Market Street United

Add Photos

Robert Taylor

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work if you are willing to work hard and have a positive attitude. The benefits are nice and it is a positive environment to work in.

ConsLeadership training is offered, but sometimes falls short with follow-through, mentoring and developing new managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on developing your leaders/managers.

Great Company

Cashier (Former Employee) Colleyville, TX

Pros-All the employees are real friendly.
    -The food they cook in their deli is delicious, best grocery store deli there is.

Cons-The job gets redundant after a while.

Advice to Senior Management-The management should be more involved with the employees.

Do NOT Work Here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere are no benefits what so ever to working here!

ConsThe attitude of management is to cut back on hours when business is slow but yet they just paid out over $68,000 in management bonuses but none to the people that work to give them the bonus. There is no discount at all for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the impact on your employees!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome first job, gets old quick

Sacker (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsFairly laid back, but effective management.
    Great coworkers
    Friendly customers, hardly have to deal with difficult guests
    Sacking is an easy job for min. wage, good for a first job

ConsManagers can disappear at times, especially when they're needed.
    Busy times can mean that you might not get a break on time or at all, this can be a problem all the time with some managers.
    Get used to getting off late, it's a habit to get off 15-30 minutes late unless you ask, but they'll usually let you go if you have a good reason to leave.
    The registers can be slow at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up how you've been doing it, get better with watching the clock, be available if needed or find someone to help us if you can't at the moment, as both the personnel and customers have to wait on you if the computer locks down

Lead Bookkeeper

Lead Bookkeeper (Former Employee)

ProsFamily based, flexible hours, relocation available

ConsLow pay, expensive benefits, good ole boy system

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more women

Market Street provides an amazing work atmosphere with good pay and good people.

ProsGreat work environment. They treat everyone well and cater to high end customers.

ConsNo cons come to mind. Market Street is hands down better than any other similar jobs at similar businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating your people well.

great part-time job for students

Sacker (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsLearned a lot from this job. The customer services skills you will gain as a checker and sacker at Market Street will really help you with any job in the future. Great company culture and made a lot of friends that I still go visit when I'm in town. If you're looking for a part-time job that you can come back to during winter breaks and summers, this is a great choice.

ConsManagement was a little shaky when I worked there. Also as a sacker you are outside ALL THE TIME even in apocalyptic Texas weather. Not the funnest thing to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistribution of hours needs to be managed better.

Great First Job, lots of opportunity for advancement if you're willing to work.

Barista (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsManagers who care about you, chances to learn new skills, good pay

ConsTypical drama that comes with hourly positions, long hours during the holiday season

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Good place to start

Service Counter (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly Staff and management. VERY flexible with schedule, as they let you have what days you can and cannont work. Promotions are possible if your work ethnic is sufficient. Some guest are really nice, and if you are looking for a starting job, this is a good one to start

ConsSome guest are mean and aggressive ( expected). They play favorites sometimes. Some hard workers are not recognized, and full time is nearly impossible in the front end. Pay is also a big one

Market Street.

Cashier (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsAn okay pay, flexible hours nice breaks.

ConsConstant change in managers due to them quitting.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind someone who would actually like to be there for a longer period of time.

Worked for Market Street United? Contribute to the Community!