Market Traders Institute

Award winning environment

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its refreshing to working with a company where the management cares and is responsive to feedback. My pay is competitive, 100% medical benefits, 2 weeks a year vacation, a nice rec room and free breakfast every Friday.

The company just won an award for one of the best places to work by the Orlando Business Journal

Cons

The company is growing so sometime things can be over looked. I have found that by speaking up I have been able to get my issues addressed.

Keep up the great work but don't forget where you came from and the people that helped you get there.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Educatuional Specialist  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Educatuional Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large office. Pay is ok.

Cons

False promises. Definitely a buddy-buddy system here. If you are not a relative or friends with management, you go nowhere. Promotions are not based on skill but are based on who you know. For example, one individual was promoted to sales manager because he was close friends with management, was getting married and needed a higher postion and pay level to qualify for a mortgage. The man who built that dept was demoted and took a $15,000 cut In pay after spending 8 months of work, long hours, countless meetings, trainings, recruiting new people and taking over a dept he inherited in chaos. He never even got as much as a thank you.

This is also a very stressful environment. Two people so far had cardiac issues. One was escorted to a hospital via ambulance from work. While he was hospitalized all the company was concerned with was how soon he would return to work. The other had a heart attack followed by triple heart bypass followed by a stroke. To this day he cannot speak and is on disability. Is any job worth this?

In another regard, management likes to reposition leads that team members are working on and award them to other employees just as these accounts are about to close. The team member who did the work gets nothing. The "special person" gets the commission and the accolades.

Wise up. Get some people who care about people to run this company. And get people who know what they are doing to take over management roles. And to the HR person who rebuts comments here, I and others have approached you numerous times regarding issues. While you have a nice smile and seem sincere, all we have heard is that you are checking into it. Must still be checking into it. Been over 2 years and still nothing has been done. Would like to see less promises, more action.

Great chance to get in on the ground floor of something bog!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I took the job here, I wanted to make an impact. I wanted to get in somewhere where I can grow, make decisions and make things happen. This company can certainly gives this to you if your willing to excel at your job, be proactive, communicative, and helpful.

They let you take all the course's and use the charting software for free! I am learning so much and I have access to all the course presenters! Oh and the have matching 401K! Also 100% medical and visions for employee.

Cons

I am not a fan of the cubes and company culture is not the best. Although we just got a ping pong table.

more culture to the rest of the company as the sales team is not the only employee you have.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All talk, no follow through

Current Employee - Forex Market Analyst  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Forex Market Analyst in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a paycheck and a commission. Nothing really great about the company. Decent location.

Cons

This is a small business that is run by their buddy buddy "inner circle" that constantly talks the big talk about the next BIG THING but they never actually follow up after anything gets 90% done. Completely untrustworthy, if it's promised to you then get it in writing, don't rely on handshakes or promises. No room for promotion. If you switch departments they'll always call it a "promotion". Speaking your mind in a sales meeting almost guarantees being fired.

You need qualified management that actually went to college. Not your brothers, friends, and family members. You're trying to think big but surround yourselves with short sighted ego tripping friends.

Market Traders Institute Response

Jun 26, 2014Communications Coordinator

Hello,

As the HR executive at Market Traders Institute, I want you to know that I hear your concerns. I'd like to offer my assistance for you in this matter. I want nothing more than to address
    ... More

A Lot of false promises. Mostly Fluff

Former Employee - Educational Specialist  in  Heathrow, FL
    Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Heathrow, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Introduced me to the Forex Market. Nice Building. Free donuts on Fridays. Nice birthday parties.

Cons

Felt exploited, used and abused. Underpaid. I thought it was interesting that when employees resigned, management would require them to leave immediately, not even finish out their 2 week notices. Felt like management conned us with false promises.

Get your act together. Treat people fairly.

MTI/NEXT STEP FINANCIAL HOLDINGS just uses people

Former Employee - Educational Specialist  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MTI just uses people

I have been in the job market for 2 decades and never have I seen a company like MTI that just takes advantage of people. They will pull you from one job category to another regardless of whether you want it or if it is right for you or not. They put you where they want to as long as it is good for business. You can rebuild a department and not get as much as a thank you. What you will get is either terminated or demoted while they replace you with one of their "Anointed Ones" And their word is not their bond and it starts from the top down.

One morning during a employee meeting, CEO asked all of us to laud a high ranking officer of the company for his hard work. We complied and deservedly so. We all saw this man put in long hours in which he was never paid for because he was on salary.. Later CEO Jared, using the social media publicly said on facebook that this man is doing a great job. 2 hours later some of us wanted to congratulate this man only to find that he was fired! I ask you, how does a man go from getting accolades privately and publicly to being fired all in the same day? Only at MTI/NEXT STEP FINANCIAL HOLDINGS.

But it doesn't end in one case.

A man named Dan was hired as a sales trainer and manager over the account rep team. He was a professional sales trainer and salesman. Had won numerous awards and honors from legitimate sales companies. Dan came in, retrained the department as well as other sales people in the company, rewrote sales manuals, scripts and agenda. What was Dan's reward? As soon as MTI captured all of his information, they fired him.

But it doesn't end there.

