Market Strategies International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Market Strategies International CEO Rob Stone

Rob Stone

Great place to start your career.

User Support (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThis is a great place for anyone starting out, especially if you're interested in a career in research. There is much experience to be gained and many of the people are intelligent, hard working, and kind. I will admit that Market Strategies unlike many companies of it's size provides a sense of camaraderie amongst its employees.

ConsCompensation and personal growth varies depending on position/department. While some departments offer guaranteed upward movement in as little as one or two years, it may be common for others to have employees with 6+ years of experience with zero career momentum. The largest complaint is the decrease in moral due to the steady increase in work load, in relation to the steady decrease in raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage communication and listen to what your employee's are telling you.

Promising company; needs to pay attention to non-management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people in the Portland office but the Livonia office is highly corporate and very stuffy. Decent work life balance. Occasional training. Some managers are flexible with work at home and flex time.

ConsNo good / clear career paths. Lower than average industry pay. Very cut-throat environment; not at all collaborative. Very top heavy (upper management/vps) which leads to a great workload on analysts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing top heavy hurts the organization. Need to recognize people for their work and make the company a much more collaborative environment which will promote greater teamwork and more innovation. Listen to your analysts, they are in the trenches everyday and have the 'spark' to take the company further.

Expanded Insights.

Telephone Research Interviewer (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsThe work force at MSI actually represents a dynamic portion of a transitional society.

ConsMarket Strategies can and does possess the capability of having a dynamic work force that can further accommodate eligible employees to home-based and/or virtual offices; therefore, I believe a cost versus benefit analysis should be seriously researched.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring down times, a well-organized face-to-face meeting to communicate employee and management concerns would be a valuable asset to achieving the company's short and long term goals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is not the same MSI

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI liked working with MSI. My team was dedicated and really enjoyed the work. We made some long lasting relationships and did very well while we were together.

ConsSometimes it was stressful. Keeping clients happy was sometimes tough, but we managed to be able to keep most people happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo it again!!

It is very monotonous and there is no motivation.

Surveyor (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsFlexible hours
    No physical strain
    Can work extra hours

ConsSitting for long periods of time
    Very monotonous
    Place is not appealing
    Advancement through favoritism
    At the end of the month there is not enough work for everyone. Many are sent home very early
    Unsteady pay when it comes to the end of the month

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more motivation to employees
    Pay more attention to those who really do work

Great people, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThey tend to hire very knowledgeable people, some have extensive industry experience.

ConsSmart people don't always make good managers. Overall, company lacks quality staff managers; no consistent systems to develop employee talent across the company; no clear career path for employees.

Good old boy network of who you know rather than what yo know

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey start with 3 weeks of vacation which is uncommon for full-time jobs.
    All employees are allowed to work from home once a week.

ConsLow salaries for tech people. Promote only those that are friends with the bosses.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the number of VPs and spend the money on low level positions that actually get the work done. Do we really need 30 VPs for the turnover we have?

good company for family person

Product Manager (Current Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

Prosliberal, work and life balance, full of opportunity internally

Consflexible, lack of centralized power to control oversea business

Advice to Senior Managementbe stronger to manage global business

Good company to learn market research

Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsYo get to cross-train, and learn different aspects of supervisory positions.

ConsSometimes long, unpredictable work shcedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect to hourly workers; many times, they have more experience and education that the managers do. If not for them, no one would have a job!

Comprehensive exposure to market research; lacks defined career trajectory for most roles .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAll functional roles work closely together at all levels, promoting a solid team-oriented culture.

Flat organization with a few exceptions.

Supportive HR and training initiatives.

Process, process, process, a must-have for an organization with multiple functional roles working together.

Data management better than other firms, but definitely has plenty of room for improvement.

ConsPromotions rare outside of client management roles.

Large salary disparities within individual functional roles.

Outsourcing data management and other roles diminishes deliverable quality and follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote staff more frequently, especially star performers. Verbal merits only go so far. Provide staff with more constructive feedback to promote effective skill building and creative solutions to career paths.

Worked for Market Strategies International? Contribute to the Community!