Market Force Information

Updated November 20, 2014
2.6

Karl Maier

Disorganized, irresponsible, unprofessional

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training program, colleagues are generally very friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

HR is an utter disaster - run by charlatans who have no knowledge of regulations or professionalism. I was never once paid correctly or on time - there was often money missing from my paycheck! Managers have conflicting visions for company strategy and are manipulative in attempting to push their ideas through. They also have little regard for employees' hard work (no recognition at any level) and are mostly preoccupied with nasty internal politics. The company is also masterful at promising things to employees (salary, job responsibilities, management structure) and never following through.

Get your act together! The infighting is wearisome and childish. Set up a clear set of internal policies - complete with consequences/sanctions - and stick to them. Apply the same levels of service and reliability that you promise to your clients to yourselves. Most importantly, train your HR staff in politeness, professionalism, and, most of all, educate them about employment law - your HR department is a disgrace and the consequences of your negligence will catch up to you.

Good For Extra Money

I have been working at Market Force Information

Pros

Ability to search for various jobs, job types and locations

Cons

jobs cancelled without notification, jobs requiring the most work pay the least

refused to pay me for a assignment that I completed took all day , sent registered mail no reimbursement nothing a scam

Former Employee - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

there are none , unless you like being called 10 times and then not getting paid to do an assignment!

Cons

They bombard you with pages of instructions that should be fairly easy( they make it more difficult than it should be) , and then when you make a small mistake they refuse to pay you!! Should be illegal , but because they give you independent contractor they get away with it...

What Management?? the supervisors that I spoke to were rude and not helpful at all . would not recommend to anyone !

Supervisor

Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Scheduling Supervisor in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you like a very fast paced, ever changing, moment to moment career - the Scheduling area is the division to work. There is never 2 days alike and you will always learn something new.

Cons

With the never ending additional duties that you are required to become responsible for completion, the salary compensation is low for the amount of responsibilities and requirements that may be added at any time. Most of these additional responsibilities and requirements handed down are the responsibilities required of Higher Management. Don't get me wrong, it's very good for experience and knowledge for moving up the ladder, however it also gives an unappreciated feeling.

If/when passing responsibilities and additional requirements to the Supervisory staff, please appreciate them and increase their compensation accordingly.

Fantastic People to Work With

Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Associate/Reception in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An exceptional group of people to work with who understand the value and have to ability to pull together and cross-departmentalize in order to meet deadlines regardless of who is responsible for them.

Cons

There is too much upheaval and transition occurring at this time.

Short

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Great People, Great Culture, Fast Growing

Cons

Not able to accurately gauge the future

FIred for telling the truth

Current Employee - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting doing some of the "secret shopper" assignements.

Cons

Sometimes the time and distance are not worth the reimbursements.
    If something goes wrong and you tell the truth, they will not pay you. They almost force you to misrepresent your shopping assignment in order to get paid.

I have tried to contact MarketForce via emails explaining the issue of not reimbursing me for a mistake made by the shop I was evaluating, but instead of having a conversation, they delisted me as a shopper.

I did what I was supposed to do and they decided to "opt to discontinue our Independent Contractor relationship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The ability to choose your own schedule and locations. And the fact that you are paid on scheduled time either by mail or direct deposit.

Cons

most shops are too far and even though you decline shops permanently they continue to show up on your list of possible shops

Outsourcing to India

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I worked at Market Force Information full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The CTO is decisive and tech savvy. There's a lot of really nice people there.

Cons

The CTO's "mission" is to outsource everything to India. Unenlightened lower management is playing the blame/shame game with their tech employees. Technical culture is where they expect you to be available and sometimes work in the middle of the night and be in to work the next day on time and working a full day.

You get what you pay for. There's no free lunch. Upper management hasn't figured out that lower management's game is to construct reality according to their own best interests.

Very, very little money for amount of work required per assignment.

Former Employee - Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in completing assignments. Ability to "work from home".

Cons

Paid only for the time to perform the marketing work (restocking media, pay-as-you-go phone cards, visual inspections, etc.). After visit reporting needs are extensive, including photographs, and NO pay is given to complete this part of the work. For example, you may be paid $8 to $10 per hour, which is to cover the time spent at the client, but NO extra is paid for all of the time needed to meet Marketforce's reporting requirements using their slow, cumbersome, online reporting system. Once you combine the at the client work with the reporting, you are making very, very little.

Why pay so little?