Market Strategies International

Rob Stone

I love it here.

Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is super nice and the job is fun, it has very flexible hours and right now is offering full time hours! I think that everyone should give it a go! You won't regret it one bit. People are very considerate and it does offer room to grow... pay raise after 90 days = 75 cents.

Cons

Pay starts out at 8 bucks an hour wish it was better compensation. I dont see this as being bad as it weeds out the baddies:)

Great learning

Current Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

autonomy enabling me andf others explore and grow in the direction we choose. management foster this behaviour and thus encourages employees grotwh

Cons

not large enough to make a different, in order to be able to make a name for ourselves we need to be larger

sales have to be increased, service and solutions have to be defined and marketing to a strategic prospect list of companies

A culture of smart, ethically-centered people

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

There are a lot of really smart, committed, forward-thinking people in this organization--and, given the relatively entrepreneurial culture, it is possible to change the company by getting out in front of an initiative and pushing hard. The quality of the work being done here is truly a cut--and often several cuts--above what's going on in other parts of the industry. Finally (and this may sound weird, in these times), this is a company that really has an ethical center. There is a kind of old-world probity to the way that the company is managed and the way people treat their work.

Cons

The company is certainly in more of a growth mode than it has been historically--and growth inevitably means change. So far, those changes have been good changes, but that's something that requires constant care and feeding. The concern is that senior management continue to stay focused on the right kinds of strategic growth for the company--and communicate the growth plan (if and as it changes) to everyone throughout the organization.

Continue to work hard at listening to employees throughout the organization--not just listening to senior managers. Continue the ongoing focus on quality and ethical standards. Keep focused on long-term strategic vision, not quarterly financials (which, so far, has not been an issue...but is always a bit of a worry when you're majority-owned by a private equity company).

Descent pat-time job

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

fast-paced, independent, and well organized

Cons

my main issue was that it is part-time

This is not the same MSI

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I liked working with MSI. My team was dedicated and really enjoyed the work. We made some long lasting relationships and did very well while we were together.

Cons

Sometimes it was stressful. Keeping clients happy was sometimes tough, but we managed to be able to keep most people happy.

Do it again!!

Comprehensive exposure to market research; lacks defined career trajectory for most roles .

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All functional roles work closely together at all levels, promoting a solid team-oriented culture.

Flat organization with a few exceptions.

Supportive HR and training initiatives.

Process, process, process, a must-have for an organization with multiple functional roles working together.

Data management better than other firms, but definitely has plenty of room for improvement.

Cons

Promotions rare outside of client management roles.

Large salary disparities within individual functional roles.

Outsourcing data management and other roles diminishes deliverable quality and follow through.

Promote staff more frequently, especially star performers. Verbal merits only go so far. Provide staff with more constructive feedback to promote effective skill building and creative solutions to career paths.

good job, tough to advance

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Market Strategies International

Pros

accomadate you very well with time off
    make your own schedule and own times
    a lot of good people working there

Cons

hard to get promoted, sometimes the communication within the company isn't very good, took away bonuses to cut back on pay

communicate better

Good place to work

Former Employee - Study Director in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Study Director in Livonia, MI

I worked at Market Strategies International

Pros

A good solid company to work for. Some departments are better than others to work in depending on the people. This company has been acquiring other companies so the number of employees has increased significantly.

Cons

Job security is a problem with the growing pains they are experiencing with the move to a new corportate office, acquisitions and hiring practices.

Keep in mind the need for support staff to facilitate the work that is done for clients. It is difficult to deliver excellent results sometimes.

Great place to work

I worked at Market Strategies International

Pros

Headed up by some very smart people.

Cons

Got acquired by a larger market research firm

Keep the Doxus about you!

Frustrating -- no paths available

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

It's pretty flexible in terms of when you can work. Nobody is looking over your shoulder. Also, the vacation benefit is good. Depending on your manager, you can also have more agency to do what you want to do in your area of interest.

Cons

There is no commitment to helping employees progress along a path towards their desired career path. The whole philosophy is for you to optimize your current position. Talent is bought not developed. Do develop your own talent, you have to go rogue and do it under the radar.

Take off your blinders to see the talent you have right under your noses and stop buying high level executive 'talent' who then prove to not be talented enough to aid your business.

Market Strategies International Photos