MarketBridge Reviews

MarketBridge Chairman and CEO Tim Furey
Tim Furey

1. Fast-pace environment on the cutting edge of marketing and sales

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

MarketBridge is positioned in the exact right space for hyper-growth. With a focus on predictive analytics, digital content, and with new technologies at the ready, there is a massive opportunity for team members to latch on to as they drive their careers. With a client list to die for an 15 years of experience as a firm, MarketBridge has a leg up on many of the new entrants in the market. The leadership team is growth oriented and continues to make sizable investments across the firm (including significant investments in new product). The culture is young, fast paced, work hard/play hard, and continuously learning/growing. Lots of opportunities for team members to take on important initiatives and run with them.

Cons

Change is hard and MarketBridge has changed a lot in the last 18 months - shifting from a legacy consulting company to what it is today. This has led to some senior turnover in the firm which can be challenging to manage. It also requires new capabilities which take time to develop and hire for across the team.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on what is most critical and empower all team members to lean in to be part of driving the vision.

RE: Hard for Experienced People

Pros

As CEO I really appreciate the feedback. Yes, we have a great staff of really smart high energy millenials. As for senior leadership, agree that it can be hard on new outsiders that lack a high, commercially-oriented motor. Two of six people in current leadership have been here for 18 months and are highly successful. Managed leadership turnover has dramatically reduced politics and created total strategy alignment. As for product development, we have invested heavily in past 18 months and are just releasing a fantastic platform named Stringer that is getting rave reviews from clients. On-line demos on web site in September. Biggest need we have now is front-end and back-end product developers, data scientists, and content technologists.

Cons

Not all employees can be a fit as the market and company move to new technology based solutions delivered through SaaS apps and data heavy, predictive customer analytics.

Very Hard For New Experienced People

Former Employee - On the Senior End of Things in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - On the Senior End of Things in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of talented people at the Principal level and below. Tons of opportunities for growth, to a point. Excellent cash compensation for the work. Analysts are fantastic, coming from great schools, but without a lot of "baseline" technical knowledge.

Cons

Still won't invest seriously in products and technology, but that's all they talk about. A lot of it only exists in marketing brochures. Allows fiefdoms of veterans to control things and backstab people. CEO actively sows dissension among senior leaders. Bonus payouts are based on unrealistic goals. VPs and above have been there so long they don't know what it's really like at other companies. It seems like direction changes all the time.

Advice to Management

Decide what you're going to be, once and for all, stop the constant course changes. Stop luring people to the company with promises and then putting them in impossible positions. Stop the toxic backstabbing culture. Bring some new blood in and keep them.

Ditto “Very Hard For New Experienced People ”

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

If you are 21 or 22/ just out of college and believe that a ping pong table, some bagels on Friday, and an occasional beer in the office equal benefits…well then this might be a good place to you. You will probably make a little more than some of your friends graduating, so that is a pro too.

Cons

I’ll highlight some of the memories I have from MarketBridge. For starters – there is no real HR department…the COO serves as a quasi-HR person who couldn’t care less if there are real HR-relevant issues with employees and will actually reply to an issue saying “well what do you want me to do about it”? Turnover is horrendous and when it is brought up at staff meeting the CEO, Tim, would get defensive about it saying that it either wasn’t bad compared to other organizations or that it was basically that employee not being a good fit for the organization. MarketBridge is all about reinventing itself, only it never really changes. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” how often that was said about the behavior of the Senior Leaders there – I can’t even count. It’s true – look at how often the logos change, the LOB names change, and even changes of the name of what they do/sell/offer in hopes of revenue growth – all without actually changing ANYTHING about the organization. They talk about being experts at Social Selling and Digital Marketing, but they aren’t. They don’t even utilize Salesforce.com properly for their own accounts and the way they go about getting leads is not kosher. They don’t invest in their employees because they still believe the economy is so bad that no one will leave. Bonuses never happen because the revenue targets are insane, as mentioned in other posts, yet the staffing plans are skewed. They slash pricing on projects in the hope that the client will buy again later at full price, but still force the employees to deliver on the original scope of work and do that in conjunction with a second project by cutting their staffing levels to show 50% per project on the staffing sheet when the reality is each project uses 100% of their time and they are burning out their smart/hard works with that. Work/life balance doesn't exist at this organization.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to be when you grow up and really align to that as an organization instead of just changing the names of what you offer without changing the offering. Don't sell work that isn't in your wheelhouse just to make a sale. Empower your employees to develop their careers, but don't burn them out. Hire a real HR department (or at least a Director) to handle issues that occur.

