Market Traders Institute

Award winning environment

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its refreshing to working with a company where the management cares and is responsive to feedback. My pay is competitive, 100% medical benefits, 2 weeks a year vacation, a nice rec room and free breakfast every Friday.

The company just won an award for one of the best places to work by the Orlando Business Journal

Cons

The company is growing so sometime things can be over looked. I have found that by speaking up I have been able to get my issues addressed.

Keep up the great work but don't forget where you came from and the people that helped you get there.

WORST PLACES TO WORK RUN DON'T BELIEVE THEM

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time

Pros

I don't have any to put

Cons

First upper management has no education or experience, but because they are bestfriends they don't need to have it . Don't believe the positive on here anyone can post on here what you read is a lie. They are trying to make this place look good because so many people have left or got fired. The turnaround here is crazy. They asked everyone why they work here to get a paycheck you think I am going to tell you that and lose my income until I find another job I am stuck here. I have heard people talk bad about people who used to work here the management lacks skills to be a manager really. They let people come to work high and drunk does that sound professional to you. I have also seen these poor women that work here deal with sexual harassment from upper staff to lower and inappropriate behavior. They claim to promote from within but that does not happen unless you are buddy buddy with the management team and owners. If you know what is best take these reviews serious and don't take a job here if they offer you one.

get some education and experience

Amazing Disappointment. They get a big F-

I worked at Market Traders Institute

Pros

To learn how to trade without paying for their overpriced Ultimate Traders Package

Cons

I realize that is a disgruntled environment here however you have existing employees making spot on accusations. I have never seen a company that has an armed retire policeman that sits in front and works 40 hours a week in the place. Thought that was strange especially since this is not a bank nor are they a financial institution as their employees will say as they deceitfully get clients to use credits cards for purchases.They claim they are traders however they are not and compliance allows this as long as they have a demo account. They are well-trained snake oil salesmen. They are very young with very little experience. They are most definitively not what they say they are and of course will hide behind these comments as they are just disgruntled employees I feel like a fool that I went for this fake especially since I have been in business for a long time, my bad. I was fascinated with the forex market and the products this company sold.I was studying on my own time even reading the founders books to be a trader and have him as my mentor. What he writes about I believe however I have become suspect. I will not recommend this company. That is right I am a very unhappy customer.FYI, these comments are primarily towards their closers and not the other departments as I have no experience on those teams

If you are buying this product ask the salesmen how old they are and how long have they been trading with their own money. You will be totally surprised. I suggest listening to the presentation for the full enjoyment prior to asking that question..If you looking for employment beware. They are a boiler room to the tee. They are what the financial industry went down for 7 years ago, very outdated methods that may never change due to the top level creaming the bottom level

Not that this will do any good but get rid of the management and mandate that those in the gene pool get a clue on how they are looked at or how they make the founder look. Stop making false statements and harassing people from overseas, as well as Americans.

Do background checks and fingerprints. Drug testing as well. The only challenge here is you would lose probably 50% or more in certain departments. Start showing respect and walk the talk. Change your outdated marketing. You have some good people there that have talent and are flat out unhappy.

Avoid this place at all cost

Current Employee - Closer
    Current Employee - Closer

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only positive thing are the employee benefits and that they feed you breakfast on Friday's.

Cons

Where do I begin this company talks about leadership and integrity, but is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for. The only way too advance is if you are family or friends or if you sleep with the management staff.

I feel sorry for the women in this company as their is no real growth for them. I also feel sorry that they are constantly sexually harassed by most of the men in the office. Being a man myself I actually feel sorry and would never let my wife work here.

This company makes up policies and procedures as they go along and the turnover rate is outrageous. No one really last more than 6 months. If you make it past a year consider yourself part of the minority. Favoritism is high and as long as you are best friends with one of the owners your job is pretty much secure. I am only sticking it out right now due to a pretty decent salary and the job market isn't at its best.

Take a strong look at who you have as leaders. You are constantly losing good people because the people you choose to help run your company don't have the qualities you claim you strive so high to possess.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Educatuional Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Educatuional Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large office. Pay is ok.

Cons

False promises. Definitely a buddy-buddy system here. If you are not a relative or friends with management, you go nowhere. Promotions are not based on skill but are based on who you know. For example, one individual was promoted to sales manager because he was close friends with management, was getting married and needed a higher postion and pay level to qualify for a mortgage. The man who built that dept was demoted and took a $15,000 cut In pay after spending 8 months of work, long hours, countless meetings, trainings, recruiting new people and taking over a dept he inherited in chaos. He never even got as much as a thank you.

This is also a very stressful environment. Two people so far had cardiac issues. One was escorted to a hospital via ambulance from work. While he was hospitalized all the company was concerned with was how soon he would return to work. The other had a heart attack followed by triple heart bypass followed by a stroke. To this day he cannot speak and is on disability. Is any job worth this?

In another regard, management likes to reposition leads that team members are working on and award them to other employees just as these accounts are about to close. The team member who did the work gets nothing. The "special person" gets the commission and the accolades.

Wise up. Get some people who care about people to run this company. And get people who know what they are doing to take over management roles. And to the HR person who rebuts comments here, I and others have approached you numerous times regarding issues. While you have a nice smile and seem sincere, all we have heard is that you are checking into it. Must still be checking into it. Been over 2 years and still nothing has been done. Would like to see less promises, more action.

Great chance to get in on the ground floor of something bog!

Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I took the job here, I wanted to make an impact. I wanted to get in somewhere where I can grow, make decisions and make things happen. This company can certainly gives this to you if your willing to excel at your job, be proactive, communicative, and helpful.

