MarketShare

Qualiity Analytics

Current Employee - Vice President Analytics  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Analytics in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good group of Marketing Analytics folks. The Strategists are very informed about the models and do a better job of presenting the information then I've seen at competitive organizations.

Cons

Not much variety in the work. No 401k matchng funds.

Great place to grow and get smarter

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, smart people. Sense of camaraderie, teamwork, great planes and lots of opportunities to make a difference. Fair and balanced management. Great HR! Very impressive client list, ever changing list of challenges and lots of things to work on along with the flexibility to make yourself. Some great changes this year in processes and tools.

Cons

Location with the best views in LA and the worst traffic, but flexible hours and ability to telecommute. This is one of those cases when you hate traffic, but love it when you are in the office.

Keep focus

High growth company, fast-paced and flexible culture, a place where you can make an impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like working with a high growth company like MarketShare because growth brings plenty of future opportunities. Some Pro's of working here:
    - Unlimited vacation
    - Blue chip brands as customers
    - Working in marketing analytics technology and services - great for career growth
    - Chance to build the company - always looking for ways to improve, grow and scale better
    - Fun people who bring their real personalities to work (no corporate facades)
    - Benefits of a smaller company with the resources and talent you'd find in a much larger organization

Cons

We work hard. This is not a 40-hour work-week kind of place (as though that exists anywhere in the U.S., right?). You have to be the kind of person who is willing to take a self-guided career approach. You bring ideas, or make the case for something, and it will be considered. But don't count on lots of HR Programs and the like in an a la carte list. For example, someone in the office proposed a company-sponsored soccer league in NY, so we're doing it. You have to show some initiative, which I personally think is a plus.

We need a more formalized approach to training, and it's great that it's underway.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best and fast growing analytics companies!

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the smart marketing analytics people in the industry
    Very challenging technology operations team
    Good pay and nice facilities in office

Cons

Very fast changing environment. technology stacks changes frequently and team has to upgrade fast and quick to adapt to the changes

TechOps: They actually care about you. Wow!

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

“Good Career Growth, Fast Paced Environment, Smart Colleagues”
    MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization. MarketShare is a leader in Big Data Marketing Analytics and working here is definitely an opportunity to personally learn, grow, and help shape this booming market. You're surrounded by the smartest people in their respective industries. I work with a lot of really smart people that constantly push me to do my best and always seem to be giving it 100%. You always have opportunities to learn and grow.
    In TechOps, we're each encouraged to speak up when we see something that could be made better and treated as if our opinions matter. We're given respect and treated like experts and professionals from day one. The company and my team are changing very quickly, so there's a lot of room for growth and advancement if you want to seize it. We're always reminded that we are in control of our careers and that there are plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement. Our managers are there to help us in our careers and to act as advocates for us. We're encouraged to become experts in some aspect of our jobs.

Cons

Not many cons...Similar to many rapidly growing companies, processes and roadmaps are not always clearly defined which can cause confusion, but this opens a window of opportunity to play an exciting role in providing open feedback and helping better establish these processes

Continue making employees feel valued, proud and important. Continue promoting and pushing for healthy employees who maintain a healthy work-life balance. Try to keep the culture. Lots of focus on my team about 24/7 support and solving the most immediate problems in front of us. Don't forget to focus on the big picture processes that need to get put in place in order to meet your objectives long-term too. Those tend to prevent the short-term problems from coming up in the first place.

Great People, Very Entreprenuerial, Good Culture, and Challenging Projects

I have been working at MarketShare

Pros

Almost no micromanagement, Once you have proven yourself you are given the keys to the car. A great group of friendly smart people create a great environment for you to learn from and share ideas. In terms of skills growth I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The company is extremely flexible, and I enjoy great work / life balance

Cons

I wish there were more training opportunities (soft, technical, and analytical) made available. The constantly changing performance assessment / review process can be confusing.

Interesting company with some growing pains

I worked at MarketShare

Pros

Compensation, interesting clients, great technology

Cons

Structure not matured, high turnover, lack of focus

Great place to learn and challenge yourself

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You're surrounded by the smartest people in their respective industries. You always have opportunities to learn and grow. Great benefits and flexibility where if you can get your work done and deliver, nobody will bother you. Salary is fair but room for improvement. Ability to dictate your own career path and take on opportunities that you wouldn't have in a more corporate or bureaucratic organization.

Cons

If you're looking for a place that dictates your work with black and white answers, this is not the place for you. Constantly working in the gray area and dictating process and best practices as we go along. The exciting part is pioneering that, but it's not for everybody.

More transparency, more communication, mentor the middle management and leadership tier better

Smart colleagues, growing company and great opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

* Growing company makes for opportunities to take on increasingly large professional responsibilities for career growth
    * Talented colleagues
    * Strong support for work/life balance from management. The company supports technologies that allow for remote work when needed and management supports those priorities. There has not been a day that I walked into work and not wanted to be there
    * This company is producing a leading service and it feels good to be a part of making it even better
    * The culture is largely vibrant - but also, is what you make of it for good or bad. The age tends to skew on the younger side relative to other companies, being that it is a technology company and draws such talent.

Cons

* Unlike a start-up, there is a mixed feeling of ownership or equity. There is an EPU program which is the equivalent of a stock option plan. Only, there is no well defined definition of the value of this plan. This leaves the possibility that the owners and board have a very lucrative sale without the employees benefiting as much or at all from it.
    * Pay is generally on the lower end of the scale

As you grow the company, carefully consider how to move forward with managing profitability. You have the fortune of talented and highly educated staff supporting the company and you have the misfortune of these people carefully watching every change good (new clients, new services) and bad (change in policies regarding promotions, bonuses, value of EPU, salary increases).
    I think your value is in your employees and innovation they have made and have yet to be made in the coming years. The client base, while impressive, will not grow at its current pace without the continued support from your staff.

Better Technology Firms Out There

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting space. Problem that MarkeShare potentially solves is on every CMO's radar.
    Pretty good services/client implementation team.
    Smart people. Some egos.

Cons

Less about software and more about manual process. Therefor Company cannot scale-not enough qualified people to build out the models and collect, append, augment the data.
    Product direction is poor. No CTO and CMO. This is more of a boutique consulting outfit. The software they deliver is a small portion of the overall solution, maybe 15%. Yet it's billed as a SaaS company. That's a stretch. They position this as SaaS to their clients and in their marketing.
    Culture is void.

Management has never run an enterprise software company before and they don't understand how to scale.

Big disconnect between senior management and employees. Strategist continually quiting because its a dead end job with no balance. Project burns out the strategists. Need to figure this out.

Not venture capital backed. Private equity backed. There will never be an equity exit play except for the founders and a few senior management. Therefor they will never attract top Silicon Valley talent.

MarketShare Photos

New floor in Los Angeles
Our Redwod Shores office
Cafeteria area
Office building

+ Add Photo

Worked for MarketShare? Contribute to the Community!