Market Leader

Updated October 27, 2014
3.2

Market Leader President Ian Morris
Ian Morris

Pros
  • Great people, great energy and amazing products to help real estate agents (in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits and generous time off (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Cold Calling real estate agents (in 4 reviews)

• High turnover - if you don't love cold calling (and you're calling real estate agents, people who receive cold calls all day long) you won't make it (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, fast-paced environment - awesome product!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The product is amazing and really helps real estate agents succeed. Well-defined sales process, plentiful leads, coworkers that really care. Hands-on management style. Growing like crazy - opportunities for advancement and career growth. Many long-term employees (8+ years). New office in Bellevue is beautiful, spacious & close to transit. Company paid insurance, time off, ORCA card, passport card.

Cons

Not too many cons except that inside sales is challenging and quotas are monthly. Must enjoy cold calling.

Jun 2, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. As an experienced sales professional, your experience and advice to new hires is the most accurate testimonial. Please let us know how we can continue to improve ... More

Great employees that are fun to work with!

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are very energetic and fun. The culture is relaxed yet everyone works very hard. The office is great as well. It's nice to see a company that invests in the employees. I have seen many people be promoted from within here, and I've only worked here for four months.

Cons

There aren't many cons here. One could be working with a company that sells products in the real estate industry because the industry can go up and down. The company has put many things in place though to ensure that market dips won't affect employees.

May 23, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know how we can continue improving.

AMAZING COMPANY!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The values here are REAL - not merely a list on a wall. An exceptionally team-focused environment. Everyone has a voice. The interview process and onboarding was the best I've ever experienced. This company understands how critical branding is, and I would have been a Market Leader fan for life based purely on my interview/recruiting experience, whether or not I was selected for the role. Exceptional benefits - truly a Cadillac plan, unheard of in today's marketplace.

Cons

Parking is tight, but the company has arranged a solid alternative parking lot, plus Orca cards for employees. And the Bellevue Transit Center is very close.

May 7, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Welcome aboard! We're thrilled to have you on the team.

Serious Opportunities for Growth!

Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Our business is growing, our technology is improving, and the opportunities for growth and career advancement are excellent. In the year I've been with Market Leader, a full 30% of our existing workforce have been promoted either within their roles or advanced into new roles (including me!). I've never seen anything like it. Part of the reason for the opportunities is due to our business trajectory. The other part is our merger with Trulia. We now have the opportunity to make a greater impact as individuals, and as a team, working collaboratively with Trulia.

I work with smart people who care about the work and are respectful of others.

Market Leader takes very good care of us. We have lots of meaningful perks and the benefits are stellar (80% match on 401(k) + 100% employer-paid benefits for employees.) Our new office is gorgeous, too.

Cons

We recently moved to downtown Bellevue which is a farther commute for me personally. That said, everyone (who wants one) receives a free ORCA Card; so in the long run I'm saving by not driving.

Great place to work and develope professionally!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is attractive followed by beyond fair benefits and perks. The management seems to have the actual talent and desire to aid the sales team along with other departments in yielding greater results. The environment and culture is fun yet focused and team oriented yet individually challenging. The companies rate of growth, superior products, and laid back dress code is a plus as well. The second half of the training was suprisingly beneficial. The sales trainer sam was fantastic and I learned a shocking amount about sales in one week.

Cons

The parking situation is less then ideal. I will be paying a $50 to park off-site and take a shuttle to the office. Other then the dissapointing parking arrangments there isn't much to complain about!

Strong company that has weathered the good and bad real estate markets.

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, environment, flexibility, teamwork, training, and location when moved to Bellevue

Cons

People are expected to have a great work ethic. If not, you won't like it.

GREAT Company!

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team has been incredible since day one. This company is all about their employees and it's a wonderful place to work! If you're looking for a relaxed culture, open communication environment and a place where they want to hear from their employees- I highly recommend coming to work for Market Leader!

Cons

NOTHING!

Everyone is extremely nice and willing to help with any questions regardless of rank. It’s been great meeting different employees in all departments. This company is generous and values their employees and I have nothing negative to say about my experience here.

Great Company!

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Growing company with solid technology/products. Open/collaborative environment. Competitive pay/benefits/pto ect. Incredible amount of opportunity for growth!

Cons

There aren't really any cons of working at Market Leader. Like any technology/software company change is a constant and for some people that's not a good fit.

Keep up the good work!

Great Company With Incredibly Talented People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I prefer small to mid-size companies because I like to work with all aspects of the business and get to know folks in all departments. Working with Market Leader over the last 7 years has allowed me to get to know a lot of folks (some very well, as people seem to enjoy working here and stay, and even come back after taking some time away). More than any other company I have worked for, this company seems to care for its employees, scheduling many events throughout the year. I have really enjoyed getting to know the people and appreciate the level of professionalism and talent that Market Leader seems to attract.

Being in the technology sector, the people only create half of the story for me. I also get opportunities to work with all kinds of great technologies & products to solve interesting problems. I have definitely grown my skill-set considerably while at Market Leader and appreciate the opportunities that have been available to me.

Cons

As a smaller company, there has been lots of opportunity for taking ownership over systems and issues - at times this can make it more difficult to balance work and life, if not managed appropriately.

At times the management to can be slow in making decisions, but ultimately is moving the company (and the industry) in the right direction.

Great Employer

Current Employee - Product Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Market Leader is a great company to work for. They have a small company feel, with lots of team activities and inter-departmental support. The executive team is very involved with all levels of the business, but each employee has autonomy in what they are working on and contribute

Cons

Like many mid-sized companies, it is a fast-paced business, so employees need to be prepared for a constantly evolving work environment.

Keep up the good work.