Market Strategies International

Reset

1. I love it here.

Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super nice and the job is fun, it has very flexible hours and right now is offering full time hours! I think that everyone should give it a go! You won't regret it one bit. People are very considerate and it does offer room to grow... pay raise after 90 days = 75 cents.

Cons

Pay starts out at 8 bucks an hour wish it was better compensation. I dont see this as being bad as it weeds out the baddies:)

Descent pat-time job

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

fast-paced, independent, and well organized

Cons

my main issue was that it is part-time

Nothing interesting about this company

Current Employee - Market Research in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Market Research in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Market Strategies International full-time

Pros

Depending on the manager, you can work from home some days. That is pretty much it.

Cons

Highly political environment and promotions are based on friends promoting friends model so plenty of unqualified managers who don't know how to manage and can barely use basic MR tools such as SPSS. Managers are self serving and "add value" by escalating issues so it is a CYA type of culture. If you aren't in a sales role, you don't count even though you are expected to work 60 hours a week. There is no training for staff unless you are in Sales ("Client Manager"). Constant turnover and layoffs creating heavy workloads for those remaining. Company likes to hire people straight out of school but no real, meaningful training so lots of issues and stress. Would only recommend this firm to someone who is laid off. This isn't a place to join if you are looking for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Instead of placing pressure on the "doers" you really need to start looking at those who are in leadership IG roles not delivering what they have promised.

Good place to learn about quantitative research

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

High standards for primary research. People with good experience who are willing to mentor

Cons

Poor work-life balance. All other functions except business development is under valued. Flattery provides faster career advancement than job skills

Advice to Management

Consider investing in analysts and research managers.

Former employee horrible atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

Free coffee in the break room

Cons

Full time admin staff seems to have the kick the cat syndrome. They leave their interviewers in the hands of incompetent lower managers.

Advice to Management

Deal with issues within the call center instead of hiding in your office.

Great place to start your career.

Former Employee - User Support in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - User Support in Livonia, MI

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place for anyone starting out, especially if you're interested in a career in research. There is much experience to be gained and many of the people are intelligent, hard working, and kind. I will admit that Market Strategies unlike many companies of it's size provides a sense of camaraderie amongst its employees.

Cons

Compensation and personal growth varies depending on position/department. While some departments offer guaranteed upward movement in as little as one or two years, it may be common for others to have employees with 6+ years of experience with zero career momentum. The largest complaint is the decrease in moral due to the steady increase in work load, in relation to the steady decrease in raises.

Advice to Management

Encourage communication and listen to what your employee's are telling you.

8. Promising company; needs to pay attention to non-management

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people in the Portland office but the Livonia office is highly corporate and very stuffy. Decent work life balance. Occasional training. Some managers are flexible with work at home and flex time.

Cons

No good / clear career paths. Lower than average industry pay. Very cut-throat environment; not at all collaborative. Very top heavy (upper management/vps) which leads to a great workload on analysts.

Advice to Management

Being top heavy hurts the organization. Need to recognize people for their work and make the company a much more collaborative environment which will promote greater teamwork and more innovation. Listen to your analysts, they are in the trenches everyday and have the 'spark' to take the company further.

9. Expanded Insights.

Current Employee - Telephone Research Interviewer in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Telephone Research Interviewer in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work force at MSI actually represents a dynamic portion of a transitional society.

Cons

Market Strategies can and does possess the capability of having a dynamic work force that can further accommodate eligible employees to home-based and/or virtual offices; therefore, I believe a cost versus benefit analysis should be seriously researched.

Advice to Management

During down times, a well-organized face-to-face meeting to communicate employee and management concerns would be a valuable asset to achieving the company's short and long term goals.

10. This is not the same MSI

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I liked working with MSI. My team was dedicated and really enjoyed the work. We made some long lasting relationships and did very well while we were together.

Cons

Sometimes it was stressful. Keeping clients happy was sometimes tough, but we managed to be able to keep most people happy.

Advice to Management

Do it again!!

11. It is very monotonous and there is no motivation.

Current Employee - Surveyor in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Surveyor in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    No physical strain
    Can work extra hours

Cons

Sitting for long periods of time
    Very monotonous
    Place is not appealing
    Advancement through favoritism
    At the end of the month there is not enough work for everyone. Many are sent home very early
    Unsteady pay when it comes to the end of the month

Advice to Management

Give more motivation to employees
    Pay more attention to those who really do work

RSS Feed </> Embed