Market Strategies International

Rob Stone

Talent goes unnoticed

Senior Programmer (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsLaid back work environment
    Ability to work from home

ConsMoving IT from hourly to salary really put a whip to the back, more work and less pay.
    No room for advancement
    Limited technology available

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the best candidate based on there skills and not just on education

Would be an okay experience if more hours were offered and better pay.

Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsPart time hours. Reading verbatim off of screen. being able to assist companies by completing surveys to improve customer satisfaction

ConsLow pay, no benefits, part time offered only very strict environment

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment

Not sure if this is the "right" MSI

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNice office downtown, I hear....I was never invited to visit it though. They have some pretty good business relationships there.

ConsCompany wasn't clear about direction they wanted to go. They were adding people and selling offices in what seemed to be a willy-nilly fashion.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to update the technology. Need to have a more defined plan. Need to have a more defined career path

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start your career.

User Support (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThis is a great place for anyone starting out, especially if you're interested in a career in research. There is much experience to be gained and many of the people are intelligent, hard working, and kind. I will admit that Market Strategies unlike many companies of it's size provides a sense of camaraderie amongst its employees.

ConsCompensation and personal growth varies depending on position/department. While some departments offer guaranteed upward movement in as little as one or two years, it may be common for others to have employees with 6+ years of experience with zero career momentum. The largest complaint is the decrease in moral due to the steady increase in work load, in relation to the steady decrease in raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage communication and listen to what your employee's are telling you.

Promising company; needs to pay attention to non-management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people in the Portland office but the Livonia office is highly corporate and very stuffy. Decent work life balance. Occasional training. Some managers are flexible with work at home and flex time.

ConsNo good / clear career paths. Lower than average industry pay. Very cut-throat environment; not at all collaborative. Very top heavy (upper management/vps) which leads to a great workload on analysts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing top heavy hurts the organization. Need to recognize people for their work and make the company a much more collaborative environment which will promote greater teamwork and more innovation. Listen to your analysts, they are in the trenches everyday and have the 'spark' to take the company further.

Expanded Insights.

Telephone Research Interviewer (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsThe work force at MSI actually represents a dynamic portion of a transitional society.

ConsMarket Strategies can and does possess the capability of having a dynamic work force that can further accommodate eligible employees to home-based and/or virtual offices; therefore, I believe a cost versus benefit analysis should be seriously researched.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring down times, a well-organized face-to-face meeting to communicate employee and management concerns would be a valuable asset to achieving the company's short and long term goals.

It is very monotonous and there is no motivation.

Surveyor (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsFlexible hours
    No physical strain
    Can work extra hours

ConsSitting for long periods of time
    Very monotonous
    Place is not appealing
    Advancement through favoritism
    At the end of the month there is not enough work for everyone. Many are sent home very early
    Unsteady pay when it comes to the end of the month

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more motivation to employees
    Pay more attention to those who really do work

Great people, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThey tend to hire very knowledgeable people, some have extensive industry experience.

ConsSmart people don't always make good managers. Overall, company lacks quality staff managers; no consistent systems to develop employee talent across the company; no clear career path for employees.

Good old boy network of who you know rather than what yo know

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey start with 3 weeks of vacation which is uncommon for full-time jobs.
    All employees are allowed to work from home once a week.

ConsLow salaries for tech people. Promote only those that are friends with the bosses.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the number of VPs and spend the money on low level positions that actually get the work done. Do we really need 30 VPs for the turnover we have?

good company for family person

Product Manager (Current Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

Prosliberal, work and life balance, full of opportunity internally

Consflexible, lack of centralized power to control oversea business

Advice to Senior Managementbe stronger to manage global business

Worked for Market Strategies International? Contribute to the Community!