Shawn Beecher was the highest ranked employees to be released by MTI. He was the top presenter and one of the top people in the company. He had been VP for one of the Martinez families other companies and had dedicated about a decade to MTI and associated companies, retraining employees, conducting sales training and t/o-ing in addition to doing webinar presentations and helping students as an analyst on demand. Shawn was one of the few people at MTI who truly understands the forex, has securities licences and actually trades successfully . It was also felt that Mr. Beecher was primarily responsible for helping to turn around MTI/NSFH in 2011 when they layed off around 75% of their staff and many people thought that MTI might be closing down. Squeezed like a sponge and then goodbye!

NOTE: Last time a top level executive was released, a massive layoff followed.

And it doesn't end there. Two other employees felt that they were ripe for promotions based on production. Management insisted, they were not ready. Both left MTI and went to other companies. One went to work for a billion dollar company, was promoted immediately, set sales records, was promoted again to a manager, then recruiter. The good news is he is making more money now he ever would have at MTI. BUT....MTI management felt he wasn't ready to be promoted.

The other guy went to another Financial Education company offering forex and other training. At MTI he won awards and beat everyone who was promoted over him. He was constantly told that he wasn't ready yet at MTI. At the new company, he became the top rep in the company in his first month and his monthly sales went over $100,000, earning nearly $15,000 a month. He is happy he left MTI. BUT...MTI management insisted that he wasn't ready for a promotion. BIG MISTAKE!

There is no correlation between a persons title and their ability to make sound judgements or decisions. MTI management is living proof of that.

It is very true that everyone who gets promoted is either related to the family somehow or a close friend. No one else has a chance.

This is not a career opportunity. Not a real job, just a job. BUT....If you don't mind being stewed, screwed and BBQ'ed, treated like garbage, do all the work while others get promoted, enjoy!!!!!!!!! By the way, when you leave MTI/NSFH you will find that getting a real job with legitimate companies is difficult because you have been stereotypes as working for get rich quick schemes. Be careful.

Cons

Felt like I and others except for certain elite people were being treated the same way a baby treats a diaper. Jared Martinez is the CEO. He is a legend in his own mind. Calls himself the "FX Chief" Not everyone agrees

Have lot's of advice if they are willing to listen. Doubt if they will. After nearly 3 years, they never wanted hear anything, only dictated.

A career, not just a job

Current Employee - Operations  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Long Term Opportunity with realistic expectations

Cons

I wish i didn't work from a cubical but one day i know i wont have to

Vision and direction of the company is great (you got a believer in me). Please add additional office space and separate the sales people from the operation/ support people.

Wasted Potential

Former Employee - Foreign Currency Market Analyst  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Foreign Currency Market Analyst in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to learn about the Forex market, and some of the strategies taught by the company are very effective. Some of the employees are great people in bad situations.

Cons

- Egocentric office structure
    - Everyone in management is related to the Martinez family somehow
    - There's absolutely no chance to TRULY get ahead in this company for an outsider
    - Pay raises are a joke (or nonexistent in most cases)
    - Base compensation is barely adequate to survive on
    - The company will expect you to live your work, and like it

Management doesn't listen. Hasn't yet anyway.

So much potential - So disappointing

Current Employee - IT Service  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - IT Service in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice location. Nice office. Big promises.

Cons

Company management lacks any semblance of a coherent organizational structure.

Hire some competent management people to show you how to really run this company

It is very true that this company seems to attract people who cannot find work anywhere else. I interviewed with one gentlemen 4 years ago at a B2B Company in Longwood, Fl. I was hired he wasn't. He was furious and asked me, "How the hell did you get hired and not me?" Then he settled down. Later I found out that this same gentlemen, a very sharp looking guy, very articulate, was turned down by five other companies for management positions. He was even turned down for a entry level position when it was uncovered that he fabricated his job history. However, MTI hires him as a manager/recruiter and interviewer??

It was pretty much the same in other departments. I had to wonder who hired these people????

I would recommend this company only if you have another job in the wings.
    Definitely not a career opportunity.
    MTI does not care about people.

Market Traders Institute Response

Jun 26, 2014Communications Coordinator

Hello,

... More

Dog and Pony show - felt like I was mislead and was required to mislead people

Current Employee - Sales, Team Leader, Sales Manager,  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Sales, Team Leader, Sales Manager, in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basic, generic Forex information. Nothing you cannot find n your own.

Cons

Don't feel that this course was worth the price or that all employees are treated fairly.
    Price of course is inflated by at least 500%

Many employees are disillusioned by the supposed opportunities here espoused by management. I believe the first step is for management to offer more credible and accurate income potential, not hyped nonsense.

Management feels that PTO time and earned commissions are at the discretion of management. If you earn it, it is suppsoed to be yours and no questions asked. Also when leaving employment with MTI/NSFH, management feels compelled to keep PTO time and earned commissions and not pay these out to employees. NOTE to all employees. If you are planning on leaving this company, take yout PTO time first or you'll never see it. And do not make any sales, you will never see the bonus.

When you do leave, you will find other companies have better benefits, medical coverage and better 401 (k) plans. The retirement plan at MTI is basically a glorified savings plan with very weak options.

Suggest management upscales their PTO time, commissions, benefits and 401 (k) to be more in sync with the industry average.

Worked for Market Traders Institute? Contribute to the Community!