought this was the BEST but this one cost me money.

Embarrassed that I worked for Market Force.

Former Employee - Auditor
    Former Employee - Auditor

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. Hours are "flexible" as long as you like working 7 days a week. Easy to get hired; they hired me when no one else was hiring. The work is easy, yet monotonous and dull.

Cons

Every one of my paychecks differed from the amount of hours worked--by a few hours less or more every paycheck--and they use an online automated system to track pay. Who is altering the hours after management submits them? Every challenge I sent to HR was met with great resistance. Lower management is so disorganized I started getting panic attacks for the first time in my life. I was barely making above minimum wage and had no supervisory responsibilities and yet they heaped undue stress on us. Mandatory overtime was almost constant. Turnover was extremely high. Way too many supervisors and managers telling you what to do daily. Management treated us like we were children though most of the employees have college degrees and are middle aged. I have never been this disrespected by any former supervisors.

Advice to Management

Train your manager/supervisors how to manage employees. Constant, sometimes hysterical, repetition of orders and ever changing instructions on how to perform your job make for a chaotic, inefficient environment where everyone wants to quit and work produced is just not acceptable. Monthly departmental meetings in the office would be a huge help. It feels like management keeps secrets so they can keep you uninformed and constantly on edge. Bonuses are promised each year and never delivered. This is an extremely effective de-motivator for me.

It was ok

Former Employee - Account Manager in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to start a career. It is a great place to learn about client service and management. This skill is transferable to other fields. As long as you get along with the management and are respectful, everything will be fine.

Cons

There is no real office culture. Sometime they will have pot-lucks during the holidays. There are no real perks to the job, unless you consider AC in the summer and heat in the winter as a perk. There are yearly bonuses, but they aren't that great. It gets taxed.

Advice to Management

Promote a culture and increase compensation. People are on salary and don't get paid for the overtime.

6. The most positive, encouraging work experience I ever had.

Former Employee - Scheduler in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work at home if you are a scheduler. Fun contests. I found the challenge of this job to be quite fun. Met a lot of people on the phone. I like working on the phone, so this was not an issue for me.

Cons

I was there for a year and I cannot come up with a single bad thing to say about this company. The supervisors are amazingly helpful, consistent and encouraging.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Erica is wonderful, as well as the many other supervisors who make it their job to see you succeed.

7. Good Opportunities, Needs More People

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Exciting new technology for older Market Force products Good people in lots of departments Opportunities to do stuff you can't in bigger companies Good customers of Market Force products

Cons

Too much focus on meeting financial goals Not enough resources to achieve goals

Advice to Management

Get additional money that allows you to grow Market Force technology and company. The people I worked with wanted to be successful. It wasn't easy because we did not have everything we needed to reach our goals and we did our best.

Great place to get started

I have been working at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

- Can work from home - Friendly co-workers - Lots of work to keep you busy

Cons

- Benefits are just ok, no 401k offered - Sales & marketing company so being in technology makes you necessary but not important - Hard to get upward mobility - Pay is below industry standards - Employees who are not producing are not let go

Advice to Management

I think of Market Force as a Work Hard / Play Hard company, which is great as long as everyone is held to these standards. I would like to see the under performers let go instead of being promoted as it kills morale of all the other hard working employees. Employees need to be paid what is standard for the position and Market Force needs to find more ways to recognize productive employees.

Market Force is Cheating on McDonalds reports

I worked at Market Force Information

Pros

There are no benefits. The pay is low and you have no job security. They will drop you in a heartbeat

Cons

Market force will use any excuse not to pay you so be careful. They use the report anyway, they just don't pay you. Also, don't do any reports "outside the bell curve" or they will drop you. They want to feed McDonalds only what McD expects and if you report above or below you will get dropped. They will also block you on Facebook if you don't write nice things about them or try to tell the truth

Disorganized, irresponsible, unprofessional

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training program, colleagues are generally very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

HR is an utter disaster - run by charlatans who have no knowledge of regulations or professionalism. I was never once paid correctly or on time - there was often money missing from my paycheck! Managers have conflicting visions for company strategy and are manipulative in attempting to push their ideas through. They also have little regard for employees' hard work (no recognition at any level) and are mostly preoccupied with nasty internal politics. The company is also masterful at promising things to employees (salary, job responsibilities, management structure) and never following through.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! The infighting is wearisome and childish. Set up a clear set of internal policies - complete with consequences/sanctions - and stick to them. Apply the same levels of service and reliability that you promise to your clients to yourselves. Most importantly, train your HR staff in politeness, professionalism, and, most of all, educate them about employment law - your HR department is a disgrace and the consequences of your negligence will catch up to you.

11. Good For Extra Money

I have been working at Market Force Information

Pros

Ability to search for various jobs, job types and locations

Cons

jobs cancelled without notification, jobs requiring the most work pay the least

RSS Feed </> Embed