MarketBridge Reviews

1. Love This Company!

Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest thing I enjoy about MarketBridge is the collection of talent that permeates every line of business at the firm. Being someone that really tries to put my best foot forward and work on executing the best solutions possible, it's refreshing to work with a team that's just as interested in being their very best as well. Leadership does a wonderful job with recognition as well. While we run a tight ship with people usually wearing multiple hats on any given day, the senior leadership makes a point to make sure happiness bombs are dropped on us regularly.

Cons

Long hours and frequent travel is required in my role, but that's something I signed up for and MarketBridge over-communicated the expectations here, so I completely respect the transparency.

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the ground and continue pushing us to be great, not good. Good talent likes being surrounded by other good talent, so keep the standards high on who we allow to join The Bridge.

2. Overall Great Company

I have been working at MarketBridge

Pros

Everyone is smart. Employees feel valued.

Cons

Everyone eats lunch at their desk

Advice to Management

Keep putting your epmloyee's happiness first

Incredible place to gain cross-functional, real-world applicable marketing experience

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager

I worked at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Ability to participate in high-profile marketing engagements with reputable Fortune 1000 companies - Great environment for learning - every day brings new challenges and pushes you to think "outside the box" - Helps you gain broad range of marketing skills - digital, channel, sales enablement, direct, etc. - Highly collaborative atmosphere, team members always winning to dive in to support one another - Structured, transparent career path - you always know your status and objectives you'll need to meet to progress - Great group of people - everyone who joins brings something unique and special; SF leaders were unbeatable

Cons

- Wavering company identity - quarterly changes to who we are as a firm, where our services are a best fit - Open office environment - great for collaboration, difficult to focus and tune out noise/chatter - Not enough cross-office collaboration; often seemed as though we were two separate entities with different agendas

Great place to start your career

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You learn a TON right away. You'll gain hard, transferrable expertise in many different areas. I would disagree with a few other reviews that dinged personal development training...MB wants you to learn and grow. -As others have said, it is very sink or swim. You are given a lot of responsibility right away, which are great for some while others struggle. -People are incredibly smart and hard working. -Office culture is just like a start up. Lax dress code, Ping pong in the office, happy hours, putt putt tournaments, holiday parties, etc -Not a lot of travel, especially compared to other consulting companies

Cons

-Company is very reliant on a few brand name clients for revenue. New projects are few and far between and tend to come from existing accounts rather than new ones. -As others have said, MarketBridge still has no idea on how to position itself in the marketplace (which is ironic). There is somewhat of false positivity around where we are going, but results (new projects) are slow. Messaging and strategy change every 6 months. -Workers lower on the totem poll end up doing all of the work with very little direction from the VP level, and very little recognition. -Salary is not as competitive as it used to be, especially for the hours that are required.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to identify yourself

Great consulting experience while maintaining good work-life balance

Current Employee - Analytics in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Analytics in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Meritocracy-based environment: If you work hard and perform, you can move up very quickly within the company - Full of smart people: I'm constantly impressed by the intelligence level of my peers. I am challenged intellectually on a daily basis - Work-Life Balance: It's not a traditional consulting firm that puts you on the road 4 days a week. Most people leave the office by 6 pm and can actually maintain a life outside of work. - Compensation: I've found it to be very competitive with the industry. - Great culture/social environment: The company is always doing fun things to keep employees engaged. It's truly an entrepreneurial and social culture.

Cons

- You have to figure a lot of things out: I actually think this is a pro, but if you need structure, this is not the place for you. This ties into the entrepreneurial atmosphere, but you are responsible for driving your own career.

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you're doing

Growing company with growing career prospects

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility early on in your career. Good support from upper management. Entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Sink or swim. You need to work hard to progress. Not the right place if you just want to do the same thing every day. This firm will challenge you. That's good for some and not so good for others.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and get out of your own way.

Over promises and under delivers for their clients.

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're just starting your career fresh out of college with zero work experience you're in good shape here. Great place to begin and grow your portfolio with exposure to f/500 clients. This firm did some great work back in 2005-2007 but just stopped doing anything worth talking about following.

Cons

All the training is on the job with little to no formal professional development. The firm lacks digital expertise which is simply unexceptionable in 2014. The executive team runs the firm as if there are three separate businesses under one roof which is fine if it aligns to the messaging being sent to market.

Advice to Management

Treat your team how you would want to be treated.

9. Like a ship, it takes time for the turnaround to complete, but it's beginning

I have been working at MarketBridge

Pros

Got rid of untalented CEO who drive talent out the door. Got rid of expensive CEO that did little to advance the firm's strategy Healthier work environment with a core group of people who care about employees A-list of clients Good work and learning opportunities Ex-CEO and founder now back and engaged

Cons

Projects out of scope and demanding clients IT frustrations- they don't really know what they are doing Vision- what does the firm strive to become?

Advice to Management

Stay focused Remember your only asset is your people

Such Potential

Former Employee - Consultant in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge

Pros

Good niche positioning in the market. Unique intellectual capital, great people and a focus on delivering value to customers.

Cons

CEO struggles with what he wants the company to be when it grows up. Previous CEO drove out much of the talent that build the business and develop the firm IP.

Advice to Management

Focus on one thing, do it well and reward those who add value.

Better than Govt Contracting, But Not Much

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge

Pros

Smart colleagues and managers, less travel than other consulting companies, prestigious clients

Cons

too tech sector dependent and efforts to diversify into other industries and down the value chain have failed miserably, hours are on the long side (50-55+ per week), and pay is significantly lower than competitors.

Advice to Management

Diversify into consumer tech instead of focusing so heavily on B2B.

RSS Feed </> Embed