They let you take all the course's and use the charting software for free! I am learning so much and I have access to all the course presenters! Oh and the have matching 401K! Also 100% medical and visions for employee.

Cons

I am not a fan of the cubes and company culture is not the best. Although we just got a ping pong table.

more culture to the rest of the company as the sales team is not the only employee you have.

All talk, no follow through

Current Employee - Forex Market Analyst in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Forex Market Analyst in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a paycheck and a commission. Nothing really great about the company. Decent location.

Cons

This is a small business that is run by their buddy buddy "inner circle" that constantly talks the big talk about the next BIG THING but they never actually follow up after anything gets 90% done. Completely untrustworthy, if it's promised to you then get it in writing, don't rely on handshakes or promises. No room for promotion. If you switch departments they'll always call it a "promotion". Speaking your mind in a sales meeting almost guarantees being fired.

You need qualified management that actually went to college. Not your brothers, friends, and family members. You're trying to think big but surround yourselves with short sighted ego tripping friends.

Market Traders Institute Response

Jun 26, 2014Communications Coordinator

Hello,

As the HR executive at Market Traders Institute, I want you to know that I hear your concerns. I'd like to offer my assistance for you in this matter. I want nothing more than to address
    ... More

A Lot of false promises. Mostly Fluff

Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Heathrow, FL
    Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Heathrow, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Introduced me to the Forex Market. Nice Building. Free donuts on Fridays. Nice birthday parties.

Cons

Felt exploited, used and abused. Underpaid. I thought it was interesting that when employees resigned, management would require them to leave immediately, not even finish out their 2 week notices. Felt like management conned us with false promises.

Get your act together. Treat people fairly.

MTI/NEXT STEP FINANCIAL HOLDINGS just uses people

Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Educational Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MTI just uses people

I have been in the job market for 2 decades and never have I seen a company like MTI that just takes advantage of people. They will pull you from one job category to another regardless of whether you want it or if it is right for you or not. They put you where they want to as long as it is good for business. You can rebuild a department and not get as much as a thank you. What you will get is either terminated or demoted while they replace you with one of their "Anointed Ones" And their word is not their bond and it starts from the top down.

One morning during a employee meeting, CEO asked all of us to laud a high ranking officer of the company for his hard work. We complied and deservedly so. We all saw this man put in long hours in which he was never paid for because he was on salary.. Later CEO Jared, using the social media publicly said on facebook that this man is doing a great job. 2 hours later some of us wanted to congratulate this man only to find that he was fired! I ask you, how does a man go from getting accolades privately and publicly to being fired all in the same day? Only at MTI/NEXT STEP FINANCIAL HOLDINGS.

But it doesn't end in one case.

A man named Dan was hired as a sales trainer and manager over the account rep team. He was a professional sales trainer and salesman. Had won numerous awards and honors from legitimate sales companies. Dan came in, retrained the department as well as other sales people in the company, rewrote sales manuals, scripts and agenda. What was Dan's reward? As soon as MTI captured all of his information, they fired him.

But it doesn't end there.

Shawn Beecher was the highest ranked employees to be released by MTI. He was the top presenter and one of the top people in the company. He had been VP for one of the Martinez families other companies and had dedicated about a decade to MTI and associated companies, retraining employees, conducting sales training and t/o-ing in addition to doing webinar presentations and helping students as an analyst on demand. Shawn was one of the few people at MTI who truly understands the forex, has securities licences and actually trades successfully . It was also felt that Mr. Beecher was primarily responsible for helping to turn around MTI/NSFH in 2011 when they layed off around 75% of their staff and many people thought that MTI might be closing down. Squeezed like a sponge and then goodbye!

NOTE: Last time a top level executive was released, a massive layoff followed.

And it doesn't end there. Two other employees felt that they were ripe for promotions based on production. Management insisted, they were not ready. Both left MTI and went to other companies. One went to work for a billion dollar company, was promoted immediately, set sales records, was promoted again to a manager, then recruiter. The good news is he is making more money now he ever would have at MTI. BUT....MTI management felt he wasn't ready to be promoted.

The other guy went to another Financial Education company offering forex and other training. At MTI he won awards and beat everyone who was promoted over him. He was constantly told that he wasn't ready yet at MTI. At the new company, he became the top rep in the company in his first month and his monthly sales went over $100,000, earning nearly $15,000 a month. He is happy he left MTI. BUT...MTI management insisted that he wasn't ready for a promotion. BIG MISTAKE!

There is no correlation between a persons title and their ability to make sound judgements or decisions. MTI management is living proof of that.

It is very true that everyone who gets promoted is either related to the family somehow or a close friend. No one else has a chance.

This is not a career opportunity. Not a real job, just a job. BUT....If you don't mind being stewed, screwed and BBQ'ed, treated like garbage, do all the work while others get promoted, enjoy!!!!!!!!! By the way, when you leave MTI/NSFH you will find that getting a real job with legitimate companies is difficult because you have been stereotypes as working for get rich quick schemes. Be careful.

Cons

Felt like I and others except for certain elite people were being treated the same way a baby treats a diaper. Jared Martinez is the CEO. He is a legend in his own mind. Calls himself the "FX Chief" Not everyone agrees

Have lot's of advice if they are willing to listen. Doubt if they will. After nearly 3 years, they never wanted hear anything, only dictated.

A career, not just a job

Current Employee - Operations in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Long Term Opportunity with realistic expectations

Cons

I wish i didn't work from a cubical but one day i know i wont have to

Vision and direction of the company is great (you got a believer in me). Please add additional office space and separate the sales people from the operation/ support people.

Market Traders Institute Photos