6. Love This Company!

Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest thing I enjoy about MarketBridge is the collection of talent that permeates every line of business at the firm. Being someone that really tries to put my best foot forward and work on executing the best solutions possible, it's refreshing to work with a team that's just as interested in being their very best as well. Leadership does a wonderful job with recognition as well. While we run a tight ship with people usually wearing multiple hats on any given day, the senior leadership makes a point to make sure happiness bombs are dropped on us regularly.

Cons

Long hours and frequent travel is required in my role, but that's something I signed up for and MarketBridge over-communicated the expectations here, so I completely respect the transparency.

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the ground and continue pushing us to be great, not good. Good talent likes being surrounded by other good talent, so keep the standards high on who we allow to join The Bridge.

7. Overall Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Everyone is smart. Employees feel valued.

Cons

Everyone eats lunch at their desk

Advice to Management

Keep putting your epmloyee's happiness first

Incredible place to gain cross-functional, real-world applicable marketing experience

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager

I worked at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Ability to participate in high-profile marketing engagements with reputable Fortune 1000 companies - Great environment for learning - every day brings new challenges and pushes you to think "outside the box" - Helps you gain broad range of marketing skills - digital, channel, sales enablement, direct, etc. - Highly collaborative atmosphere, team members always winning to dive in to support one another - Structured, transparent career path - you always know your status and objectives you'll need to meet to progress - Great group of people - everyone who joins brings something unique and special; SF leaders were unbeatable

Cons

- Wavering company identity - quarterly changes to who we are as a firm, where our services are a best fit - Open office environment - great for collaboration, difficult to focus and tune out noise/chatter - Not enough cross-office collaboration; often seemed as though we were two separate entities with different agendas

Great place to start your career

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You learn a TON right away. You'll gain hard, transferrable expertise in many different areas. I would disagree with a few other reviews that dinged personal development training...MB wants you to learn and grow. -As others have said, it is very sink or swim. You are given a lot of responsibility right away, which are great for some while others struggle. -People are incredibly smart and hard working. -Office culture is just like a start up. Lax dress code, Ping pong in the office, happy hours, putt putt tournaments, holiday parties, etc -Not a lot of travel, especially compared to other consulting companies

Cons

-Company is very reliant on a few brand name clients for revenue. New projects are few and far between and tend to come from existing accounts rather than new ones. -As others have said, MarketBridge still has no idea on how to position itself in the marketplace (which is ironic). There is somewhat of false positivity around where we are going, but results (new projects) are slow. Messaging and strategy change every 6 months. -Workers lower on the totem poll end up doing all of the work with very little direction from the VP level, and very little recognition. -Salary is not as competitive as it used to be, especially for the hours that are required.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to identify yourself

Great consulting experience while maintaining good work-life balance

Current Employee - Analytics in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Analytics in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Meritocracy-based environment: If you work hard and perform, you can move up very quickly within the company - Full of smart people: I'm constantly impressed by the intelligence level of my peers. I am challenged intellectually on a daily basis - Work-Life Balance: It's not a traditional consulting firm that puts you on the road 4 days a week. Most people leave the office by 6 pm and can actually maintain a life outside of work. - Compensation: I've found it to be very competitive with the industry. - Great culture/social environment: The company is always doing fun things to keep employees engaged. It's truly an entrepreneurial and social culture.

Cons

- You have to figure a lot of things out: I actually think this is a pro, but if you need structure, this is not the place for you. This ties into the entrepreneurial atmosphere, but you are responsible for driving your own career.

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you're doing

Growing company with growing career prospects

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility early on in your career. Good support from upper management. Entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Sink or swim. You need to work hard to progress. Not the right place if you just want to do the same thing every day. This firm will challenge you. That's good for some and not so good for others.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and get out of your own way.

RSS Feed </> Embed